Heat vs Celtics --- Let the debate begin.....

Options
Mercenary1914
Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
Will the Heat win tonight? Why do you think they are struggling....

Bosh not playing enough minutes?
Role Players Suck?
Bad Coaching?
D Wade not showing up in First Half?
LeBron's fault?
Lack of Leadership?

I personally think these all played a role in Miami sucking....but D Wade's First Half play really makes me want to eat over my calories....

oh....Congrats to Thunder!

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    They are struggling because the Celtics play better as a team. The Heat have no answer for Rondo, and KG has been a monster this series(the entire playoffs actually). I really thought we were too banged up going into this series, I knew they had a chance, but not a big one. They proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

Boston will win and shock the world.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Celtics has great teamwork and Rondo has been killin it this series. Miami is the Pooh!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Yea the Celts are mos def playing better as a team....That pick and role with KG down the middle has been the truth...

I hate the Celtics...but man I wish Miami could play better as a team...Plus Celts role players are simply out playing Miami's Role players..

I dont think they can survive the youth of the Thunder though...
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Go Celtics! I agree, don't think they can survive against the Thunder, but if it had to be anyone else, glad it's OKC. Plus, it'll be cool to see Celts with Perk again. Well, not *with*, but you get what I'm saying.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Team chemistry and role players is the biggest factor in the Heat's struggles.

I do think the Heat vs. Thunder might be a better match up, but I'm not a Heat fan so I'm cheering for the Celtics.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Go Celtics! I agree, don't think they can survive against the Thunder, but if it had to be anyone else, glad it's OKC. Plus, it'll be cool to see Celts with Perk again. Well, not *with*, but you get what I'm saying.

I would like to see Perkins stick it to the Celts....

KG and Perkins are real tight...Would love to see them bang in the paint
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    idk about the thunder, Celts were supposed to get "steamrolled" by the Heat and they're on the verge of a finals berth.

OKC is a great team, but boston matches up well against them. It will be a good series, but of course they have to win 1 more game...
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Celtics has great teamwork and Rondo has been killin it this series. Miami is the Pooh!

I don't know if you saw the last game...but there was a play when rondo missed his layup..

Caught rebound and with his left hand and off balanced banked it off the backboard for a score....it was effortless
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    I feel the Heat's problem is a lack of ball movement. Every possession is the same, Lebron or Wade hold the ball and dribble before jacking up a shot or one pass and shot. They need more ball movement with pick and roll. They have the two best one on one players in the world but a good team that knows how to pass the ball effectively will always trump that. I have a hard time blaming the heat's role players as they don't touch the ball much at all. Kind of hard to do anything when you see the ball for a total of 5 seconds all game.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I dont think they can survive the youth of the Thunder though...

Thunder up!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I feel the Heat's problem is a lack of ball movement. Every possession is the same, Lebron or Wade hold the ball and dribble before jacking up a shot or one pass and shot. They need more ball movement with pick and roll. They have the two best one on one players in the world but a good team that knows how to pass the ball effectively will always trump that. I have a hard time blaming the heat's role players as they don't touch the ball much at all. Kind of hard to do anything when you see the ball for a total of 5 seconds all game.

I don't know they had some pretty good ball movement the last few games...Normally I would agree with that...but lately they have been moving the ball...Battie shot an Air Ball...and Miller is a liabilty in the paint....Celtics run a lot of 2-3 on Miami...and when LeBron slashes behind the zone with out the ball...he catches and gets an easy bucket...

but when he tries to dribble from the top of the 3pt line...the middle just caves on him...

Dwade...has just plain sucked in the first half...AND he has been doing that dribble dribble dribble and throw up a dud
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:

It will matter if Maimi turns this around and wins two in a row...They will go in to the Championship ready for OKC...

Celtics will lose in 6 games vs Thunder
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Will the Heat win tonight? Why do you think they are struggling....

Bosh not playing enough minutes?
    Role Players Suck?
    Bad Coaching?
    D Wade not showing up in First Half?
    LeBron's fault?
    Lack of Leadership?

I personally think these all played a role in Miami sucking....but D Wade's First Half play really makes me want to eat over my calories....

oh....Congrats to Thunder!

I think they all played a role also. Should have played Bosh on KG more.
    Lefraud needs to stop whining at every single "missed call". Rondo called them and you can totally see it, he whines or jumps up and down :laugh: meanwhile the Celtics have the ball and are moving down court setting up a play.

I think Spoelstra is getting out-coached.

Oh and yes congrats to the Thunder, I'm happy for D-Fish!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't been watching anything but the Thunder, I guess tonight I'll have to watch the heat and celtics so I can see what we'll be up against.
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options

I don't know they had some pretty good ball movement the last few games...Normally I would agree with that...but lately they have been moving the ball...Battie shot an Air Ball...and Miller is a liabilty in the paint....Celtics run a lot of 2-3 on Miami...and when LeBron slashes behind the zone with out the ball...he catches and gets an easy bucket...

but when he tries to dribble from the top of the 3pt line...the middle just caves on him...

Dwade...has just plain sucked in the first half...AND he has been doing that dribble dribble dribble and throw up a dud

They go through spurts of good ball movement but not nearly consistent enough and that is why their half court offense can be nearly non-exisitent at times. Wade has been pretty bad overall, with his first halves being just terrible.

Either way, the Thunder will win the championship. The western conference finals was probably the finals of this year. Boston can't hang with them unless Westbrook decides to turn it into a one-on-one match up with Rondo. Miami doesn't close down the stretch like OKC does.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Lefraud needs to stop whining at every single "missed call". Rondo called them and you can totally see it, he whines or jumps up and down

HECK YEA....I saw a heck of a lot of plays in Game 5 where LeBron and Dwade were not hustling back on defense afer a missed shot...They were really whining too damn much

I meant to mention that ....

It makes me want to punch my T.V.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So excited for the game tonight! Definitely a Celtics fan!

And like others, I would love to see a match up in the Finals between the Cs and Kendrick Perkins!

The Celtics have really come through in the postseason - their age isn't showing at all ;-)
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

They go through spurts of good ball movement but not nearly consistent enough and that is why their half court offense can be nearly non-exisitent at times. Wade has been pretty bad overall, with his first halves being just terrible.

Either way, the Thunder will win the championship. The western conference finals was probably the finals of this year. Boston can't hang with them unless Westbrook decides to turn it into a one-on-one match up with Rondo. Miami doesn't close down the stretch like OKC does.

so who you think wins more Championships? Miami or OKC after it's all said and done?

I am starting to think OKC will win more than Miami...IF Miami can even close out ONE year.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am a BOSTON sports fan. So Celtics are obviously the best!!:tongue: