Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you NOT give in to temptation??

2»

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    I just think of the sadness I feel when my scale is up..... again. Or how I feel when I pull on my jeans to have them fit the same exact way...... think of those moments and all of a sudden, the chips and ice cream aren't nearly as tempting anymore.

Oh, and I also don't buy treats. I can't be trusted.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Just have smaller amounts of the things you enjoy! MFP is not a diet it's a lifestyle, so you can whatever you want in your diary.

I've been at my goal weight for a while, and I routinely drink wine, sweets, coffee and anything else I want -- in moderation!

I don't have a cheat day, if I eat it I log it. Oh, and exercise vigorously on the days you know you might go over!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    In my case, I splurged a little yesterday, and my body did NOT thank me for it. I had a few little bites of home made fudge, and a small scoop of ice cream, and within an hour or so I was in the bathroom with cramps and the runs. I won't be doing THAT again anytime soon....
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    I don't have anything that is 'off limits' because then I can say to myself 'I don't have room for this, or I can have a small amount if it fits in my calories'. I find that when I try to cut things out completely, I am more likely to just say 'screw it' and go off the rails. If I know I can have those things in moderation, I'm more likely to feel empowered to resistant when I do have those cravings and it doesn't fit in my day. However, there are some things that I find really hard to resist, so I have to be honest about it and keep them out of the house if I'm struggling. I also enlist the help of my husband on certain things. If I know I'm making something that will fit with moderation, I will ask him to help me by putting away the leftovers so I don't clean the plate. Or he will ask, politely if I have accounted for the snack, or seconds, or whatever.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    I don't buy temptation from the store. Sweets come up enough at work/parties/dates that I don't feel deprived. I do keep a rich dark chocolate bar handy. A small bit is all I need because it's strong!

I've found Sugar Free Dark Chocolate from Wegman's in the bulk aisle....really good. The fact that i have it with a glass of Pinot is beside the point.

Hmmm headed to Weagman's tomorrow! Chocolate is my downfall. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Pre planning in my mind helps a lot. If I am going to a party or something I decide ahead of time if I am going to eat/drink "junk" or not. Sometimes telling myself it's ok to eat something I normally wouldn't actually helps me NOT want it.

I also have my low calorie junk foods that I eat all the time that help me not eat the crazy high calorie versions.