Michigan

Options

Replies

• SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Detroit area originally, but now I live in Howell. I workout at home. I have a 16 month old baby, so getting out to go to the gym or getting outside (I'm not much of a runner, so I already lack incentive for that) is too much of a deterrent. I did Turbo Jam and am now certified to teach Turbo Kick, so once my class gets rolling that will be my "get out" exercise. =)
  • snemeth0629
    Options
    Sterling Heights--Thanks to the mild winter this past year, I ran outside all winter long. About once a week or every other week, but still got out there. I even ran a 5K in December :-) I have an elliptical in my basement and lots of workout DVDs. That's what I do through the winter.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Middle of the mitt here! I use my treadmill and/or exercise bike
  • xoFABULOUSxo
    Options
    I'm in Macomb. I bought a kettle bell and a workout DVD - works great when you get snowed in!
  • johnny_66
    johnny_66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    flint, michigan here. it's easy to get exercize when dodging bullets.

actually, i prefer winter. i detest the sound of mosquitos buzzing in my ears.

^^^^^This made me laugh......Canton Mi here. I"ll join a gym this winter.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

LMAO! I lived in Flint from 2000 until 2010...it's not quite THAT bad. :laugh: As long as you stay in the right parts of town. :tongue:
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love that Traverse City has the TART trail and other recreation places but its hard when I'm working at a desk all day to get to them. I work a block from what is called the Civic Center and they have a mile track that goes around and its beautiful to walk
    but gets crowded on the lunch hour. And I HATE sweating at my desk for the rest of the afternoon. I have short hair so I can't just throw it up either. Ack! LOL

I am going to take my girls out as much as I can this summer. My 7 year old loves to ride her bike. Our subdivision where we just bought our house is great for that. . . .but people drive so fast. I am seriously going to put a sign in my yard that says: Speed limit 25; if you hit my kid you wont need a lawyer! Ironically, I work for a lawfirm. :D

I tried on new jeans last night because my current ones kept falling off . . . I dropped down 2 pant sizes in 7 weeks doing P90X. I feel awesome and am hoping the weight numbers start dropping soon.

Cathy . . . do you go to the track in Kalkaska?
  • Cathy7794
    Options
    I love that Traverse City has the TART trail and other recreation places but its hard when I'm working at a desk all day to get to them. I work a block from what is called the Civic Center and they have a mile track that goes around and its beautiful to walk
    but gets crowded on the lunch hour. And I HATE sweating at my desk for the rest of the afternoon. I have short hair so I can't just throw it up either. Ack! LOL

I am going to take my girls out as much as I can this summer. My 7 year old loves to ride her bike. Our subdivision where we just bought our house is great for that. . . .but people drive so fast. I am seriously going to put a sign in my yard that says: Speed limit 25; if you hit my kid you wont need a lawyer! Ironically, I work for a lawfirm. :D

I tried on new jeans last night because my current ones kept falling off . . . I dropped down 2 pant sizes in 7 weeks doing P90X. I feel awesome and am hoping the weight numbers start dropping soon.

I've driven past the Civic Center in the summer time when that place is soooo full of people, it's crazy. Traverse is such a fitness crazed town though. lol I walk the track here occasionally. We have a membership at the Kaliseum, so I use the gym there for lifting and get my cardio inside in either the roller skating rink or the pool. I'd much rather do those than walk. :happy:

Congrats on dropping the 2 pants sizes! That's awesome! :drinker:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    South West portion of the mitten!

Live right by the city walking trails which is awesome but I'm a huge Jillian Michaels person.
    Her dvds & style keep me on my toes and I love it

Sidenote: Flint and Detroit scare the crap outta me LOL
    Traverse City is gorgeous!! Especially loved going there in the fall with all the colors
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Great job! I'm in Howell & lived in MI all my life. If you have access to an indoor pool in the winter that is a fantastic day for calorie burn and fun with your 7 yr old. Good luck as you keep going! :happy:
  • JediSwan
    Options
    The Kaliseum in Kalkaska has an indoor pool but I'm not sure on the times they have it open for public use.
    I am gonna check into that in the fall.
  • ibrake4java
    ibrake4java Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I had to laugh at this one. Originally from Royal Oak, moved to Lapeer, moved south in high school and now live in Memphis. It's easier to exercise in the winters down here but brutal for outside activities from late June through mid-September.
  • Cathy7794
    Options
    The Kaliseum in Kalkaska has an indoor pool but I'm not sure on the times they have it open for public use.
    I am gonna check into that in the fall.
    It varies from day to day, but they post a weekly schedule on their website. :)

http://www.kaliseum.com/content/index.php?q=pool
  • NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    Just outside Bay City. I just recently because an exercise person, so I can't really speak for being motivated in the winter. Hopefully I'll have an exercise habit by then and I'll get creative to find ways! :) There are some really nice walking trails around here that I hope to enjoy thoroughly this summer/fall.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    The last few days have been really hot. I am contemplating moving to Canada! LOL I love the snow and winter and the cold.
    So I will never live in Florida. Doing my workout in the morning in my living room with AC is nice. Its hard when the 1 year old gets up though. LOL
  • danni1973
    danni1973 Posts: 4
    Options
    Kalamazoo, MI here, just starting my workouts and eatting right. but this winter I plan on doing 30 day shred or insanity( if im ready for it lol)

Love michigan winters, I like how its not always the same every year. ( this past winter was great )
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Flint here. Our motto is: Our hookers can beat up your hookers!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yup Im form Michigan...orginally from Detroit now Im in the burbs!!!! Im thinking of getting a treadmill, Imreally into running now and I know once the snow and ice hit I wont be able to do so...
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm from metro Detroit. I moved to Dallas almost 4 years ago. I get homesick every time those Pure Michigan commercials play here.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Edwardsburg (Southwest), my husband is from Owosso (between Lansing & Flint) -- we met at college in Marquette, and now we live in Ironwood/Bessemer, which is the furthest West you can get in the Upper Peninsula.

We're kind of from all over the place :-)