Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bumping as well.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck for a while. I'll check this out later and see what it says. Thanks for sharing
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    After reading this and really looking at it this might work for me. I would miss logging my daily exercise calories burned because I like how it looks but It hink I've been obsessing too much on that.

I created a group for anyone that is doing zig zagging with hypothyroidsim so we can support each other. (if you don't have hypo you are welcome to join too!)

here is the group.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6252-zig-zagging-with-hypothyroidism
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's worth a try. Thanks.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hmmm sounds like me, hypothyroidism but it is normal with my medications so you think I could lose. Lost 22 lbs, then wham the past 5 weeks or...nothing. I workout hard and daily. I eat like 1200-2000 calories per day, mostly 1300-1700. I eat low carb/high protein everything I should be doing for my thyroid and metabolism. I am ready to break this plateau that popped up 6 weeks after starting!
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jaylee512
    jaylee512 Posts: 10
    Options
    This makes sense. When i was working with a personal trainer for a bit he told me that it was very important to have one cheat day a week. But on that cheat day still do my regular breakfast that we had set up (he had me either eat protein and fruit or nuts and berries). He said it helped kept metabolism working hard or something. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awsome thanks for sharing the info!
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    BaDumpBump
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    This is what I've been doing with leangains. I've been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 4.5 lbs. It's amazing and I feel like I have FINALLY found something that works for me.
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a question do you eat back your exercise calories? Can anyone shed light on this? thanks :)

Yes and No. Yes I eat back exercise calories because my exercise is already calculated on the zig-zag schedule, but no in the sense that you are thinking. I don't log any other exercise and eat back those calories.

Hope that explains it better :)
  • MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    Cool!!! Thanks for this tip!! I will make sure to share this with my friends in our facebook group Team High School Skinny!!!!!!! Join us if you like!!!
  • fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this. I do have one question about the zig zagging, since I do not know how many times I will exercise in a week, can I set my chart to desk job no exercise, and then eat back by exercise calories on the days I do workout?

Thanks for your help.
  • mecummings
    Options
    thanks for sharing, going to give it a try!
  • omearaee
    omearaee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it before. It sounds very interesting. Thanks for the post.
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This looks very promising! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. Two follow up questions: (1) In your example, does that mean you are actually eating 1623 calories on Tues, or eating 1298 calories that day? And, (2) The chart created for me a different caloric intake each day. Do you adjust mfp each day or just stick w/ your lowest calories on the chart, i.e., 1298 in your example?

I eat 1298 calories on Tuesday (my lowest day). I have MFP set up to 1298 every day so on Tuesdays I don't do anything, just record the food for that day.
    Today Wednesday (it's my highest day) I added a pre-set exercise (that I did myself) called "Wednesday zig-zag", when I made it I put 45 minutes (because I work out every day 45 minutes, you can put any number you want) and I put the calorie difference for Wednesday (for me is 638) so when I add it it says: "Nenabobena burned 638 calories doing 45 minutes of "Wednesday Zig-Zag"

I hope that answered your questions, if not I can elaborate again :)
    Oh I get it..so you don't actually log your exercise but the calories that it gives you and you just workout right? I'm def gonna give this a try i have been on a freaking plateau for over 4 months after being on one for over a year

I'm excited for you to try it out! I broke a 2 month plateau and that was WAY to long for me! Good luck!
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ninalee123
    Options
    bump