Just me?

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy working out. I like how I feel afterwards and I love how my body looks. I also love to eat, which is part of the reason I love working out, so I can eat more. But I am also a very boring person who eats pretty much exactly the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. I don't have to think about it, I just eat it and log it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i love weightlifting and playing sports. and i use a lot of hot peppers/sauce on my food so it is never boring.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Now for me personally, THIS is doing it wrong. I could stay well within my calorie/macros each day by eating crap BUT I also don't want nasty skin nd more importantly lumpy, cellulite thighs and *kitten* - all of which are made 100x worse by crap food.

This is not really true. If you are able to meet protein goals you would probably be ok. Add in lifting/exercise....even better.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Now for me personally, THIS is doing it wrong. I could stay well within my calorie/macros each day by eating crap BUT I also don't want nasty skin nd more importantly lumpy, cellulite thighs and *kitten* - all of which are made 100x worse by crap food.

This is not really true. If you are able to meet protein goals you would probably be ok. Add in lifting/exercise....even better.

What Jac said. But the isn't exactly what I meant either. I'm just saying... There are zillions if good clean foods out there that taste amazing. You don't need to hate what you're eating. Experiment and try new things. Hate exercise... Then you haven't found your right kind. Keep trying. You mentioned you had a bunch of kids - take them on a walk every day. A bike ride. Play on the jungle gym with them. Not saying you aren't but those are ideas. I have 3 kids and I live my gym time. It's ME time. I can put on my tunes and not be in parenting mode for a couple hours. It's blissful and also totally healthy physically and mentally.
    Your all or nothing attitude is almost impossible to keep up. It's what leads most of us to crash and burn. Give yourself some slack to make mistakes, eat a little pizza on occasion, and just enjoy life and this process.
  • BikerKevin67
    Options
    I love lifting, but eating good has always been a struggle for me. Gotta say I don't look bad, but if I ate better, I'd look a little more fit. Anyway, it's pizza night tonight. :)
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    Love to run.... Love to eat greasy fatty food, not broccoli and baked fish...
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like some exercises....like team sports or ripping my dirt bike. But, going to the gym or running, I absolutely HATE doing it. I do it because I know I need to.

As for the eating...same thing. I like some stuff, but man do I miss some of the junk too! LOL
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat mini portions of boring food. The new diet is 100x better tasting and more filling than before. More protein, more fat, more bulky vegetables that I like, more fruit, more BACON!

Don't get me wrong, I still like chips and ice cream and pizza. But when you're stuffed from a 12-oz steak, half a plate of steamed broccoli, and a nice fat pint of IPA... who needs dessert?
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    So really, dig deep down before you answer this. Forget the positive attitude just for a minute.

Who REALLY likes to exercise? Who REALLY likes to eat mini portions of boring food?

Hell no, not me.

I see people... "Ohhh my green beans and mushed cauliflower was super! So tasty!" and "I am so excited to go out and run/go to the gym"

Me? I hate it. I do it because I don't want to be fat. It is THAT simple!

Can't lie, i LOVE to ride my bike............
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    **** no. I hate exercising. I would love to eat my weight in pasta and muffins all day and never get unhealthy or fat. Yeah, I like healthy food because I know if I don't like it i'll be miserable for the rest of my life, but i doubt many people can honestly say that if they were offered their favorite "bad" food for the same nutrition as the "healthy" food that they'd take the healthy version.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Its not about being perfect. Its about little victories everyday.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a new found love for my stationary bike!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Actually I do like to exercise. And when I am used to eating healthy food, I enjoy it a whole lot more. And while there will be some foods that I will always love, like good pizza, I recognize that some of the junk I ate before was not even that good, but I just ate it anyway.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercise and love to fill up with horrible foods. But the longer that I'm doing this, the more I find that I hate how I feel on rest days, so yeah, I'd consider that loving exercise. And I'm also loving how "clean" my innards feel from changing my diet and getting rid of all the junk.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    At first no I hated it, but that was because I was lazy and hated moving more than my hands on my computer mouse. Honestly now I LOVE to run and I love strength training. I'm really really looking forward to Monday when I start P90. Eating well I love love love food but I don't mind smaller portions, I've been doing it so long now that I think it would hurt to eat more than I do.
  • tuppencehapenny
    Options
    Yeah I pretty much hate everything about dieting and exercise and do it purely because I want to be thin.

BUT I took up hula hooping a few months ago, which is awesome fun and burns calories - not as many as powering on the cross trainer, but because I like it, I don't mind spending longer doing it. Plus I can do some nifty tricks now.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Id rather slam by b*lls in a door than to eat small portions of boring food.
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do love to exercise-but I dance a lot, so I'm having fun! .
    But you can miss me with the small portion stuff. Somedays I do and somedays I don't! I just eat til Im full.
    Thanks for posting! Some MFPs needed this honestly to let them know they are not the only ones that feel this way!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I really enjoy exercise while doing it, unless it's something easy like taking a walk to clear my head or taking a walk with a friend, but I really do like the feeling of accomplishment after a good workout and it does give me more energy throughout the day. I think that makes it worth it. Food and I are good friends so that can be a challenge sometimes. It would be so much easier to just live on fast food and takeout lol
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    I don't know if I am at a point where I can say I love exercise. I've always hated sweating and I used to try to avoid any kind of physical exertions but I've come to enjoy the rush and the feeling of general well-being that come after exercising. Hell, I think I'm beginning to crave it. The result keeps me going as well. It's the little things that I've achieved keep me motivated.

As for food, yeah, it's a hassle to prep and cook it. A lot of times it's just easier to reach for whatever's available without thinking about whether it's beneficial or not; and portion control has been a struggle but I'm striving to get to the day when I actually need to eat to 2500cals just to keep maintain my body. XD Seriously can't wait to start lifting.