First day on myfitnesspal today! Lesbian friendly?

Options
I'm finally in the perfect place in my life to tackle my weight issues and make a serious lifestyle change!

I need all the support I can get on my journey to lose 100 lbs!

Please read my profile and if you think we have similar goals and could help each other, please request me!

I'd like to maybe have a small group of no more than 25 friends so that I can really focus on giving you all support, encouragement, motivating messages, etc. Quality, not quantity :)

Thank you for reading :)

Peace&Love,
SFgrrl99

Replies

• rachelrobinson79
    Options
    Hi San Fran Girl,

I dunno, I just got on here too! So welcome and I wish you all the best in your journey!

Rachel
  • hollyelee
    hollyelee Posts: 18
    Options
    First day here. My current goal is 67 lbs. so I'd be an even 200 lbs! But after that I want to keep losing weight!
  • sfgrrl99
    sfgrrl99 Posts: 4
    Options
    I meant to say.... Lesbian friendly friends? but the topic line wasn't long enough :)
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sfgrrl99 :D On MFP there is even a LBGT group With many different posters :)
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a lesbian with 100+ to lose. Feel free to friend me :-)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I like opera, the outdoors, AND lesbians! Though I won't be offended if you get better offers. :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep..friendly to everybody. It's a great site..good luck on your journey!
  • purtydaisy
    purtydaisy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm fairly new to MFP, and I'm a lesbian too. Feel free to add me.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    I meant to say.... Lesbian friendly friends? but the topic line wasn't long enough :)
    Does is matter that you're a lesbian? You want to improve your health, that's why we're here. Welcome
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Lesbian friendly!?! Really? Why do you automatically assume that people are going to discriminate against you? This is a weight loss and fitness forum,why would anyone even care about your gayness, anyways? Why even mention it?
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best wishes on your weight-loss journey!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter your sexuality?! :indifferent:
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You know what is great about this site.... it's friendly to everyone and anyone who is interested in living healthier and who wants to support each other. Just enjoy the journey.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Lesbian friendly!?! Really? Why do you automatically assume that people are going to discriminate against you? This is a weight loss and fitness forum,why would anyone even care about your gayness, anyways? Why even mention it?
    You obviously haven't seen the pure hatred towards gays and lesbians that has appeared on this forum. It was a big thing a while back. Very vile things.
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Judging by your profile, we have a lot of similar interests! :-)
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Does is matter that you're a lesbian? You want to improve your health, that's why we're here. Welcome

Yeah,no worries, this is about doing something good for you, and nothing else, welcome.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Because people do care, quite often, unfortunately. Because for many people, their sexuality is a huge part of their identity. Because sometimes it's easier to talk to other people who share the big things in common with you.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There's a GLBTQI group on here; I'm in it. Nice to meet you; sent you a friend request. <3

Yeah, being gay is hard, but you should see the looks/disgustedness that I get when I say I was born female, but live as male now. OMIGOD, it's like I tell people the world is ending. [It also makes it awkward for me to tell a man he's handsome, even though I'm pansexual. They see the male on my profile, and FLIP OUT!!]
  • superstankazz
    Options
    You obviously haven't seen the pure hatred towards gays and lesbians that has appeared on this forum. It was a big thing a while back. Very vile things.
    WAAAAHH!:sad:
    I see tons of hateful **** on these forums directed at every possible lifestyle, personality, gender, and size! I'm a low carber, myself and I can promise you that NO ONE is hated on here more than low carbers! Is MFP low carb friendly?????????