I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• GZero81
    GZero81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I'll have to try this if I stall. Thanks for posting.
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    bump . . . going to investigate!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    After reading this and really looking at it this might work for me. I would miss logging my daily exercise calories burned because I like how it looks but It hink I've been obsessing too much on that.

I created a group for anyone that is doing zig zagging with hypothyroidsim so we can support each other. (if you don't have hypo you are welcome to join too!)

here is the group.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6252-zig-zagging-with-hypothyroidism

Oh that's wonderful, thanks!
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Do you track protein, carbs and fat as well, or simply calories?
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to check it out!!
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    Cool!!! Thanks for this tip!! I will make sure to share this with my friends in our facebook group Team High School Skinny!!!!!!! Join us if you like!!!

Thank you! I will look it up :)
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    I would like to try this. I do have one question about the zig zagging, since I do not know how many times I will exercise in a week, can I set my chart to desk job no exercise, and then eat back by exercise calories on the days I do workout?

Thanks for your help.

In theory it should work. Give it a try and let us know!
  • manderswv
    manderswv Posts: 12
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!

I stumbled upon a simplified version, and it said (for example) if the usual daily goal is 1600 calories, then Mondays you eat 1800, Wednesday (and the other days not mentioned) you eat 1600, and Fridays you eat 1400. I love the calculator because it varies things a bit more and you get a daily breakdown rather than very loose guidelines.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    An easier way to do this would be. 1. Get a pen and paper, write down the zigzag plan you have been given. 2 only eat what the plan tells you no more no less. 3 forget about using mfp to log exercise, the plan you wrote down will already have accounted for it. 4 Use mfp mealy as a tool to track/meet the daily calorie requirements set out in the zig zag plan. How hard can it be really :laugh:
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I did this when I was stuck in the 130's and it got me back in the high 120's and then I ate my normal calories and kept losing. It was great when my weight got stuck. Now, I am hovering between 124.8 and 125.4, I will probably try again now that it has been a while. I ate high fiber and protein and overall just very healthy during that time (and I still do). I also drank about 10 cups of water per day, and ate dinner before 6 (personal preference).
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    This is telling me that for extreme weight loss I have to only eat 1048 calories a day. That goes against everything that I"v read here on MFP. The most calories I can eat on one of the days is 1258. I think I'm going to try this but I may starve to death in the process!

Make sure you are doing the calculations right, unless your stats are really low already (like if you are really short and lean) it doesn't sound exactly right to be so low.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    If what I had read on a site somewhere different than this one, it's good to do everyday to keep you from stalling out. I thought about just haven't done it yet
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the link. :)