What is Your Best Kept Fat/Calorie-Blasting Exercise??

Options
13»

Replies

• Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The insanity cardio workouts are only around 400 minutes long and blast RIDICULOUS amounts of calories. You don't have to do insanity the full program, you can just work some of the cardio routines into your workout.
    I agree:)
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My Best Kept Fat/Calorie-Blasting Exercise : PLYOMETRICS :devil:
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I vary my workouts...Step, kick boxing, circuits and weight lifting... when I lift weights I work in the TRX and kettle bells and they absolutely blast my heart rate up and hold it there!!!!!! Don't forget this kind if weight training as that is what enables you to burn calories in a rested state!!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Intervals of fast rope jumping and burpees. 45 secs of rope, 15 secs rest, 45 secs burpees, 15 secs rest, 45 rope, 15 rest, 45 burpees, 15 rest.....I do that for a total of 20 mins. Murderous calorie burn that keeps my metabolism going for hours.
  • Natashia524
    Natashia524 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Running. But, I think 90% of this is diet.

Yeah I've heard that it's 80% diet and 20% workout. That was quite shocking to me when I learned about it but I am a witness that it's true. I lost most of my weight while on crutches after a knee surgery. Changing my food intake was definitely the key to jumpstart it all!!

What did you change about your food? How much did you lose and how long did it take? I'm just curious. I'm getting in a routine for working out but I'm having trouble with the food. Thanks

I've been slacking lately but at one point I completely cut out fried foods and sugary drinks. Now, I eat smaller portions, I pack my lunch with lots of snacks to munch on throughout the day, and I've tried to do more meatless meals (or fish instead of the heavier meats).
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

LOL. Is that even still around??

Oh hell yeah.....Billy Blanks keeping it strong.

I love Tae Bo. Sweat is pouring off of me when I'm done.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Martial Arts sparring. 3 rounds just about wipes me out! The days where we have done 5 rounds, I have walked out 10 lbs lighter!

My weight is now close to what it should be so no more big changes like this but a 5x 3 min sparring class is still the hardest workout I do.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Running. But, I think 90% of this is diet.

Yeah I've heard that it's 80% diet and 20% workout. That was quite shocking to me when I learned about it but I am a witness that it's true. I lost most of my weight while on crutches after a knee surgery. Changing my food intake was definitely the key to jumpstart it all!!
    The only time this is not true is if we have the luxury of being able to workout all day. Then the scales would be tipped. But, for most of us it is all mostly diet. For the time we have to exercise the exercise we do really has to count adn be as efficient as possible. Cardio and compound movements. Its not the only way but it is what has worked for me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting in a circuit. I can be in and out of the gym in 30 minutes and be completely wiped out and walking on jelly legs.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The insanity cardio workouts are only around 400 minutes long and blast RIDICULOUS amounts of calories. You don't have to do insanity the full program, you can just work some of the cardio routines into your workout.

I refuse to do 400 minutes of cardio.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Its called getting of the damn couch.
  • alleycat08
    alleycat08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I think she meant 40! I agree insanity burns an insane amount of calories.
    Elliptical trainers at efficient too! You can easily burn a couple hundred calories in a short amount of time. I don't think it's really bad on knees either.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Running 8-9 miles at my lucn hour 5-6 days a week burns about 1300 cal. And I look forward to it and enjoy it.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options

lol typo, obviously. 40 minutes