Really need tips to not suck at running

Options
13»

Replies

• timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    C25K is based on 3 days a week. You should really go for every other day and recover in between. By doing this you give your body time to recover and adapt, which allows you to get the most out of each run (i.e. running overly tired/sore generally means the workout is not a high of quality as it could be.) To avoid injury as your muscles and bones adapt, if you want to put in a workout on other days, cross train with something low impact at an easy effort level (biking, eclliptical, or just plain walking.) In any case, keep at least one day of complete rest.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So I just started running last week, I am 5'2, so we are almost the same height, but I weigh about 20 pounds more than you. I have found that if I am going to eat I need to do it at least 2 hours before I run because I start to feel really sick on the run and need to sit down. I also downloaded this app called runkeeper, its really cool, it measures how far you have gone and how long it took you. Its a great way to see my progress. I used to be too embarrassed to go outside and run because I felt like everyone would be looking at me, but then when I went and did it no one was. I like running so far, I usually only go for about 20 minutes though. Its a quick way to get in a decent workout when you have a busy day!