How come I'm not losing weight?!

Options
Kris93
Kris93 Posts: 11 Member
I don't get it. I work out just about every day (cardio AND strength exercises), I eat 1500 calories (sometimes less) a day, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, stay away from sugary and fat filled foods, and yet, I'm having so much trouble losing weight. I've been doing this all summer long and NOTHING seemed to help. I was so frustrated with my weight the other day, I began balling my eyes out.
Why can't I lose these last 10 pounds?!
I really want to lose my "tire tube" and my wide hips. And because I know I'm pear shaped, I've heard it's difficult to get rid of...
I don't know if this helps, but I'm 16 years old, about 5'5'', and weigh about 130...
I feel as if I'm in this nightmare I can't get out of.
PLEASE help me!
Your support would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    there can be a ton of reasons as to why you're not losing weight:

1. are you eating your exercise calories? If, no, then definitely start doing that. if yes, then make sure you're not over estimating the calories you burn.
    2. are you drinking enough water?
    3. are you being completely honest with your food diary?
    4. Are you taking your measurements? sometime you lose inches before pounds

remember that you don't have that much weight to lose (relatively speaking) so its going to be a lot harder for you. don't give up!
  • cmbell31634
    Options
    Have you checked your BMI? I'm not sure about how much weight you need to loose. You may want to focus on toning muscle rather than loosing weight. I would suggest giving yourself some variety in your work outs, maybe add some yoga, belly dancing (something relaxing or fun). Don't cry, getting upset with yourself won't help. Be proud of all the work you have done. I have a friend who is a neutritionist and she always recommends high fiber diets to help loose weight. She says it helps you feel full longer (I suck at diets so I have trouble sticking to the good advice she gives me).
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are in the "normal" range so it'll be harder to lose. Maybe your workout intensity isn't hard enough? Are you sure your supposed to be eating only 1500 calories? At your age your metabolism is alot higher so maybe try increasing your calories by a couple hundred (200-300) and see what happens. If you aren't losing the weight, what do you got to lose (besides maybe some weight!). Definitely look into your workouts too. Do you have a HRM? Maybe you should invest in one if you don't to make sure you are hitting your recommended intensity level. Good luck and don't give up!
  • JWarner1173
    Options
    If you need to tone up kickboxing is amazing! It will help slim down your hips and legs and works your core too. If you can't take a class (which is the best way) there are a lot of great workout videos.

(side note)
    I'm pear shaped too and I remember being 16 and wanting to lose those last 10lbs. Please really ask yourself if you need to lose the weight or if you are comparing yourself to all those girls your age that AREN'T pear shaped! I'm 5'7" and my perfect weight was 135!
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    I don't get it. I work out just about every day (cardio AND strength exercises), I eat 1500 calories (sometimes less) a day, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, stay away from sugary and fat filled foods, and yet, I'm having so much trouble losing weight. I've been doing this all summer long and NOTHING seemed to help. I was so frustrated with my weight the other day, I began balling my eyes out.
    Why can't I lose these last 10 pounds?!
    I really want to lose my "tire tube" and my wide hips. And because I know I'm pear shaped, I've heard it's difficult to get rid of...
    I don't know if this helps, but I'm 16 years old, about 5'5'', and weigh about 130...
    I feel as if I'm in this nightmare I can't get out of.
    PLEASE help me!
    Your support would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:

:heart: OMG - You sound like you're built just like my daughter. You may have to accept the fact that you ARE pear shaped and those hips aren't going anywhere no matter WHAT you do. If you exercise and eat healthy, don't beat yourself up. Curves aren't all bad. I personally have no boobs, no butt and no hips, and all my bun exercizes are pretty much a waste of time. The 50+ all came off my belly and upper back. I'm jealous of my daughter's cute round hips and bubble butt, and she envies my skinny legs. I think we all need to learn to love ourselves and realize we're doing the best we can! P.S. My daughter is 21, 5'4" and 145-150 AND ABSOLUTELY NOT FAT!!!

249436.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It is SO ridiculously hard to lose weight when you only have a few pounds to lose. I'm not speaking from personal experience, but my daughter is in the same boat, and she's having a much harder time than I am.

I think exercise is extra important when you want to change your shape and only have a few pounds to lose. At your age, you have to be sure you're eating enough GOOD calories as well, and definitely eat the calories you burn off. I've noticed that when my daughter was getting in a good workout every day, she was losing inches, and her shape was really changing. Lately, she's slacked off on the exercise, and she's starting to gain those inches back.