Has anyone else felt sick after eating unhealthy foods?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    /quote]

ummm no, plenty of people on my friends list eat all kinds of stuff and do not have this problem..so lets not generalize...

/quote]

But who has generalized ? The OP asked to whom the same thing happened and others responded. That is not a generalization....
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, pretty much asked. And answered. Yes, it does happen to other people. Whether it is in their heads, on the patio, fast food or sugar. It happens to the OP and a host of others.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    *glances at nutella mug cake*

Nope.
    OMG I just looked up "mug cake". I never knew of such things. I see many new mug cake adventures in my near future. I'll let you know if they make me feel sick later. :wink:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    /quote]

ummm no, plenty of people on my friends list eat all kinds of stuff and do not have this problem..so lets not generalize...

/quote]

But who has generalized ? The OP asked to whom the same thing happened and others responded. That is not a generalization....

I was not referring to the OP..I was referring to another poster...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    That just proves that "clean eating" makes you weak.

Do you also believe that a high alcohol tolerance somehow makes you "stronger"? :huh:
    [img]http://coffeetablecongress.com/Straw-Man animation.gif[/img]
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It's more a guilty feeling for me than a sick feeling

Agreed.

It's probably more psychosomatic.

^ this.

i eat candy and pizza and bagels and processed foods and pretzels and diet soda and a bunch of other things and i don't ever feel sick (except from ingesting too much dairy too quickly that triggers my lactose intolerance).

The only place I've ever eaten that messed with my stomach & bowels is Ryan's Buffet. My sister started to call it Poop City.
  • mi18agnes
    Options
    It feels pretty good at first but after a while, I kinda feel nauseous....
    I don't feel guilty because I do feel like having something sweet once in week or so and it's ok, so maybe it's deep in my head or something to do with my body...
    Just to say, you are not alone :smile:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yup - a big plate of pasta will bloat the hell out of me and ultimately end in a dose of the galloping ****s. Never mind though, it's probably just all psychosomatic.

When I had CFS I became completely intolerant to alcohol for just over a year; even a few sips of wine would make me throw up....that was probably all psychosomatic too. In fact probably the whole CFS thing was psychosomatic.....you know how dumb some of us...thinking we're ill when really it's just a case not eating enough pop tarts.
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I notice a huge energy difference, especially with fast food. The other day I ate pizza and it made me sooo groggy, maybe all of the grease??
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    we spend the money that we would have spent at the restaurant to buy fancy ingredients and make our own fancy meals and desserts...and eat them "al dente" on the patio.

" al dente " refers to slightly undercooked pasta
    " al fresco " means eating outside.

I'm saving that one up so I can teach my kids something new (wrong).... there's a long history there... the moon being made of blue cheese, the cat having a part-time job, the sea having a plug in it... :laugh:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    agreed...dumb

Could you perhaps elucidate further?