50 Shades of Kinky Fackery

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
SO! Who has read the 50 Shades trilogy?! I am almost done with the third book. I LOVED the first book. Second was good, so was the third thus far.. but I feel like in the first one, I was somewhat reminded of twilight. Anyone else feel that AT ALL?

Replies

• ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Haven't read it but several friends have. I am sure I will get to it eventually. I am reading an autobiography about Ted Bundy right now.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    It's fan fiction for Twilight.
  • Salamanda425
    Salamanda425 Posts: 358
    Options
    I'm reading it right now....I actually am having a hard time w/ it. Normally when I get a good kinky book I can't put it down....this one I'm having a hard time picking up!!!! I don't know....maybe b/c it is a little Twighlighty?
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Where did you read that it was fan fiction for Twilight? I would love to read that! So funny, seeing as thought I kind of felt it a bit in the first book. The whole " im not the guy for you" ect ect ect.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    50 Shades started out as Twilight Fan Fiction which doesn't excuse it for being virtually the exact same story with kinkiness rather than vampires and werewovles.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I'm reading it right now....I actually am having a hard time w/ it. Normally when I get a good kinky book I can't put it down....this one I'm having a hard time picking up!!!! I don't know....maybe b/c it is a little Twighlighty?

Wow! SO glad I wasnt alone with the Twilight thing! BUT.. i do loveeee the books, dont get me wrong.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I haven't started reading them yet, but I read a lot of the reviews on amazon. Some people mentioned the feeling that it seemed to be written by a couple teenage twilight fans. While I liked the twilight books, those reviews are what's kept me from starting the trilogy.

I'm currently reading the new Dark Tower series book by Stephen King. That's my favorite book series by far. I love it super hard.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I haven't started reading them yet, but I read a lot of the reviews on amazon. Some people mentioned the feeling that it seemed to be written by a couple teenage twilight fans. While I liked the twilight books, those reviews are what's kept me from starting the trilogy.

I'm currently reading the new Dark Tower series book by Stephen King. That's my favorite book series by far. I love it super hard.

I just searched the " fan fiction" thing on google.. some people say it's true, some say it isnt. I don't know if its true or not, but I do know I got a sense of ' twilight" when I read the first book. It didnt stop me from enjoying it though.. I would STILL read another one if there was a fourth! What is Dark Tower all about?!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I read all three books in less than a week and I loved them. It was a great fuel for my fire ;)

I may try and read them again this summer.... just slower this time. It is not a well written series but I certainly enjoyed the read!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I read all three books in less than a week and I loved them. It was a great fuel for my fire ;)

I may try and read them again this summer.... just slower this time. It is not a well written series but I certainly enjoyed the read!

I was thinking of re-reading the first book once I finished the last one. I ZOOMED through them.. I also want to take my time and re-read it..
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion, they're complete junk. Horribly written, stupid story line, and the sex isn't even remotely hot. But hey, whatever gets you goin'.
  • mbajrami
    Options
    It's got a lot of regular Stephen King-y sci-fi/horror stuff, but it's also got a really cool mix of western-ish gunslinger attitude set in an old fashioned medieval values type of world. Then he effortlessly intermingles modern day times into it. I was blown away by his ability to do it so well, even having read EVERYTHING he's written before that. It truly is his "magnum opus"/life's work. If you like his other stuff, you'll love this and be pleasantly surprised by the added in depth of characters and time periods/genres he mixes in. I couldn't put it down.

The book he just released is the 8th one, but the story is set between the 4th and 5th books. The first book is called "The Gunslinger".

Man, I just realized I sound like such a nerd. Ha!
  • mbajrami
    Options
    Oh, and p.s. a male coworker of mine said to me that the Shades series "changed his life" because now his wife is a horny *kitten*. He was like, "You gotta read it, your boyfriend will be glad you did! My wife wakes me up while I'm asleep!" I was like, "Ummmm, I don't really NEED the books to get me going. I stay that way." Lol
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the second one right now and like it. I read all the Twilight books and don't think they are the same. Basically aren't all love books the same anyway, I love you, you don't love me etc. Sometimes the issue is being a vampire, sometimes it's being a messed up sex addict, all the same but still worth the read.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It was Twilight fan fic. You can still download PDF's that still have the names Bella & Edward in it before she changed them.

I'm going to get flamed, but they are complete crap. It makes me so angry that so many woman think this is amazing fiction.

But, I guess I should be happy because at least people are reading books?
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOVE the 50 Shaded triliogy!!!! I am about to read them again! I will admit that when I bought the first one I had no idea what was in it, I just thought it was a reg ole love story. But the books are very good!! I read all 3 in about 6 days. I will be starting book one again tonight.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It is what it is...don't read it expecting literary genius. Almost done with the third book and was quite entertained.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have read all of them and they started as a fanfic for the twilight series
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    They are terribly written and there is ZERO character development HOWEVER it is still a fun mindless summer read.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am on the third book. I purchased it to see what all the buzz was about and when I began to read the first book, I was a little shocked at how detailed the book was. Had to put the book down for a while, but then went back and then had to purchase the 2nd and then the third. I am almost half way done with 50 Shades of Freed. :blushing: