Just me?

Options
Lilip0p
Lilip0p Posts: 36
So really, dig deep down before you answer this. Forget the positive attitude just for a minute.

Who REALLY likes to exercise? Who REALLY likes to eat mini portions of boring food?

Hell no, not me.

I see people... "Ohhh my green beans and mushed cauliflower was super! So tasty!" and "I am so excited to go out and run/go to the gym"

Me? I hate it. I do it because I don't want to be fat. It is THAT simple!

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I love weightlifting. I don't eat small portions of food. I don't see your problem :P
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Nope, the food is always a pain in the *kitten*. All the prep and cooking sucks. Exercising, though, just depends on the day. Sometimes I feel invincible and I want to make everything and everyone there my b****. Other days, I whimper my way to a bike and try to be as inconspicuous as possible.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    In the nicest way possible.....

You're doing it wrong.
  • Lilip0p
    Options
    I love weightlifting. I don't eat small portions of food. I don't see your problem :P

Oh shusssh up! I am jealous. Let me be bitter! :tongue:
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Is there no exercise in the whole world that you enjoy doing? I have discovered a love for hiking. I like walking challenging routes during the week because it helps me do better on my long hikes on the weekend.

I don't "exercise" (which I read to mean exercise for the sake of exercise) much - just a bunch of crunches or push-ups (3 times a week each), which takes me 15-20 minutes a day.

As for food, can you work on making it less boring? I don't mind boring in my food, I ate the same things over and over when I was morbidly obese (just different things than now). But it doesn't have to be boring - there are zillions of recipes out there to make it interesting.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise......and I love to eat.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. I'm still eating all the bad crap that I like (just not as much). I do enjoy exercising, though.
  • Lilip0p
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Not quite. I just hate it. After a day with 5 kids (2 toddlers.. one with Autistic) A constant battle throughout my day, and up several times every night, once they are in bed - I don't want to exercise - I want to go to BED! Nothing wrong about that.. I just hate it! I am exhausted, mentally and physically. I want to shut down and go to sleeeeep!

As for food. I am just not a fan of the whole "I am eating clean, but then I am just going to eat this WW ice cream or brownie" Nah, I prefer to go all the way if i am going to do something, not do it half-assed.

AND I HATE IT! :bigsmile:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise. I LOVE eating though. I eat what I like and make it fit into my calorie goal. This morning I had a bagel with cream cheese. From a NYC deli. It makes a difference! lol I might hit up McDonald's later. Still haven't decided =)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

So very wrong.
  • Lilip0p
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. I'm still eating all the bad crap that I like (just not as much). I do enjoy exercising, though.

Now for me personally, THIS is doing it wrong. I could stay well within my calorie/macros each day by eating crap BUT I also don't want nasty skin nd more importantly lumpy, cellulite thighs and *kitten* - all of which are made 100x worse by crap food.

I want to look good. I have been skinny fat, all 118lbs of me, but flabby and lumpy skin - all done by still eating the crap I like, just not as much. For ME that is not my goal and certainly not attractive.

So, for me, doing it RIGHT - super clean - is not doing it wrong when it comes to my end goal.

I just hate it LOL
  • Lilip0p
    Options
    Nope, the food is always a pain in the *kitten*. All the prep and cooking sucks. Exercising, though, just depends on the day. Sometimes I feel invincible and I want to make everything and everyone there my b****. Other days, I whimper my way to a bike and try to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Wish there was a 'Like' button!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I actually have come to love exercise, but then I found exercise I enjoyed. Bicycling, hiking, kayaking, and just a brisk walk for the sheer pleasure of taking a break and getting some fresh air. Even so, when I am forced on the elliptical or into the gym for weights, I really love the exercise rush and that delicious ever-so-slightly sore feeling that tells me that I've taken a tiny step to improve myself.

Food was more of a problem, but I love experimenting and discovery. Refrigerator oatmeal is up there among my household gods now. I have rediscovered a love of eggs, which I once thought were forbidden food but I'm now realizing are nature's little protein bars. My diet, once largely consisting of sweet and carbohydrate, is now balanced with more savory and fatty and protein-y, foods I always enjoyed but avoided because I thought they were "unhealthy".

Are there days I struggle with calories? Abso-fraggin-lutely darned tootin' there are! Are there days I can barely drag my *kitten* on the Elliptical Drainer and do my 45 minutes of penance so I can eat something more satisfying for supper? Without a doubt. Are there days I pull the dumbells off the rack and start groaning before I lift the first weight, or get out the mat to start planks and think "I could really go for a beer and a sit-down right about now, why in the hell am I doing this?" You betcha.

Are there more days when I get on my bicycle for my daily 28-mile round trip commute and think "I'm so glad I've put so much work into all of this, because I can now finally ENJOY my commute to work as an hour out in the fresh air conquering hills and earning magnificent meals!" Yup. And that, my friends, is what makes it worthwhile to me. Being able to challenge myself and do so many things that were inconceivable to me just a few short years ago.

Find something to train for. Next week, I will ride my bicycle in the Trek Across Maine - a 180-mile 3-day charity ride. Get started on C25K and sign up for a charity run. Allow your exercise to serve a purpose for someone else in addition to yourself. Sometimes that's what it takes to make it more worthwhile.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So really, dig deep down before you answer this. Forget the positive attitude just for a minute.

Who REALLY likes to exercise? Who REALLY likes to eat mini portions of boring food?

Hell no, not me.

I see people... "Ohhh my green beans and mushed cauliflower was super! So tasty!" and "I am so excited to go out and run/go to the gym"

Me? I hate it. I do it because I don't want to be fat. It is THAT simple!

I feel ya. One of these days I am going to invent a pizza that has bacon, sausage, tons of cheese etc.. on it and is only 100 calories for a slice big enough you could wrap it around you like a blanket. I'll invent a bacon and swiss burger with anything you want on it that has 100 calories and is so big it has it's own zip code. BUT, for now I have to go eat some yogurt and get ready to exercise on my lunch hour..
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    some days it's a struggle....in saying that. I do love the new life style! Much success to all.:drinker:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I love running. I love eating healthy. So there. :tongue:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    It's not the workout, or the eating right that one likes. It's the results! If it was easy, everyone would do it.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise......and I love to eat.

Ditto.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    When you have Goodson's Cafe and Mel's Country Cafe around you, I can see where this could be a mental struggle.

I do enjoy working out...but I absolutely love the pain I feel afterwards. No, I'm not sadistic or anything. It indicates, to me, that muscles and body are at work.

As for the food: I also love to eat, but I've chosen to eat healthier and a lot less. I drink a lot of water which helps suppress my hunger, which in turn, helps me eat less.

Find some sort of exercise that you enjoy so you can create a plan of action to get you moving. You'll find out that that one spark could set off another firework for another activity.

I wish you well.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm with you coach, I love working out! It's an addiction =) I've been an athlete all my life, and when I was in college there was no better feeling then taking a shower after a rugby game and playing "bruise or dirt" =)