I like little butts

Options

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What bothers me about the butt debate is that hardly anyone ever acknowledges the EXTREMELY racist and sexist origin of the debate.

http://english.emory.edu/Bahri/Exhibition.html

And who invited you? If you don't like it, GTFO!

Are you kidding me? This is a public forum.

Why are people so threatened by cultural critique?

Also, you don't have to be any particular race to have a big butt, HOWEVER, the cultural coding of big butts as indicating a certain type of sexiness comes from a very racist place.
    The thing that comes from a very racist place, is looking at everything in life through a racial prism. Can't we just be people having a conversation? I think so. Obviously you don't.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    <-- has giant butt and wide hips and no ****s are given if someone doesn't like it...
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    And P.S. Queen wrote songs about big butts before Sir Mix-a-Lot, in any case. And I'm pretty sure Fat Bottomed Girls is about white women.

Sorry, I tend to ignore songs about taste in women when they're sung by flamingly gay men.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What bothers me about the butt debate is that hardly anyone ever acknowledges the EXTREMELY racist and sexist origin of the debate.

Also, you don't have to be any particular race to have a big butt, HOWEVER, the cultural coding of big butts as indicating a certain type of sexiness comes from a very racist place.

Assuming that you are referring to the song for which the context of THIS thread derives from, the artist was African-American and was rapping specifically about African-American women. He did not mind at all that people of other races enjoyed his song... and so to say that referring to this one element of modern culture is an implication of racism just seems a bit self-serving to me. If Vanilla Ice had wrote and released this song about caucasian women, would we still be having this conversation?

Did you look at the link? It has absolutely nothing to do with Sir Mix-a-Lot. It goes back to the late 18th century.

And P.S. Queen wrote songs about big butts before Sir Mix-a-Lot, in any case. And I'm pretty sure Fat Bottomed Girls is about white women.

I make the rocking world go round.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    **Watches the fun** :drinker:

(Too bad my big butt's blocking the door so no one else can join in...:laugh: )
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Assuming that you are referring to the song for which the context of THIS thread derives from, the artist was African-American and was rapping specifically about African-American women. He did not mind at all that people of other races enjoyed his song... and so to say that referring to this one element of modern culture is an implication of racism just seems a bit self-serving to me. If Vanilla Ice had wrote and released this song about caucasian women, would we still be having this conversation?

Did you look at the link? It has absolutely nothing to do with Sir Mix-a-Lot. It goes back to the late 18th century.

The point is that the thread is about the song 'I Like Big Butts' by Sir-Mix-A-Lot. It is meant to be fun and playful. You, however, are a killjoy so I will discuss this with you no further. Find something better to do. You are obviously very bored!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

No - it was about Fat Bottomed Girls.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

No, not kidding. This is a public forum...but why do you feel that you have to come in here and spoil a lighthearted...fun thread with your racist crap. People like YOU are the ones that keep racism alive and well in the world today. Congratulations, bigot.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options

What bothers me is the stick you have up yours.

I agree.

how is big butt talk racist? I'm white and my butt is jumbo sized. look at jlo's booty. and how is it sexist? my hubby has a big butt and he is white male of english decent. his is almost bigger and rounder than mine.

thats a "dirty filter" issue right there. you see the world through angry colored glasses.

and the lil' butt liker dude, go you. someones gotta like the small ones. my lil' sister will agree with that. (mini tush) she works hard in a gym daily to get what she does have. so props dude.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Sorry, I tend to ignore songs about taste in women when they're sung by flamingly gay men.

:laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think I'll leave this thread I have a huge booty and very proud of it. I get nothing but compliments on it too!!!

You're very welcome to stay. :) I'll just be over here staring at Allabtlm.

I know you're just checking out my sassy pants.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    The point is that the thread is about the song 'I Like Big Butts' by Sir-Mix-A-Lot. It is meant to be fun and playful. You, however, are a killjoy so I will discuss this with you no further. Find something better to do. You are obviously very bored!

No, pretty sure it's about the butts. ;)
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My anaconda don't want none
    Unless you've got buns, hun

My favorite part . . .
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Do you REALLY know what that song is about? If I'm not mistaken, its a JOKE played between 2 of the guys from queen. The singer ( in which the song was written for) was ACTUALLY gay!!!!

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

I see your sexist point, but I think the racial aspect is much more tenuous. Yes, there are genetic aspects to one's body fat distribution, resulting "racial" stereotypes about the size and shape of the butts of certain groups of women, but there is also a lot of heterogenity even within "race." (I'm using quotes here, to point out that race is socially constructed, not a biological reality.) When I do squats to make my butt rounder, the decision is no doubt influenced by socialization, but it is not an attempt to perform "otherness."
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    I know you're just checking out my sassy pants.

:wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    FINALLY some recognition for the little butts!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options

http://english.emory.edu/Bahri/Exhibition.htm

White men can like big butts and white women can have big butts. DH LOVES my big butt and we are both white. I am a proud Whootie!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I can never get enough *kitten*.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

No, pretty sure it's about the butts. ;)

Okay... fine... but its about little butts... not big butts! So therefore you were NOT being racist!