I found No calorie peanut butter

Options
Walden Farms makes it and it is completely DISGUSTING! Don't try it or waste your money. :) Just an FYI.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a lover of pb - I am thoroughly disappointed. I thought you were on to something! Thanks for the info!:cry:
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Uhm...wtf would you put in peanut butter that could = NO CALORIES? I mean, it should at least have peanuts in it...and last I checked they had calories. If I saw something like that on the shelf I'd worry I was going to go radioactive or something after eating it. No telling how they make "peanut tasting air"...
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for the warning! As I was reading the title I thought "hmm.. but it must taste disgusting" and that's exactly what you said :p
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that crap shouldn't even be classified as food.

Ingredients: Purified water, vegetable fiber, sea salt, corn starch, xanthan gum, natural roasted peanut flavor, natural peanut extract, lactic acid, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) sucralose, FD&C yellow no. 5, 6.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Just threw up a little in my mouth!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

snicker.....:laugh:
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Me too! *shudder*
    I'll retract my previous statement, however...it's not peanut flavored air...it's water with peanut essence.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes it and it is completely DISGUSTING! Don't try it or waste your money. :) Just an FYI.

before I even opend this link I said to myself..."I bet it's disguting" I click the link and wala...I read: "It is completely DISGUSTING!"

bleh
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It is really bad but Walden Farms offers a money back guarantee on all their products, just call customer serivce.

I purchased the peanut butter and got my money back along with a coupon for any Walden Farms product for free. I tried the no calorie caramel sauce and it is delicious.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Those ingredients you listed aren't far off from regular peanut butter like Jif or Peter Pan. I'd try it :P
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    it is horrible!!! their other products are amazing though. Try their Pancake syrup... soo good.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms also makes some 0 Calorie salad dressings that are pretty good. I've seen their "peanut butter," but since it has absolutely no nutritive value, I decided not to try it. Glad, now, that I didn't!
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the FYI - I tried Better'n Peanut Butter last night, yes it has 1/2 the calories, but blah on taste. I'm probably spoiled by the natural peanut butter for life, I just can't stomach the light stuff. I do plan to try PB2 though because I love PB and want to have some as a regular food choice. Have you tried that one yet?
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found their peanut butter and thought I had struck gold. Not so much. The texture is weirdly gelatin like, and the flavor is off. I don't have very discerning tastes (I can't even tell the difference between diet and regular pops) but this stuff is gross.

I will agree though, Walden Farms does make some passable stuff. Their salad dressings are pretty good (I've tried the Ranch and the Bacon). They're nothing spectacular, but for being so low in calories, I like them.

Their caramel dip is also good. The texture is *quite* like regular caramel, but the taste is okay. Its a great dip for apples.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options

you just crushed my hopes and dreams lol
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THE INFO!!! I've seen that at walmart a few times and wondered... Now I know I'll just keep sticking to my pb2! Infact I think I'll make me a pb2 and sugar free grape jelly sandwich today lol! Or maybe some chocolate pb2 on toast to remind me of nutella!!! lol Thanks again have an awesome day!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The BBQ sauce walden farms makes is pretty gross too
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

zero calories? What's it made of, cardboard lmao!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw the topic...:(. I haven't been impressed with Walden Farms' no calories stuff. I tried one of their salad dressings and gagged it was so gross.

PB2 is awesome. My sister used it in low-fat cupcakes and it was ahh-mazing.
  • kehxx9
    kehxx9 Posts: 1
    Options
    That sounded aweful!

Thanks for the $ back info and about the carmel!