bump
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok, I must be having a very blonde day, because I am still a little fuzzy about how the calories work with this. Let's use my Monday as an example, where it has my 'fat lost' calories at 1700.

Does that mean I can eat ONLY 1700 calories in a day, even if I exercise 500 calories (resulting in a net 1200 cals)

OR

Does that mean I can eat 2200 calories in a day, exercise 500 calories, and end with a NET of 1700

Confusing blonde is confused.

So assuming here that you entered an approximate amount of work outs in the calculator. Yes you would ONLY eat 1700 calories on Monday.

You don't add any other exercise calories.
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    bump
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this I am going to try it because I have been in a three month stall and am annoyed. Also have the same health issues plus some that you have.
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    I guess I'm not getting it. Mine says for extreme weight loss to eat 2000 calories per day, but then only 2 days that week are 2200 and 2400. I just don't see that as that extreme and how it's going to get my metabolism kicking butt?

I'm guessing you work out quite a bit. Remember that your work outs are already taken into account so the numbers don't seem crazy to me.
  • bom2010
    bom2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    So, for the chart it gives you, Maintenance, Fat Loss, Extreme Fat Loss, is that how many calories you are burning or eating in a day to maintain your weight, or to get fat loss, or to have extreme fat loss?

That's how many calories you want to eat per day. I am doing fat loss and losing 1lb a week. If I plateau I will do extreme fat loss, and once I get to my desired weight, I will eat at maintenance.
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    I'm kind of confused by this?

Anything specific? I will be happy to help :)
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    freedieting.com says I should eat 12,921 calories a week. MFP says I should eat 10'360 calories a week. So basically I should eat 2,561 more a week but eat more on certain days than other and I'll lose weight? I'm sorry but this seems like BS as of right now, but I'll look into it more.

Well MFP says you net 10,360 calories a week, so you may actually eat more because you are eating back exercise calories. With zig zagging you do not eat you are not eating your exercise calories so you are probably netting less.

MFP- net calories not total consumed
    This- total consumed

Actually I went with little to no exercise (desk job) and it said that. That's why I'm saying BS.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the totals it gives includes calories eaten back from exercise (when I plug in exercise 3x per week) or if it's net calories before workout calories are eaten back.

It has my daily low at 1792, which is a couple hundred more than MFP calculated my daily intake.
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    not to be a party pooper but I have done this naturally all my life but I am overweight and before anyone says I eat too much I vary between 1200 and 1600 cals aday (i have lost 3lb in the past 4 months) plus my job is active and i do that 4 days a week...(I log every mouthful, lick slurp or morsal that I eat and drink).........................I allow myself 105000 cals a week which the site seems to say is too low by 10,000 for my height, age and weight.... I have tried to increase my intake and that just got me fatter than ever... I do have health problems that cause weight issues so maybe thats why it does not work for me

Pedometer shows that I do 10-12000 steps a day per 8 hour shift... then there is what I do out of work to add to that...

so what am I missing here?

Are you eating clean? The math works but at the end of the day the quality of what we eat has the most impact. Processed foods are super high on sodium which leads to water retention and fat storage.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Ok, I must be having a very blonde day, because I am still a little fuzzy about how the calories work with this. Let's use my Monday as an example, where it has my 'fat lost' calories at 1700.

Does that mean I can eat ONLY 1700 calories in a day, even if I exercise 500 calories (resulting in a net 1200 cals)

OR

Does that mean I can eat 2200 calories in a day, exercise 500 calories, and end with a NET of 1700

Confusing blonde is confused.

So assuming here that you entered an approximate amount of work outs in the calculator. Yes you would ONLY eat 1700 calories on Monday.

You don't add any other exercise calories.

Thanks. :smile:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 3145 2664 2664
    Tuesday 2664 2664 2664
    Wednesday 3774 3197 3197
    Thursday 3145 2664 2664
    Friday 2831 2664 2664
    Saturday 3460 2931 2931
    Sunday 3145 2664 2664

There is no way I'd eat this many calories in one day...yikes that would be going back to my normal way of life. Hummmm I think I can figure it out to fit in with my new way of life. Cheese and rice that's a crap load of calories. I can cut it all in half, which may work for me..hummmmm
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    bump
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump