I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, I pretty much do this already... except that my calorie spikes aren't scheduled. I just end up having one or two days a week where I go over by a few hundred calories, balanced by the rest of the week where I stay at or below. The average daily calorie count (for extreme fat loss) given by the zig-zag method is almost exactly what I get from MFP after adding in my exercise calories. So I guess I'm doing it right?

Yes, it seems you are doing it right! Way to go!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Of course its the same calorie outcome overall weekly, but calorie cycling can be effective on a hormonal level. That's how it can help break plateaus. Some days you eat at maintenance or above, this can be effective for people who have been eating low calories for a while. So in essence, your having a mini re-feed some days within your weekly deficit, this can be all that is required, to get things moving again. My thoughts are dont knock it until you have tried it. You have to break the mould sometimes, to find out what works for you, and to learn how your body responds to different approaches.

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate your comments. There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to nutrition and weight loss, and while a lot of people are well informed, a lot of people don't know anything about it.
    So far your comments have been nothing but sensitive and refreshing.
  • purdieang
    purdieang Posts: 43
    Options
    bump
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: Bump to reivew later-Thank you for the info.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What I would like to know is that I have been losing weight steadily with MFP so far. And I still want to try this calorie zigzagging .Should I go ahead with it? Because this is giving me way more calories than MFP,(and I ain't complaining! :P ) and I am a little confused about what the outcome would be. I still have to lose about 50-60 lbs. Please help!
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What I would like to know is that I have been losing weight steadily with MFP so far. And I still want to try this calorie zigzagging .Should I go ahead with it? Because this is giving me way more calories than MFP,(and I ain't complaining! :P ) and I am a little confused about what the outcome would be. I still have to lose about 50-60 lbs. Please help!
    My advice is, if it aint broke don't fix it! It may be worth a look at in the future, if you have have hit a genuine plateau, and nothing else seems to be working. Also bear in mind, with higher calorie days, also comes lower calorie days. So again that's something to take into consideration, If you are likely to struggle with the lower days. :smile:
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give it a go.... Have heard of zig-zagging before and agree with the concept. My concern with the linked site is that my "7-day calorie cycle" numbers don't change at all when I recalculate with a different exercise level. The chart numbers agree more closely with the "little/no exercise" option chosen. I'm thinking the chart doesn't factor in exercise calories.

or maybe mine is broken :)
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give it a go.... Have heard of zig-zagging before and agree with the concept. My concern with the linked site is that my "7-day calorie cycle" numbers don't change at all when I recalculate with a different exercise level. The chart numbers agree more closely with the "little/no exercise" option chosen. I'm thinking the chart doesn't factor in exercise calories.

or maybe mine is broken :)
    Just hit the calculate button again lol :smile:
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    might go with intense workout 5 times a week

Maintenance 2092
    CALORIES/DAY
    Fat Loss 1674
    CALORIES/DAY
    Extreme Fat Loss 1255
    CALORIES/DAY
    7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)
    Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 2093 1674 1256
    Tuesday 1674 1340 1104
    Wednesday 2511 2009 1507
    Thursday 2093 1674 1256
    Friday 1884 1507 1130
    Saturday 2302 1842 1381
    Sunday 2093 1674 1256
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tonyasmoore
    Options
    Bump and thanks
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump to look over later....not eating enough calories again, stuck in a plateau.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Yep... another bump here. Thanks OP!!! This looks VERYYYY INTERESTINGGGGG.....
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump... Must read when eyes stay open....
  • Betty4615
    Betty4615 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump