SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Gratz lady! You are a shining example of how to do it right!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all :heart:
    That's great, good for you!!!

How did you lose so much in such a short time?? what is your secret???

1. eat every 2-3 hours
    2. exercise
    3. eat all your exercise calories
    4. heavy strength training (I did a round of P90X)

It was really slow in the beginning because I was an under-eater. So I had to learn to eat and get my metabolism to trust me to keep eating :laugh:. But the weight and fat eventually melted off faster than MFP thought it would.

Did you count strength training under cardio--meaning did you eat calories from that or just true cardio type??
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Many congratz to you for achieving healthy BMI :-) and finding a healthy way to do it.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...way to go:flowerforyou:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "Ta-dah" Yeah!!!:happy:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Congrats, ghanie!!! You're an inspiration.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If you can do it, Ghanie, then I can do it! Thanks for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all :heart:
    That's great, good for you!!!

How did you lose so much in such a short time?? what is your secret???

1. eat every 2-3 hours
    2. exercise
    3. eat all your exercise calories
    4. heavy strength training (I did a round of P90X)

It was really slow in the beginning because I was an under-eater. So I had to learn to eat and get my metabolism to trust me to keep eating :laugh:. But the weight and fat eventually melted off faster than MFP thought it would.

Did you count strength training under cardio--meaning did you eat calories from that or just true cardio type??

Yes, I ate my strength training calories too. I used a heart rate monitor to calculate them.
    Ive written up a little schedule for myself in which I do breakfast at 9:30-10, a 30 min workout at 11, lunch, another workout, a snack, and then some optional WiiFit or a walk (Im easing into exercising more often), then not eating till dinner. Guess I should snack between the optional 3rd workout and dinner?

A snack shortly after workouts are a good idea. :flowerforyou:

I normally follow up my "big" calorie burners with a glass of chocolate milk. It was an easy way to get in the extra calories I didn't think I could eat. And it's the best recovery drink for strength and endurance workouts.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Great work! I love watching your progress. I agree that combination of BMI and body fat % is a great way to judge your success... not just by the scale. Congrats :happy:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    A snack shortly after workouts are a good idea. :flowerforyou:

I normally follow up my "big" calorie burners with a glass of chocolate milk. It was an easy way to get in the extra calories I didn't think I could eat. And it's the best recovery drink for strength and endurance workouts.
    I never wouldve thought of chocolate milk! theres always choco syrup in the house (cuz once its bought it takes forever to use it all) so I could make myself a big glass! I usually dont like milk but choco milk Ive made myself is always tasty. thanks!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ok, I just updated my photos in my profile ... I only have a "before" photo from my first day on P90X at 148 lbs, but that's when I started to "do it right" so I guess that's fitting.

Today I start to tackle my BF% a bit more with ChaLEAN Extreme. My ticker wont be moving much (if at all) but I expect photos to tell another story in a few months :bigsmile:.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Congrats! I used to eat about three meals a day for the most part, but it was all the wrong stuff. I only get a 1/2 hour for lunch five days a week and there is nothing but fast food within close range. i have forced myself to get up a little earlier and just pack a lunch and snacks throughout the day. Wish me luck! AND CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Congrats! I used to eat about three meals a day for the most part, but it was all the wrong stuff. I only get a 1/2 hour for lunch five days a week and there is nothing but fast food within close range. i have forced myself to get up a little earlier and just pack a lunch and snacks throughout the day. Wish me luck! AND CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Good luck and thanks!
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up! drinker

Hey coach, I'm still going to do Plyo X on Tuesdays (at least twice a month) so I'll catch you on those days :bigsmile:.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey coach, I'm still going to do Plyo X on Tuesdays (at least twice a month) so I'll catch you on those days :bigsmile:.

Good for you!! You are really doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! that's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I went to the Dr.Phil.com site this morning, sent them an email about Mike. I hope everyone on this site does the same. Mike works very hard to keep this site going, it has changed all of our lives and I hope that if enough people do the same Doctor Phil will give mike the recognition he deserves!

Ready Go!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see if Doctor Phil will do something great for our great site creator!

drphil.com write nice things tell him how Mike has helped you. it will feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!