Co-worker Sabotage!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kaliena22
    Options
    I gotta say that was mighty brave calling her on it. :drinker:
    She absolutely knew what she was doing. :devil:

The thing I miss is the social aspect of Office eating. At my office it is always someone’s birthday, which means someone brings in Bagels for breakfast, everyone goes out to lunch and then at 2:45 we have to gather for cake and singing. I am not strong enough to resist yet so I avoid the first 2 events but you really can’t say no I won’t sing happy birthday to someone, so I sit with my cheese stick and munch slowly. What KILLS me is how everyone serving asks you if you want a piece of cake and not just once, question2 is “are you sure you don’t want a piece? Then the 3rd round is the selling point, “it’s chocolate -chocolate fudge with a creamy surprise middle blah blah, are you sure you don’t want to just try a sliver?” :sad: It’s at this point I have to walk away, “Happy Birthday ______ but I have a ton of work I have to get back to”.
    I chalk it up to no one wants you to say no I don’t eat that stuff because then they feel guilty for eating (been there). When we all pigged out together life was jolly and happy, (the skinny’s and the faties) … but for now, I in my office, I go it alone. :glasses:
  • herowithinyou
    Options

The thing I miss is the social aspect of Office eating. At my office it is always someone’s birthday, which means someone brings in Bagels for breakfast, everyone goes out to lunch and then at 2:45 we have to gather for cake and singing. I am not strong enough to resist yet so I avoid the first 2 events but you really can’t say no I won’t sing happy birthday to someone, so I sit with my cheese stick and munch slowly. What KILLS me is how everyone serving asks you if you want a piece of cake and not just once, question2 is “are you sure you don’t want a piece? Then the 3rd round is the selling point, “it’s chocolate -chocolate fudge with a creamy surprise middle blah blah, are you sure you don’t want to just try a sliver?” :sad: It’s at this point I have to walk away, “Happy Birthday ______ but I have a ton of work I have to get back to”.
    I chalk it up to no one wants you to say no I don’t eat that stuff because then they feel guilty for eating (been there). When we all pigged out together life was jolly and happy, (the skinny’s and the faties) … but for now, I in my office, I go it alone. :glasses:

You rock. I don't know if I could pass up chocolate fudge with a creamy surprise middle :tongue:
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You can enter your starting weight (back in Feb.) so your tickler and total weight loss will reflect what you have lost. Here is how:

From the HELP Section:

Q. How can I change the starting weight or goal weight on my ticker?

A. To change the starting weight or goal weight on your ticker, go to "Tools", then click "Tickers" in the light blue bar below the tabs. Next, click on "Update your weight data" and you'll be taken to a screen showing the starting weight and goal weight we have recorded. Just make whatever changes you'd like to those values and click "Save Changes."

Your ticker will then be updated to reflect your new starting and goal weights. The changes will be reflected everywhere you have displayed your ticker automatically - you don't need to do anything else.

Hope this helps!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Put the coupon in the shredder then put it back on her desk!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Yeah. I'm the same way. Sometimes we have cake at the office, but I never give in. I do have an advantage though. They always seem to get cakes from this particular grocery store. I HATE the sheet cakes from this place. HATE. So I'm never really tempted by cake at the office. You have a lot of determination and will power and that is awesome!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    She probably just feels threatened by how good you are looking and how good you're going to look later. I'm glad you called her on it though. That's just mean and nasty out of her. Keep up the good work.
  • kaliena22
    Options
    Put the coupon in the shredder then put it back on her desk!
    :laugh: now that is a GREAT idea!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That really is disrespectful. Like "give it to the fat girl; obviously she doesn't care what she stuffs in her mouth". Good for you on straightening her out! :flowerforyou:

One of our managers always loudly and publicly refuses any piece of birthday cake etc. When it was her birthday she offered me a piece of her cake. I politely declined and she said "good for you". Then WTF did you offer it to me in the first place?!? :explode:

I think I would have just returned the coupon and said "you need it more than me".:laugh:
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    I :heart: it! Now THAT would send a message!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Yep my co-worker who always tells me she used to be a size 6 9years ago always wants me to go out to lunch with her. So today I did I ate a salad watched what was in it, holded the cheese, dressing etc and she who complains about how fat she's got a chicken sandwich, with cheese and bacon and chips!! I just looked at her and said you complain about being fat look how you eat. I know that was mean but everyday I hear about how she was a size 6. She gets jealous when other co-workers tell me how good am looking and ask how much weight i've lost. I was hoping my success would help her realize she can do it too.

I remember you posting about her! I see things haven't gotten any better huh?:cry:

No they haven't!!!! I just keep hoping something snaps inside her mind. She told me today she told her daughter who is going to college in the fall that she would show up at a party in her skinny jeans I laughed so hard no thinking it came out of my mouth she got mad! oh well
  • SpecialKay
    Options
    Some people just don't like to see others suceed. Especially when they are not happy with themselves. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's so hard when people act that way.
    :grumble:
    I was annoyed at my boss when she was making plans for a work celebration & said, "Oh, we can't serve that, Mrs.X can't have that."
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
    I'm thinking Mrs. X certainly has mowed down everything in her path before (not to mention Starbuck's with extra WC everyday!) - what's changed? And furthermore, has anyone noticed that I only eat the healthy stuff & always bring the veggies, fruit?????
    Apparently not.
    But now Mrs. X is on a "diet" & we must be supportive. :noway:
    Fine.
    The upside is that now maybe there will be more healthy foods than just what I bring.
    :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!