Co-worker Sabotage!!!!

Options
zibbity
zibbity Posts: 126 Member
So at work today, I was away from my desk and came back only to find that someone had left a coupon for a $1 off any snickers ice cream products. I just stared at it, not because...ooh snickers, but because who would leave this?

A few minutes later, one of my co workers who I talk to on a regular basis comes over and asks if I liked the coupon.

I say "Dude, I can't eat any of that stuff". She then says "Oh, are you on a diet?" and I say "Not a diet, just really not trying to having a whole tub of snickers ice cream in my apartment since I live alone and would be the only one eating it" then she says "Well, you're still depriving yourself. God made people of all different shapes and sizes and wants us all to enjoy life".. (huh?) I asked her "can't you just be supportive?" and she didn't respond.

This coworker is skinny, which is probably why she gave me the coupon. Better pawn the ice cream on the fat girl right? WRONG!!!!!! I ended up ripping it up and throwing it away. :tongue:

Still kinda pissed me off the way she reacted though. :grumble:

Replies

• bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    So at work today, I was away from my desk and came back only to find that someone had left a coupon for a $1 off any snickers ice cream products. I just stared at it, not because...ooh snickers, but because who would leave this?

A few minutes later, one of my co workers who I talk to on a regular basis comes over and asks if I liked the coupon.

I say "Dude, I can't eat any of that stuff". She then says "Oh, are you on a diet?" and I say "Not a diet, just really not trying to having a whole tub of snickers ice cream in my apartment since I live alone and would be the only one eating it" then she says "Well, you're still depriving yourself. God made people of all different shapes and sizes and wants us all to enjoy life".. (huh?) I asked her "can't you just be supportive?" and she didn't respond.

This coworker is skinny, which is probably why she gave me the coupon. Better pawn the ice cream on the fat girl right? WRONG!!!!!! I ended up ripping it up and throwing it away. :tongue:

Still kinda pissed me off the way she reacted though. :grumble:

girls are tricky and sneaky, she did it because she knew you were losing the weight and starting to take the attention off her!!!!!!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    girls are tricky and sneaky, she did it because she knew you were losing the weight and starting to take the attention off her!!!!!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!
  • re_define
    Options
    Oh I get that allll the time. I've lost about 35 pounds so far (my ticket doesn't reflect what I really started at back in Feb) and co workers are constantly teasing me for my healthy food or saying I don't eat. Also take into account I work at a call center so people are CONSTANTLY ordering in food and asking me if I'd like to order with them and then I have to smell it... I just chant "size 6" in my head or chew on some gum and chug water like crazy.
    They're all haters! Because they WISH they had our determination or are terrified we'll give their skinny butts a run for their money soon enough!
    you go girl for tearing up that coupon :happy:
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Don't let your co-worker get you down. I've lost 40 lbs and none of the females around me want to encourage me. Your own success is what counts! You've heard the cute little saying "Lord if you can't make me skinny then please make my friends fat!" Other women just seem to get overly insecure when another woman starts looking better and achieving success. :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We cannot control what others do - we can only control how we react to it. :glasses:
  • anglfrmylvr
    Options
    When I get coupons I wouldn't normally use I leave them in the groccery store, someone sees it laying on an item they might be willing to buy it themself. You stick w/ your goal. Your doing awesome. :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is looking & feeling good:drinker:
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Yep my co-worker who always tells me she used to be a size 6 9years ago always wants me to go out to lunch with her. So today I did I ate a salad watched what was in it, holded the cheese, dressing etc and she who complains about how fat she's got a chicken sandwich, with cheese and bacon and chips!! I just looked at her and said you complain about being fat look how you eat. I know that was mean but everyday I hear about how she was a size 6. She gets jealous when other co-workers tell me how good am looking and ask how much weight i've lost. I was hoping my success would help her realize she can do it too.
  • zibbity
    Options
    Oh I get that allll the time. I've lost about 35 pounds so far (my ticket doesn't reflect what I really started at back in Feb) and co workers are constantly teasing me for my healthy food or saying I don't eat. Also take into account I work at a call center so people are CONSTANTLY ordering in food and asking me if I'd like to order with them and then I have to smell it... I just chant "size 6" in my head or chew on some gum and chug water like crazy.
    They're all haters! Because they WISH they had our determination or are terrified we'll give their skinny butts a run for their money soon enough!
    you go girl for tearing up that coupon :happy:

Hehe. I do the same thing! Except I repeat "Vegas" over and over cause that's one of my main mini goals right now! And we are gonna give em a run for their money!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Girl dont worry about it like T.I said let the nerds hate...I get it all the time by me cooking at a deli...but thaye dont try no more becuase they know Im going to refuse it:bigsmile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry but the first thing that came to mind (and I actually said it out loud, I work from home) is WHAT A B!TCH!!!:bigsmile:
  • zibbity
    Options
    Yep my co-worker who always tells me she used to be a size 6 9years ago always wants me to go out to lunch with her. So today I did I ate a salad watched what was in it, holded the cheese, dressing etc and she who complains about how fat she's got a chicken sandwich, with cheese and bacon and chips!! I just looked at her and said you complain about being fat look how you eat. I know that was mean but everyday I hear about how she was a size 6. She gets jealous when other co-workers tell me how good am looking and ask how much weight i've lost. I was hoping my success would help her realize she can do it too.

I remember you posting about her! I see things haven't gotten any better huh?:cry:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Candy in an ice cream!? @_@ She totally knew what she was doing I bet and the fact that you were trying to eat healthy.:angry: What a meanie! That would only motivate me even further to get healthy and lose the weight! I hate how a lot of women get so jealous and insecure about themselves and constantly compare themselves to other women around them.
  • zibbity
    Options
    Sorry but the first thing that came to mind (and I actually said it out loud, I work from home) is WHAT A B!TCH!!!:bigsmile:

Hehe. I was thinking the same thing! :happy:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Just keep up the good work! She's just a jerk who has to make others feel as bad as she does. I hate people like that.
  • zibbity
    Options
    Thanks you guys for all of the comments and encouraging words! You guys are rad!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Hehe. I was thinking the same thing! :happy:

I read this and that was my thought too! :bigsmile: Keep up the great work and you handled it very well, I probably wouldn't have been as nice :devil:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    We cannot control what others do - we can only control how we react to it. :glasses:
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Amen!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    You handled her very well. Keep your chin up. Don't let her get you down.
  • Edjsmom
    Edjsmom Posts: 22
    Options
    OMG! I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience, especially with someone you seemed to be very well acquainted with. I would be pissed about her reaction too! Well, to turn this negative to a positive, use it to fuel your fire and show her otherwise. Make her jaw drop!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I know stuff like this happens all the time. But maybe it happens because of the other person's insecurities. Perhaps the girl that left you the coupon is feeling insecure because you are starting to look like a hottie, and she doesn't know what to do about that.

I'm not saying it's right, nor am I defending that kind of behavior. But sometimes if we take a moment to consider the other person's motivations we realize that the entire situation is really kind of sad.

Maybe it helps us not to get angry and/or feel bad. Maybe we can pray that the other person gains some new self respect.

Just my opinion - your mileage may vary. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!