Heat vs Celtics --- Let the debate begin.....

Options

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Celtics alll day long. You cant buy great players and expect to build champions. Celtics is a brotherhood :) team green POW

you guys forget Pierce was there alone ...and couldnt get it done

Ray Allen and KG was added to make the first big three

Let's not forget they started the whole team up nonsense
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jesus Shuttlesworth fan so I'm definitely pulling for the C's but you can see the plays are totally broken for Miami. It's almost as if it's a one man or two man show and everybody else clear out. Can't win games that way, plus there is a serious disconnect from the players and coach Spo. Doc is the ultimate coach and draws the perfect plays for the perfect time. The C's are resilent while the Heat are well crybabies. I have confidence the series will close tonight.

Jesus Shuttlesworth looks like he is as old as Jesus out there on the court....

You are soooo WRONG! LOL He has been a factor in this series so stop it! I have respect for the vets and especially him. This is really the first time in his career that he has battled injuries so to see him even be able to make key shots here and there is great. Haven't you heard - He Got Game! LOL

Oh yea...I heard of and Seen He Got Game...Many times...Ray Allen is the truth ...so is Momma Allen

But man he sometimes he is late getting up the courth...He needs a wheelchair...he can still shoot the three though

LOL you are killing me! Hahahaha! The Truth is just as slow getting up the court but I blame both of their sluggish ways on injuiries. Ray is one of the better conditioned athletes there are. He's not known for his D so really all I need him to do is continue being an assasin at the line and on the perimeter. But like I said before he has totally been a factor in this series even if the stats don't reflect that. Now stop it with the digs on Jesus! LOL
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Rondo is definitely killing it! I always root for the underdogs...and not a big james, wade, bosh fan.

bosh doesn't even have a chin! has anyone else noticed that? lol

Wait a minute...I am going to go look!

Chris-Bosh.jpg&h=300&w=600&zc=1

Bwahahahaha!

ROTFL too much
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Celtics alll day long. You cant buy great players and expect to build champions. Celtics is a brotherhood :) team green POW

Yeah but I don't think it's exactly the same thing as what happened with the Heat. KG/Allen both stayed with their old teams for a long time, throughout their prime years.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Come on people, you don't know what you are talking about. THE HEAT IS THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF BASKETBALL TALENT EVERY!!!! The only team that would even give them a run is a collection of the the best of the rest of the NBA.

They are so great they had their championship parade before the season started last year.

Go Celtics (for tonight).

I think Labron knew what he was talking about when he said "not 1 championship..."
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:

Gotta love it!! FR sent
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Yeah but I don't think it's exactly the same thing as what happened with the Heat. KG/Allen both stayed with their old teams for a long time, throughout their prime years.

That may be true...I say the emergences of Rondo plays a bigger role...It's almost like it's a Big 4 not a big 3.....

If Miami had a Steve Nash this year...This serious isnt the same

Celts playing with 4 Good to great players
    Miami just playing with 2 great players.

4 > 2
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

Give Ainge credit for that - he used his assets and traded for them. Really different from how Miami did it.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:

^^^^^ This

THUNDER UP !!!!!!

:bigsmile:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Will the Heat win tonight? Why do you think they are struggling....

Bosh not playing enough minutes?
    Role Players Suck?
    Bad Coaching?
    D Wade not showing up in First Half?
    LeBron's fault?
    Lack of Leadership?

I personally think these all played a role in Miami sucking....but D Wade's First Half play really makes me want to eat over my calories....

oh....Congrats to Thunder!

Bosh not playing enough minutes can't really be a factor since he's been injured. He wasn't really available to play. And even though he scored when he was in the other night, his defense was #### . Bosh being injured is a big factor because it makes LeBron play out of position and they have no real threat on the "roll" part of the pick n' roll. It probably would be a different series if Bosh was able to play.

The Miami role players don't necessarily suck. Chalmers, Miller and Haslem have all played pretty well. But I do think that the Celtics' role players are better. Miami may have the best 2 players on the court, but the Celtics probably have the next 4 best players in Rondo, Pierce, KG and Allen. Also, in game 3, the Celtics went a little deeper in their bench because of foul trouble and found a couple players to give quality minutes. Ray Allen was hurt these playoffs, but over the last few games, he seems to be moving a lot better and shooting much better too.

I think it may be too easy to lay this at the feet of Coach Spolstra, but Doc certainly is the better of the two. it's not like he can force D-Wade to show up in the first half. It's not like he can turn someone into a guy who can cover Rondo.

As much as I don't like LeBron, I can't blame him. He's averaging what? 32 points in the playoffs? He's playing all different positions, sometimes all of them in one game. I think the Celtics have pretty much said "Let LeBron do whatever, and we will shut down these other guys" and it has worked, for the most part. I mean, he still gets double teamed, but the Celtics are playing pretty good defense on the other guys.

