Under 1200--- how do ye do it? o.O

Options
1235»

Replies

• Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    READ MY POST PROPERLY
    Right. I read your post carefully word for word. Did you read my reply?

Not exactly feeling the attitude...

Im sorry but people are assuming i have an eating disorder. I've began taking in about 1700cals a day. Might do a half hour of cardio and some pilates if im not feeling too tired after work....people think i want to take in like only 500.....i even said i didnt like :(
    No problem- I wasn't assuming anything of the sort. The key is, if you're feeling weak/exhausted/dizzy, your body is trying to communicate to you that something's wrong! Making sure you get enough nutrition and FEELING good is just as important toward fitness and weight loss as maintaining a caloric deficit. :)
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The lower you set your daily calories the more important food choice is as you have less calories to play with.

To stick to 1200 or under and not feel hungry you have to drop sugars way down, fill up with vegetables and salad with enough high protein food to hit your targets. There is a bit more as you need calcium etc as well.

It is not easy to do, nor is it the best way to lose weight for the majority of people, but it is possible.

an example day

35g porridge oats + 150ml skimmed milk

150g carrot batons
    100g celery
    100g tomatoes
    2 egg white omelet
    100g chicken
    50g low fat cottage cheese

200g broccoli
    200g spinach
    50g cous cous (dry weight)
    150g white fish