What do you LOVE about your gym?

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    that it's an extension of my family
    there are no mirrors, therefore no douches
    I bust out of my pre-concieved notions about myself.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants.

You are very very very correct.
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The staff is great, they always welcome me! And my trainer is hilarious!!! The zumba classes are great too!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants.

OMGosh I love yoga pants too! We have so much in common :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options

3. I love that feeling of being a "regular" when you see the same people over and over and just nod and smile. It's like our own private club.

I love this too!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Eye candy, honestly.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    It's free and on the base I work at or there is a nicer one on the base next to mine.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Kiehls shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion AND they have razors right by the showers. -- I havent had to buy shampoo in like a month! HAHA
    2 blocks from my office
    They keep the doors open to the upstairs balconies so you can work out outside - and its one block from the beach, so always nice & breezy & good view
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Kiehls shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion AND they have razors right by the showers. -- I havent had to buy shampoo in like a month! HAHA
    2 blocks from my office
    They keep the doors open to the upstairs balconies so you can work out outside - and its one block from the beach, so always nice & breezy & good view

Uhm...can I join? And I thought my place was posh cuz they have wooden doors on the bathroom stalls. *snort*
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am really jealous of all of you guys that have sauna / jaccuzi's at your gym. I guess you don't get that for $10 a month :P

I like that there are TVs on the equipment
    I like how close it is to my house
    I love that it's open 24hrs
    Seeing friends there occasionally is nice
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I kinda love everything about my gym. I'm a little spoiled (I go to Lifetime Fitness).

I love:

The steam room
    The yoga studio
    All the classes they offer (tonight is Cardio Kickboxing!)
    The amazing children's center that takes the kids to climb on the rock wall on Wednesdays!
    The multiple swimming pools
    The cafe
    The spa
    The fact that I NEVER have to wait for a piece of cardio equipment because they have about a million treadmills

AND they do birthday parties for kids---totally having my son's birthday party there in November, the kids can go swimming in the indoor pool with a water slide!

I go to Lifetime, too, and I love it for all the reasons you listed. Plus, my hot PT, so bonus!
  • brooklynsfinestballerina
    Options
    this is going to sound so bad but pretty much all the attention i get. i figure if all eyes are on me when i'm at the gym all sweaty and in work out clothes, with tons of fit girls around me, i must be doing something right.:blushing:
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Movie Room!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    the staff is #1. they put up with me. :)
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's ALL MINE - in my house i have a room dedicated to my fitness equipment (a treadmill, spinning bike and elliptical) or the great outdoors.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    1. Love that it has convenient hrs...and it is always nice cleaned...
    2. Been there about 9yrs so we are like family...everyone knows you and can tell when you are MIA so you get called out...
    3. Love that soon I will be a Group Power Instructor...Excited
    4. Glad to walk in and see my story on the wall as success after trying it so many time....
    5. The staff helps, and the trainers are cute and will answer any question...
    6. I spend 80% of my journey here in THAT GYM...and it has finally paid off...So I LOVE my gym...
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I clearly need to get out more :(

I go to the YMCA - no frills. Still love it though.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1. The HOT showers. Our water doesn't get hot where I live.
    2. It's just a few minutes bike ride from where I work and live (university campus). Very convenient.
    3. Cheap $20/month fee
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only fat girl there!

I do a step class every wednesday and the instructor is AWESOME and is encouraging and supportive of my goals... she knows everyone in class by name and makes the new people feel welcomed
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is is at my home!! No X-Q-S not to grind!!