Would you wear this swimming suit

Options

Replies

• theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Although you're looking great, I would opt for a tankini. I went to Hawaii a year ago and found some rather cute tankinis at Kohls. They're not just for grandmas anymore!
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that you look good in your bikini and I say ROCK IT!!! You have worked hard to get where you are now. Show off what you have accomplished :)
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I would not, because of the top. It is too skimpy and does not offer enough support. Your boobs looks saggy.

Find a top with more support and rock it!
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options
    I probably would, but triangle tops and my boobs really don't work.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't be comfortable... but I've never worn a bikini in my life and I'm not sure I'd have the confidence at any weight...

but I've seen girls bigger than you wear bikinis and I don't think anything of it... so if you feel comfortable / confident, I'd say go for it.

Ditto!! Go for it if you are comfortable!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think you have the figure to wear a two piece. Maybe not that one because of the lack of support in the chest. I wish I had the confidence to wear a two piece, but I am way too critical of my body to do it.
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    Honestly, no.

I don't think it's very flattering and you could find something that suits you a lot more. Ditch the shorts and find a pair of bikini bottoms that suit you and I agree you need more support in the top.

Good luck!
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, but I think a top with a little more support would be a good idea. Congrats to you, even when I lose the weight I'm not sure I'll be able to do a bikini!
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    You just posted it for the world to see on the internet, why would the beach or pool be different? ;)

this^^

and what do you mean at your size? rock it girl!
    and as for the boob comments, it's hard for us girls to find supportive bikini tops! I go for the same halter-type but with thicker straps so they have a stronger hold on the girls! :)
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you will look back when you are 60, will you regret not wearing it or not? Or will you feel better next summer after you have lost more? I would agree with more support and the tankini suggestions. I think a tankini with underwire and regular or slightly higher bikini bottoms would suit you better. Will you feel more self conscious tugging to keep it on or sticking out if if everyone else has on bikinis? Did you try on any tankinis? Did they suit you? I had a stroke and cannot walk barefoot without a brace or my ankle turns over. So I cannot go to the beach for fear of getting sand in the brace. I was 42- did not expect to become disabled at that age . If something like that happened and going to a vacation at the beach sounded like a very distant prospect would you regret not having worn it?
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yep! Looks awesome!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear it but I have very delicate coloring.

You on the other hand look great in it and should definitely wear it.
  • irishkrissie
    irishkrissie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I have never been confidant enough to wear one, but then again I've been over 190 my entire adult life... I will tell you, though- the minute that scale hits 179, I don't care what anyone thinks, I'll be rocking mine, too!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I would actually recommend you have a string bottome also. They are more complementary then you would think.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I personally would not, but I've never been one to have either my breasts or my tummy showing. I prefer to cover them in a suit that leaves more to the imagination (because my real is a whole lot of scary after having five kids). :blushing: If you feel comfortable in your skin, then go for it! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would prefer a more supportive top - perhaps more of a halter style. I couldn't see the bottoms so I can't comment. I'm too shy to wear a bikini myself, but if you've got the confidence, go for it! :flowerforyou:

ETA: I guess that is already a halter, so I will edit to say I would go for a more supportive halter. Less of a string and more of an underwire.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You were blessed with a bigger bust (I don't have that problem!) and could use a little more support on top. Other than that, you're definitely ready for a 2 piece!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OP, I definitely think you can rock a bikini, just not THAT bikini. Sorry, but that top is just awful. It does nothing for your boobs and makes them look saggy. Maybe try something with more support, like an underwire halter top? You have a nice body, but that top just doesn't do anything for it.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I would if I looked like you! I've realized life's too short to "wait until", and I've done that a lot. So go camping, have fun, get some sun (safely) and enjoy!
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've alway's thought that women not in their 20's have a hard time pulling of a bikini, especially if you've had children. Nothing agaisnt you, you've worked hard so if you feel comfortable go for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!