It's hard to comment on the "lack of leadership" because it's an ambiguous factor. Who leads and how? Just because someone isn't screaming all the time doesn't mean that he's not a leader in a different way.

I think if the Celtics are to win this series, they have to tonight at home. If they give this game away, the Heat will be tough to beat in their own building in a Game 7.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Don't forget the 03/04 Lakers when they brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Still had Shaq and Kobe.
    Great regular season but failed miserably in the finals.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Give Ainge credit for that - he used his assets and traded for them. Really different from how Miami did it.

Exactly!

I like Boston tonight, Lebron has never showed a whole lot of resiliency and he and Chalmers can't get it done alone. I think the Miami PD are still scouring the clubs of South beach to try to find where DWade and the bench dissappeared to after Game 1.

I also haven't written off the Celtics against the Thunder either. The Thunder have yet to match up against a D as good as the Celtics and their inflated Offensive numbers probably won't continue if the C's come out of the East.

I would love to see KG vs Perk battle it out. I'd set the O/U for technicals between those two in a potential series at 5.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am a Celtics fan and personally, I thought the Sixers were going to beat them out, but when they didn't I then thought that the Heat would definitely sweep them. I admit, the Celtics are an older team and a bit banged up, so why the wins:

First, as far as a team, the Celtics play better. The Heat play a 3 man game (James, Wade, BosH) and occasionally they will rely on Miller, Mario, or Udonis to pitch in. THe "Big 3" egos are too big and they refuse to share the glory of winning, they want it all tothemselves, but now they also have to take all the blame for losing.

Doc Rivers is a monster of a coach, that man has put time and effort into his team while the Heat coach is still young and getting used to the team (I use that term loosely, I mean Wade, James, and Bosh). It just seems like the Celtics are coachable while th Heat tend to coach themselves based on whatever the "Big 3" want to do.

The Celtics are confident and really think that they can win, while the Heat are choke artist.

I take nothing from the "Big3" as far as talent is concerned because I think they are great players (well Bosh is softer than tissue paper, but that's another topic), but 3 men will never beat out a full team effort no matter how much they try.. The Heat rely too heavily on the "Big 3" scoring massive amounts of points, while the Celtics rely on many players to score smaller amounts of points. Ronder, Pierce, and Allen were all low scores in Game 5, but KG and the rest of the team pitched in for the win.

Bottom line: Celtics could easiy win this series but OKC is gonna work whatever team comes thier way.

And that's my spiel on the situtation
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Rondo is definitely killing it! I always root for the underdogs...and not a big james, wade, bosh fan.

bosh doesn't even have a chin! has anyone else noticed that? lol

Wait a minute...I am going to go look!

Chris-Bosh.jpg&h=300&w=600&zc=1

Bwahahahaha!

ROTFL too much

LMAO softer than tissue paper I tell ya
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Miami-Heat-Meme-They-Said-The-Heat-Would-Sweep-us.jpg

tumblr_m4mb6850AX1rs5ngxo1_1280.jpg

frabz-GUess-who-got-a-ring-before-lebron-lol-888d88.jpg

I had to! :laugh:
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Miami-Heat-Meme-They-Said-The-Heat-Would-Sweep-us.jpg

tumblr_m4mb6850AX1rs5ngxo1_1280.jpg

frabz-GUess-who-got-a-ring-before-lebron-lol-888d88.jpg

I had to! :laugh:

I so love you right now...

Awesome Post!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    How can some of you CELTICS fans come here and say NO debate

Didnt say that ish last year?

I still think the Heat can do this!

Watch tonight!

that was before Wade took Rondo out. I fully expect another cheap shot taken by wade tonight if this game quickly gets out of hand
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

that was before Wade took Rondo out. I fully expect another cheap shot taken by wade tonight if this game quickly gets out of hand

I didn't realize how dirty of a player Wade is until the All Star game this year when he hard fouled Kobe. Now I can't believe i didn't notice it before.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    How can some of you CELTICS fans come here and say NO debate

Didnt say that ish last year?

I still think the Heat can do this!

Watch tonight!

you could be on to something....I saw a play in game 5 where wade tride to throw up a ridiculous off balance jumper...he missed and wanted the call..didn't get the call...and immediately ran over to KG and swiped his elbow...and got called for a foul...

I hate those frustration fouls
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

I didn't realize how dirty of a player Wade is until the All Star game this year when he hard fouled Kobe. Now I can't believe i didn't notice it before.

KG is a dirty player...but it's funny how he gets a pass because you expect him to be like that...