after loosing weight anyone scared to become pregnant?

Options

Replies

• trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If my husband and I decide to have another child, no I'm not scared. First off when I was pregnant with my daughter I gained 7lbs. My daughter was 6lbs 12oz.
    When you get pregnant you don't have to go crazy with everything just because your pregnant. You can still do some workouts and eat healthy and not worry about gaining too much.
    But I do see where you're coming from. It's a scary thought. But you can over come that and make your pregnancy the way you want to.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, I felt the same way! But I found out the healthier lifestyle/weightloss only enhanced my pregnancy, recovery and re-loss after pregnancy. I continued my exercise and healthy eating through my pregnancy (exercise ok'd by my dr!) It was the best thing I could have done, I only gained 20 lbs during pregnancy, my c-section was a breeze, hardly any pain afterwards, my first c-section was awful but I was extremely out of shape. My recovery time was very short. I was out walking again within 2 weeks of delivery (again ok'd by my dr) and I was 2 lbs BELOW pre-pregnancy weight with in 3 weeks of delivery. Don't let it scare you into not having another if that's what you really want. Use it to enhance your pregnancy, have the healthiest, most comfortable experience you can have and motivation to get back to where you were afterwards! Good luck!
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No, because I'm losing weight in order to try to get pregnant to begin with.

Same here:smile:
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd have too much of a problem with my own baby either. Gotta have something to do for that first 2 months when all the baby does is sleep lol.

Oh you are in for the reality check from hell when you have a baby...

hahahahahahahaha good luck with that
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Nope. WE still haven't decided if we are going to have one more. But my weight was a huge factor in why my last pregnancy was so risky. I won't go through that again. If we decide to have another, I won't even try until I am at my goal weight.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd have too much of a problem with my own baby either. Gotta have something to do for that first 2 months when all the baby does is sleep lol.

Oh you are in for the reality check from hell when you have a baby...

hahahahahahahaha good luck with that

No ****! All my daughter did was scream for the first 3 months of her life.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant with my third. After finding out (oops), the first thing I did was cry. I just lost 17 pounds. I am now 16 weeks and am working out every day and tracking all I eat. I feel pretty good that I will be able to lose any weight gained after this one. I know how much effort it takes and am willing to do the work.
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    I have 4 children--between my 2nd and 3rd I got back down to my goal weight and was thrilled that my pregnancy weight never reached my heaviest weight. I lost all the weight again after my 4th child too. Due to some really terrible bum luck and bad health the last 2 years have put the pounds back on but feeling better and losing again. I exercised right up until delivery with all my children. I never gorged myself just because I was pregnant and honestly that baby weight didn't come off immediately. Birthing was really stressful for my body and it took at least 6 months for my body to feel recovered enough to start shedding the pounds. I lost a dangerous amount of blood with all my children and it took awhile to recover my strength. You know how to be successful in your weight loss--don't let a healthy bulging stomach stop your desire to have another child. You are at a good healthy place to become pregnant--eat healthy and exercise and you will be fine.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    People don't always gain weight simply because they eat way too much during pregnancy. I was put on bed rest for 6 months and told that since I had high risk twins, even walking around was too much for me and my whole focus should be on growing babies, so that's what I did. I ate when I was hungry and what I craved, and after they were born I was a heavy, but manageable 202.

Then came the post partum depression, the months alone with 2 newborns and the horrendous hormonal birth control experiments (for when hubs was back, he was at basic training when they were born) and I blew up to 245 inside a year. Now, I definitely made bad choices, the BC itself was like PMSing for 6 months and all I wanted was chocolate and soda, but even with the best intentions the weight can sneak up on you. Even if you've had easy pregnancies before, you have no idea what the next one might throw at you.

I think we definitely need to be in the mindset that gaining weight is ok. It sucks but now I am losing the weight I put on (kids are 20 months). Sometimes things come before yourself, you know? Just have to wake up from the baby haze at some point and take back your health and body :wink:
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    We haven't decided if we are having kids or not yet, but it's really important to me to be healthy and in shape *before* I get pregnant if we decide to. I don't think I would gain all the weight back because I have the tools, knowledge and community support to make the right nutrition choices during pregnancy.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    After baby #6, I lost 35 pounds and got into the best shape of my life. I looked and felt better than I had in years!
    I am now expecting #7. My profile pic is at 11 weeks along. A part of me is afraid that something will happen this time and all my hard work over the past year will be for naught. But mostly, I think this will be my most rocking, kick-butt pregnancy ever. Being is good shape definitely makes it a bit easier.
    I've also dealt with PPD following my last two deliveries. Being in the habit of exercising and getting back into it as soon as the midwife gave me the OK made a significant difference last time. That will again be my plan.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    thanks for all comments makes me feel better about gaining the weight and looking forward to TTC in august
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I will admit that among my many reasons I do not want kids (time, money, I don't tolerate children well etc.) the idea of gaining weight and getting stretch marks does get listed somewhere on there (albeit towards the middle rather than the top).
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I will admit that among my many reasons I do not want kids (time, money, I don't tolerate children well etc.) the idea of gaining weight and getting stretch marks does get listed somewhere on there (albeit towards the middle rather than the top).

not everyone gets stretch marks! i have none relly from having kids afew from puberty but thats all and i had 3 kids in 4yrs!
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options

not everyone gets stretch marks! i have none relly from having kids afew from puberty but thats all and i had 3 kids in 4yrs!

Ya not everyone gets them. I have absolutely zero:) plus " tolerating" children is alot different when they are ur own.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    this has been on my mind a lot lately. my husband and i have been married just over a year and would like to have a baby in the next year or two. depending on my mood, my feelings about this swing back and forth between:

*thinking that pregnancy will be better/easier since i'll be in shape and i'll be able to bounce back faster after delivery AND
    *being terrified that i won't have the time to dedicate to getting back into shape after a baby and thus keeping all the dreaded baby weight.

most days, i lean towards the first mentality, but i do feel like i'll feel guilty leaving my newborn at home to go workout after having him/her. i'll cross that bridge when i get there, but yeah, this topic has definitely been on my mind.

surprisingly, a lot of friends/acquaintances at the gym have been asking "what's the point of working so hard now when you're gonna get preggo and fat soon anyway?!" i just roll my eyes and shake my head at these people. :grumble:
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i lose weight like a monster when I am pregnant.
    I know that is not usual. I went from 393 (no joke) to 150 during my very first pregnancy.

I am just weird.
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i lose weight like a monster when I am pregnant.
    I know that is not usual. I went from 393 (no joke) to 150 during my very first pregnancy.

I am just weird.

PS...I have six kids... hahahaha
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Me and my partner are at the stages of discussing children. I orginally wanted to start trying on our Honeymoon in September but there are things we both still want to do.
    I want to enjoy being slim for the 1st time in over 10 years and we would both like to visit the States. So baby probably n hold till this time next year :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, that is what happened to me. Now I have a 16month old son and 40+ lbs to lose. And I had just lost all that weight before I had him.... See what happens, get sexy and folks cant keep their hands off you.lol.