6 Things You Think You Need to Get Healthy…But Really Don’t

Options
13»

Replies

• vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just have one question... when do you switch from beginner to advanced workouts?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I just have one question... when do you switch from beginner to advanced workouts?

when you're ready.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

when you're ready.

I only ask, cause the only things on the advanced list I can't do is the one legged squats(broke my ankle, when I was young and now balancing on that leg, for long periods of time, is near impossible) and the plank... I never done one before... but they don't seem that difficult
  • lilmissfickle
    lilmissfickle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loved this, definitely sharing!
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome article, the only problem I have is the mentioning of the sleeping pill, after 3 combat deployments between Afghanistan and Iraq, I will never not need a sleeping aid, regardless how much help I have sought.
  • gward84
    gward84 Posts: 16
    Options
    Fantastic read, ditched the gym about 6 months ago to save some money, I now do at least 30 mins walking a day and feel in better shape, and its alot cheaper :)
  • thenewmeby40
    thenewmeby40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually, I would say good shoes are important--especially if you are older. Spot on for everything else.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Spot on!

I want to use this next time someone tells me they dont have time.

Instead of saying “I don’t have time,” say “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    this.is.amazing.

and so is this:
    Instead of saying “I don’t have time,” say “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    All very true. I used to think some of those things were true... until I got serious and realized the only thing I needed was my willpower. Everything else fell into place. Not saying it's easy by any means, but when you want it bad enough- you make it happen with the resources you have.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome! While some of those things can help (gym/TRX) they are definitely not required. One of the best things I ever did was take an outdoor bootcamp which taught me the right way to do pushups/weights/stretches/burpies/etc. Now I can do them on my own, wherever I am. There are tons of youtube videos that do the same thing!

In terms of food- I have cut my grocery bill down SO MUCH by buying fresh food, only when I need it. I spent $30 on groceries this week! Maybe I'll end up spending another $10-20 but when I was eating junk all the time the same amount would have been spent on chips/pizza/pop/take out. And then my other groceries on top of it.

People get tricked into thinking weight loss is expensive because celebrities are always taking about personal chefs/trainers/hours in the gym. It may not happen as fast, but you can get amazing results with a simple approach as well.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Love it! :D