I found No calorie peanut butter

Options

Replies

• jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    "trainguy" you must be french, I keep reading about all their yummy food and small waistlines and I just think they eat very few forkfuls not like my volume eating, it must be all that french speaking that keeps their lips busy :sad:
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the walden farms 0 calorie chocolate syrup aint bad tho.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    with this approach you could make no calorie anything.
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Now I know I'll just keep sticking to my pb2! Infact I think I'll make me a pb2 and sugar free grape jelly sandwich today lol! Or maybe some chocolate pb2 on toast to remind me of nutella!!!

Totally agree. PB2 and PB2 with chocolate are awesome!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I was once fooled by Walden Farms Peanut Butter too. At the same time, I also bought a couple of the dressings. I have not yet found anything of theirs that remotely tastes good. I ended up making doggie treats out of the PB, and the doggie that I made them for wouldn't eat them either! He just sniffed them and looked at me with a WTF B1TCH?? look.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    OP, you made my heart beat a little faster with your topic title.... and then it came crashing down with your review. <sigh> Thanks for the heads up. I've got suckered into their salad dressings more than once so now I know to steer clear of this mess.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love my peanut butter! No subs here!! :noway:
    Plus so many healthy benefits with nuts.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by how a solid food could possibly have zero calories. Is this even scientifically possible?

Walden Farms products do technically have some calories. Per FDA regulations companies are allowed to label product as 0 calories if the number is below 4 (or 5) I believe.

I haven't tried the peanut spread, so I can't comment on that. But I have some WF products that I do love (Bacon Ranch dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing, Hickory Smoked BBQ sauce, syrups (pancake, strawberry, caramel), Garlic & Herb Sauce). Some I've tried I hated (mayonnaise, Ranch dressing). My take on using WF products is this, I get my nutrition and calories from the main foods I eat. If I can save some calories on the condiments and have more of the food, then I'm going that route.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Lol I bought that stuff before.. yes it is nasty.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love calorie dense Peanut Butter. Mmmmmm.
  • tommytorquestick
    Options
    If you found peanut butter that didn't contain calories AND tasted good it would be a major diccovery! :wink:
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to eat no calorie food? It can't actually be food at some point if there is no calories.

You can stuff yourself full of chemicals and garbage and not eat any calories, but are you going to be healthy? Is your body going to thank you?

I don't get it.

Wouldn't it be better to eat real food and just watch yourself?
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ick. I kind of regret reading through these responses. I feel a little sick because it's making me think back to when I tasted this "peanut spread" and their raspberry vin. dressing.
  • LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have to join the camp that likes the PB2. It is NOT the same as regular full fat peanut butter but it is good. I have made some up and used it for a sandwich but since I so seldom have a PB&J sandwich..I rather use the real thing. The PB2 though is awesome to use in cooking and baking and to add in protein shakes.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It is really bad but Walden Farms offers a money back guarantee on all their products, just call customer serivce.

I purchased the peanut butter and got my money back along with a coupon for any Walden Farms product for free. I tried the no calorie caramel sauce and it is delicious.

Wow! Thanks for the info. Not a waste of $3 after all. I wouldn't have bought it if it was more than $4, but since the price wasn't to bad I thought it would be worth a shot. After all I absolutely love PB2!! And 45 calories are way better than 180-210, but hey if you could get zero.....why not?? Lol.
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    Thanks for the FYI - I tried Better'n Peanut Butter last night, yes it has 1/2 the calories, but blah on taste. I'm probably spoiled by the natural peanut butter for life, I just can't stomach the light stuff. I do plan to try PB2 though because I love PB and want to have some as a regular food choice. Have you tried that one yet?

Yes I love PB2. I was actually looking for it at Walmart when I came across this, but I guess they,at least mine, dont carry it. Once again.. Worth the shot but didn't pass. Lol!
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    What aisle is this stuff located in at Wally World? Is it in a health food aisle or alongside the real products it is trying to fake?

Edit: Do you like my profile pic? It's my cat, Edward, otherwise known as Little Mofo because of the M on his forehead. and cause he's evil.

It is in the condiment aisle with the othe spreads like nutella, ect.
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    really anything with 0 calories is NOT healthy..... it is not always about the calories, think about what you are putting into your body.... why would you want to put that type of stuff into your body?? I would rather have the calories in peanut butter than all that crap. Low calorie, low fat etc doesn't make it healthier or a better choice.

Thank you for you opinion on what I should eat. I remember asking for that in the original post. :)
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I saw it just a week ago. I'm glad I heard it was bad here before I decided to buy it!
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    Mr. Planters is crying in his hat over this post.
    Him and George Washington carver!