Adults and drinking.

Options
13»

Replies

• bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Supply a little, but say they can bring their own. I love making home made sangria so I almost always make it for summer gatherings. De-licious! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I did not get my invite. I make balloon animals!

please, prove this. Please.
    Last time I posted one of my balloon animals here I got a warning for obscenity.

idc
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've always done a bring a bottle but also provided some booze myself as well.
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BYOB Takes some of the liability out of it as well.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    get some Trader Joe's 2 buck chuck! A little over $2 per bottle, a sweet deal if you ask me!
  • sonyasummey
    Options
    We always supplied a little something special, like a new drink to try. We also told everyone that they would have to being their own alcohol, while we supplied to food. Hope it is a great time!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I supply for an annual xmas party we host amongst our friends. Family parties like bday parties for the kids, we also supply.

All other parties that are just friends are byob.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I usually budget in 1-2 drinks per person, but then people usually bring more. I usually do wine and beer in a big cooler maybe with some sodas too for people who don't want to drink.

If I runs out, it runs out. I usually do a ton of food too.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the occasion. If it's a graduation or formal type thing, I usually supply the food and alcohol. If it's more of a BBQ/hang-out - everyone bring a dish and BYOB.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb in our house is always bring your own. For parties, having a couple of people over is mostly different except for games night and energy drinks. Bring your own drinks, bring something for the table. It's only fair.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've had 8-10 parties at my house with between 60-80 people each and everyone brings something. I've been doing it about 5 years, and people always ask me when I'm having my next one. I usually make my favorite drink, a combination of hypnotiq, malibu rum and pineapple juice. People love it! Other than that snacks are welcome but no desserts. No one eats them and brownies just get thrown out!

You may also want to make it easy for people to toss the trash and recycling so that cleanup is easier after. Oh, and I always have people remove their shoes even though I have hardwood floors. Trust me it will keep your place a lot nicer :)
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    BYOB (bring your own booze)
    It goes unsaid in South Africa , people are expected to bring their own as we are a nation of heavy drinkers
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    yeah, whenever we have had parties we either
    a] its strictly BYOB.
    b] we supply like wop/jungle juice however you kno it as
    c] a case or two of beer and a few bottles of liquor and soda

then just tell them that you are only supplying a small amount and if they would like anything different or more of anything to bring their own...

we have also just asked those coming who would like to participate to bring a bottle & soda or beer of their choice and then everyone shares all of it... this usually only works for a smaller party

hope you have a blast!! :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would have some but would tell them to bring some too