Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 3145 2664 2664
    Tuesday 2664 2664 2664
    Wednesday 3774 3197 3197
    Thursday 3145 2664 2664
    Friday 2831 2664 2664
    Saturday 3460 2931 2931
    Sunday 3145 2664 2664

There is no way I'd eat this many calories in one day...yikes that would be going back to my normal way of life. Hummmm I think I can figure it out to fit in with my new way of life. Cheese and rice that's a crap load of calories. I can cut it all in half, which may work for me..hummmmm

I call BS on this too! Its saying I should eat 2500 more calories than MFP. That's picking no exercise on this plan. BS I tell you!

EDIT: Not calling BS on you just the websites numbers lol
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    NEED TO LOOK AT THIS WHEN IM NOT AT WORK! BUMP!!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is what it tells me:

Monday 2205 1764 1384
    Tuesday 1764 1411 1384
    Wednesday 2646 2117 1661
    Thursday 2205 1764 1384
    Friday 1984 1588 1384
    Saturday 2425 1940 1523
    Sunday 2205 1764 1384

I want to start with the extreme fat loss to get over this plateau that I have been on for months now. So, for example, on Monday I need to eat 1384 calories. Does this mean I don't count exercise calories? It's just a flat 1384 calories?

I read it as you don't worry about exercise calories as you have already calculated that in when you put down what you exercise (3 x week; 5 x week, etc). If I'm reading this wrong - someone let me know. I think I am going to try this as I have been trying to lose for a while now and haven't even had a chance to plateau as I haven't even lost - lol. I've been doing the eat more to lose weight since I am pretty active, but have only dropped a couple pounds. I've looked into the zigzagging and have thought about doing it before. Maybe we should start a group for this as it would help to keep our comments and questions all in one place?

Great idea, how do we start a group?
    And yes, you don't eat any other exercise calories as they are already calculated on your zig-zag schedule :)

My problem with "already counted" exercise calories is what if I am unable to do the workouts I've already counted? What if I get extra exercise? If I don't count it first, it's likely to be more accurate.

You've got a point. I suppose you could under calculate your exercise and eat back exercise calories when you do exercise.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bennieangel
    Options
    bump
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've looked into this before but couldn't be bothered figuring out the numbers and was too complicated for my simple brain...but this is excellent.

I'll keep it in mind if my current battle plan fails.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    i would really like to give this a try but i am a little lost :huh:

i get the whole zig zag your cals but im not understanding exactly how your logging and im not sure about eating back my exercise cals. my exercise days vary cause of my 2 jobs. so i dont really know from 1 day to the next if im gonna get to work out. i was eating 1200 a day and plateaued, then i switched to eat more to weigh less and after 2 weeks plateaued again! so ive just been kind of maintaining the last few weeks. and i only have about 10 lbs to go to my GW.

and im at a plateau...AGAIN :mad: im about to say screw it all and just any and everything i want! this is so frustrating!!! :explode:

You know, we are all here doing our best. I know this method works and you have very little to lose, if you commit to work out the days that you have indicated in the calculations, this should help you.
    I"m sorry about your schedule, I know how difficult it can be. I work out at 5:30am because that's the only time that I have but at least I'm seeing results :) Good luck to you!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I read about this a while back. i have issues in the practicing department. numbers can do evil things with your head. though i decided to stop counting my intake and just focus on WHAT i eat and trying to burn.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, looks complicated...
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    Do you track protein, carbs and fat as well, or simply calories?

Because of my hypoglycemia, I eat only natural sugar (fruits/vegetables) about 30%protein 40%carbs and 30% fats
    I don't obsessed about my stats though. I just set up those % on mfp and keep an eye on them
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    Thanks for this!

I stumbled upon a simplified version, and it said (for example) if the usual daily goal is 1600 calories, then Mondays you eat 1800, Wednesday (and the other days not mentioned) you eat 1600, and Fridays you eat 1400. I love the calculator because it varies things a bit more and you get a daily breakdown rather than very loose guidelines.

Sounds simple enough!
    For the record, my lowest day is Tuesdays at 1298 and my highest day is Wednesdays at 1936. My weigh in day is Thursday morning and I always have weight loss (yes, the day after my highest day!)

Good luck!