protein powder in oatmeal?

Options
katnohat
katnohat Posts: 43 Member
I just had the idea to put some protein powder in my oatmeal to up my protein intake for the day. Does it sound good or gross? Has anyone else done it before?

Replies

• dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    can you make oatmeal with muscle milk or does it not work...
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sounds ok, might thicken it a bit more so more water might be required but I don't think it would be bad. I like to have the fruit oatmeal with re-constituted powdered peanut butter (the one with chocolate is my fav) that's a bit liquidy drizzled on top.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    can you make oatmeal with muscle milk or does it not work...

I've tried muscle milk in my oatmeal...its aight
  • jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning, Just one scoop so it won't get funky. I put in a Stevia too.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I do that 3 or 4 times a week. It's not horrible
  • mizzoulaxgirl26
    mizzoulaxgirl26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you are not supposed to mix protein power in hot items because it denatures the protein.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yep! Try it in your coffee too if you drink it. Even in tea.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Actually, someone gave me the idea of pouring saw raw oatmeal into my protein shake. I do that every morning and blend it up. Sounds strange, but it's good.
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I put protien powder (usually vanilla flavoured) in my oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon every day for breakfast.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla flavored protein powder in my oatmeal most every morning. I love it. (well at least as much as one can "love" oatmeal.)
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Soy protein powder replaces 1/4 of the flour in my waffel batter . Take's the sugar crash out of them.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Personally I think it's nasty, I prefer the texture of oatmeal on it's own mixed with a spoonful of peanut butter then a protein shake on the side :)
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do it, and I love it! I use vega all-in-one nutritional shake (vanilla chai) yum! I also mix plain pea protein powder into soups and dips.
  • babajarox
    babajarox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    scoop of whey, some oaths and glass of low fat milk- best breakfast you can't imagin.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I use half a scoop of chocolate protein powder and cinnemon. Sometimes also add some dried cranberries. It's yummy.
    I use a bit more water so that it is not too thick.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's nasty, I prefer the texture of oatmeal on it's own mixed with a spoonful of peanut butter then a protein shake on the side :)

Me too. For some reason I dislike the resulting texture of the oatmeal and protein powder.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning. Rolled oats, ground flax seed, protein powder and fruit that varies daily. I call it proatmeal. I microwave the whole gang without the protein for 3.5 mins, and then let it cool about a minute before mixing in the protein. It seems to get funky if its still at boiling temp.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Tried it once, didn't care for it; but there are people that do. Give a shot, and if you don't like it, you're out a bowl of oatmeal.