It is official ...

Options
hiddensecant
hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
I'm healthy!!!!!

I finally got my perfect 25.0 BMI this morning when I weighed in at 132.3 lbs. I had to run off to work shortly after I found out but I thought I'd finally mention it. My body fat is also down another point to 28%.

I became overweight eating an average of 1 meal per day. And I lost the weight by taking the time to restore and enhance my metabolism (by eating properly and heavy strength training).

I'll take new photos on Tuesday; that's the soonest I'll be able to wake up at home due a very crazy work schedule.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know I will one day get there also. I am already have way there...before I joined this site so, if I can finish the other half - yay! That is so awesome! Congrats! :bigsmile:
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Woohoo that is brilliant...Congradulations :flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    That's great, good for you!!!

How did you lose so much in such a short time?? what is your secret???
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YAY!! You go girl!!:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Must feel sooooooo good!!! :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    you rock!
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink: :wink: :wink: :happy: :bigsmile:
    Congratulations!
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm sending you a big high 5!!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hugs to all :heart:
    That's great, good for you!!!

How did you lose so much in such a short time?? what is your secret???

1. eat every 2-3 hours
    2. exercise
    3. eat all your exercise calories
    4. heavy strength training (I did a round of P90X)

It was really slow in the beginning because I was an under-eater. So I had to learn to eat and get my metabolism to trust me to keep eating :laugh:. But the weight and fat eventually melted off faster than MFP thought it would.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    How wonderfully encouraging! This kind of truth needs to be shouted to everyone struggling to lose weight by starving themselves.

Gratz to you! I hope you celebrate your achievement!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    I gained weight the same way...undereating without enough activity.
    I was eating only dinner each day and only getting out or doing anything considered calorie burning...well...rarely.

Now Im getting closer and closer to my right amount of calories all the time!
    Im debating eating my workout calories, but the thought still frightens me considering that I hardly ate before and this seems like so much food despite that its healthy now.

Hopefully Ill get good progress like you because we had/have about the same starting weight and ending goal!

Cant wait to see the pics :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    I gained weight the same way...undereating without enough activity.
    I was eating only dinner each day and only getting out or doing anything considered calorie burning...well...rarely.

Now Im getting closer and closer to my right amount of calories all the time!
    Im debating eating my workout calories, but the thought still frightens me considering that I hardly ate before and this seems like so much food despite that its healthy now.

Hopefully Ill get good progress like you because we had/have about the same starting weight and ending goal!

Cant wait to see the pics :flowerforyou:

Yep, that was me .. ate only dinner. And I was working on the computer almost all day and night (trying to build my online business).

In any case, I also had a hard time convincing myself to eat more than 1200 calories. I lost weight at first but hardly any inches. Eventually I started to gain even though I has just started to burn over twice as many calories as I was when I was losing weight.

I guess adding calories was an act of defiance at that point. But that's when it started to come off .. not just the weight but the inches! I mean, the weight was slow at first but it was going down ... and the photos showed huge changes.

It takes time to heal your metabolism. At first I was losing a pound every ten days. But I kept it up and the last few pounds came off the quickest, averaging about 2-3 pounds per week on a 250 calorie deficit.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    awesome! Good to know, thats a ton of motivation for me too.
    Ill be sure not to get discouraged as my body readjusts to the calories its supposed to be getting. Im losing inches already and gaining muscle because of the workouts Im doing, but I cant wait until the scale starts to agree with the better-fitting clothes!

would you really recommend eating my exercise calories? It seems so odd to me all while it kinda makes sense.:grumble:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    awesome! Good to know, thats a ton of motivation for me too.
    Ill be sure not to get discouraged as my body readjusts to the calories its supposed to be getting. Im losing inches already and gaining muscle because of the workouts Im doing, but I cant wait until the scale starts to agree with the better-fitting clothes!

would you really recommend eating my exercise calories? It seems so odd to me all while it kinda makes sense.:grumble:

I would definitely recommend eating some. You don't have to do it all at once. Try 100 extra calories every few days until you're eating half. Then stay there for about a week before you experiment with more. It's a process, figuring out how to work them in without feeling stuffed.

EDIT:
    Oh, I just took a closer look at your food diary. Go for frequency also. You should be eating every 2-3 hours. That helps a lot. So maybe start with an extra snack and go from there instead of adding to a current meal.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    congratulations
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I would definitely recommend eating some. You don't have to do it all at once. Try 100 extra calories every few days until you're eating half. Then stay there for about a week before you experiment with more. It's a process, figuring out how to work them in without feeling stuffed.

EDIT:
    Oh, I just took a closer look at your food diary. Go for frequency also. You should be eating every 2-3 hours. That helps a lot. So maybe start with an extra snack and go from there instead of adding to a current meal.
    thanks for looking into my food diary and giving me a bit of a recommendation!
    Ive written up a little schedule for myself in which I do breakfast at 9:30-10, a 30 min workout at 11, lunch, another workout, a snack, and then some optional WiiFit or a walk (Im easing into exercising more often), then not eating till dinner. Guess I should snack between the optional 3rd workout and dinner?
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! That's so exciting! Now go celebrate with an apple and a jog. :wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!