help! i like beer too much!

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Unfortunately alcohol is pretty calorific.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    I have the same problem (esp. dark, malty beers). I'm trying to learn to like vodka and soda w/ lime (I don't do diet sodas, so they aren't an option, and I like good beer too much to drink the low-cal versions). Often I end up just drinking water, which isn't as much fun but leaves me feeling much better the next day. Maybe water with lime in it, and pretend it's vodka? :-)
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    I don't want to sound like too big of a drunk, as my prior post about alcohol did get quite a bit of responses, but lower calorie options also have lower alcohol content. MGD 64 is 2.8% alcohol. So if you want to get drunk, you will need to drink more of those, thus still getting the calories. Or even tipsey. I mean, that's even lower than the amount that my state can sell in grocery stores and on sundays (3.2, yes I live in a weird state...so we drive to WI). Miller Lite is 94 calories while Coors light is 104, so of those two "crappy" beers, I'd go for the Miller Lite. I hear ya on liking beer too much!!
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member

That's funny, you seem like more of a Coors guy....

LOL what would make me seem like a Coors guy? I love my Microbrews...maybe too much.

....Coors slogan is the Silver Bullet.

are you at least a Bob Seger fan?

LOL..Never thought of that. Isnt everyone a Bob Seger fan.

SilverBullet came from a Silver Honda ST1300 motorcyle I rode. People I worked with use to call it that so it just stuck around.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    I love GOOD beer. Will drink the light beers, but much prefer craft beers and something with a little flavor to it ;) My solution is that I don't drink them often. If you can throw in an extra workout to offset some of the calories that is great too. I have found with drinking less and losing some weight it really doesn't take much to give me a buzz so that helps too! Good luck... I firmly believe it is all about moderation and incorporating some of the things you love in your diet too (i.e. not just cutting out beer all together)
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Your best option, in my humble opinion, is to look at weekly totals. Save 200 calories a day all week. That is 1000 calories and drink real beer.

Life is too short to drink bad beer.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Guinness - 12 oz bottle is 125 calories
    Bitter American - can settle an IPA craving for 1/2 the calories at 154 calories for the 12 oz can

as you can see... i can't stomach the light beers...

And that is part of what makes you beautiful.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Your best option, in my humble opinion, is to look at weekly totals. Save 200 calories a day all week. That is 1000 calories and drink real beer.

^Amen to this!! I just try to make sure that my overall balances out. That way, I can just enjoy and not have to worry about it so much and can have what I like.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member

That's funny, you seem like more of a Coors guy....

LOL what would make me seem like a Coors guy? I love my Microbrews...maybe too much.

....Coors slogan is the Silver Bullet.

are you at least a Bob Seger fan?

yeah...the Silver Bullet....:smile:
  • Life is too short to drink bad beer.

so true!

thanks for all the ideas guys. i especially love that get drunk not fat webpage... gettin scientific about it.
  • Your best option, in my humble opinion, is to look at weekly totals. Save 200 calories a day all week. That is 1000 calories and drink real beer.

^^^This! Bad beer is just hatin' on yourself. Save the calories or a workout session in the morning, but whatever you do, drink something you enjoy! IPAs like Racer 5, Scotch or Brown Ales like Kona Koko Brown are so worth the calories! Good luck!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    michelobe ultra is a great low cal beer, under 90 cals
  • datae
    datae Posts: 2
    Hey i'm not a beer drinker, but i do love wine and vodka. Its hard, but I try to wait to my cheat day(one day a week). and for every lil goal, I reward myself. For every drink, I drink a glass of water. If you have to have one everyday, use the calories you earned from exercising. hope it helps.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member

^^^This! Bad beer is just hatin' on yourself. Save the calories or a workout session in the morning, but whatever you do, drink something you enjoy! IPAs like Racer 5, Scotch or Brown Ales like Kona Koko Brown are so worth the calories! Good luck!

I loooove the Koko Brown ale. I could so go for one of those right now. :-)
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    shots !
  • Starla5881, You have excellent taste! Doesn't just thinking about it make you thirsty!? ; )
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221

^Amen to this!! I just try to make sure that my overall balances out. That way, I can just enjoy and not have to worry about it so much and can have what I like.

Ditto to this. Also, I highly encourage drunken dancing and sprints in a field somewhere (hay bale races in particular).... it's fun and it burns calories :]
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    I, too, can put down some beers!! SO, I switched to Miller 64 and Bud Select 55... Low cal and low cab. (as others have mentioned). I would suggest puttingt a lemon and lime in.....it makes it taste a HECKUVA lot better!! :drinker:
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    I am partial to Guinness, very high calorie but also quite satisfying. I think it's a weigh up, 1 or 2 higher calorie nice-drinks or more lower calorie not-quite-so-appealing ones.

I have cheats. I buy economy brand supermarket bitter at home, keep it in the fridge, if I crave a beer really badly I crack one of those open, if it's economy it's nearly less than 50% of alcohol and on MFP it is low cal. It fools me into thinking I've been "naughty" and I haven't.
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    I also like to go out for wine, cyder or beer but I only drin one or two (or when I'm very bad three). Since I starte MFP I'm usually drunk after one wine so it's ok. I always stay in my cals though.