Need help!!

Options
I need some motivation!! I've been trying to do good.. One bad day and I fall off the wagon... What do you do or think about to keep your motivated?

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Well I would print out a huge picture of myself now and how i want to be just to show a comparison. This will also motivate one to strive for that goal weight because they look at the now picture every morning and are disgusted with themselves.. :) There are always people on here that will help!!!

Good Luck and am here for support
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    That is a good idea! :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I always keep a low stress positive attitude. If I had a bad day, I know the next time I'll get back on track. I don't let numbers consume my life.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You just cannot let one bad day ruin everything. You have to forgive yourself and get back on track. The more you fall and get back up, the less you will fall. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just look at myself naked in the full length mirror....thats enough to get ANYONE back on track, believe me.

But I also look at that bathing suit hanging on the door and imagining what I will look like in it. :)
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Is there something that you really, really, really want? That is besides being healthier and losing weight. I set small goals for myself. Once I reach my goal I get that thing that I really want. It's never food that I reward myself with. For me it was things like a new pair of shoes, a new purse, a book, jewelry. Stuff I normally wouldn't buy for myself but I would like to have. That has kept me motivated throughout my journey. Small goals and lots of rewards! It doesn't always work for everyone but it did for me! :flowerforyou:
  • 197Kiki
    Options
    That's good I need to get to be more positive I'm always stressin out... It does help seeing everyone else working out and doing good
  • mumtowandz
    mumtowandz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We are always so hard on ourselves. I try to think .. How would I advise a close friend? I would tell them one bad day makes you human. Every day is a fresh start. Plan for today, set goals for tomorrow and push on... Forgive yourself and live for today:) we need to be kind to ourselves .. I am trying to do this for myself... It helps me, best of luck!
  • 197Kiki
    Options
    Thats a good quote!! Carrie_eggo!! :happy:
  • 197Kiki
    Options
    I did set a small goal to be in smaller pair of jeans by next month! I'm hoping that will happen!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If I need motivation or inspiration I like to browse the success stories on here. Some of the body transformations are amazing!! I also like to go shopping lol.....I love clothes!!! And seeing so many cute and new styles keep me motivated to stay in shape!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The first thing I want to say is you've come to the right place for motivation! I just started here this month but I love it here. I've made some really encouraging friends in just a few short days.

The next and probably most important thing is don't get discouraged. I'm reading through some of the threads on here and seeing that it takes 15-20lbs to get down a pant size and that sometimes it takes people 12 weeks or so to get to that 20lb mark. The general consensus is to just keep going, eventually you will see the results that you are looking for.

Take measurements as well as use the scale. You may not see progress on the scale but you actually lost inches elsewhere. For me that is a great motivation, when I can see the numbers prove I am making progress.

Edited to add: Treat every day like a new day. If you fall off the wagon one day, get right back on it the next.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If I need motivation or inspiration I like to browse the success stories on here. Some of the body transformations are amazing!! I also like to go shopping lol.....I love clothes!!! And seeing so many cute and new styles keep me motivated to stay in shape!

I do this too!! When I'm feeling down or tempted to eat junk I sit and read success stories. The pictures are always amazing!!
  • xavi_love
    xavi_love Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day, put it behind you and keep going. It does not mean you failed it just give you and oppurtunity to teach your self what not to do.

My desktop at work has a picture of a woman running and it says "If you're tiered of starting over, STOP giving up." I also set a remind a few times a day with motivation "eat healthy", "Do it to keep up with your growing daughter.", thats sexy black dress." "your HEALTH"
  • missattitude57
    Options
    I don't know if it would work for you but the thought of my future kids keeps me motivated! I don't want them to grow up big like I did so I know I have to start being a good example before they arrive :)
  • cavazza2goodwin
    Options
    Not to be selfish but this post just saved me from doing worse today. I have already exceeded my 1200 calorie goal for the day and I was feeling horrible. Here at my work we always have goodies in the pantry to snack on so its easy to fall off track and and then feel ever worse about yourself. Just as I was like whats another donut....at 250 calories for one....I came on here and started reading this post and all other...Thank you. Thank you to all of you who I have read who have helped me not to do the worst thing and leave me feeling that much worse. I think Ill go for a walk outside now. :D
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day, put it behind you and keep going. It does not mean you failed it just give you and oppurtunity to teach your self what not to do.

My desktop at work has a picture of a woman running and it says "If you're tiered of starting over, STOP giving up." I also set a remind a few times a day with motivation "eat healthy", "Do it to keep up with your growing daughter.", thats sexy black dress." "your HEALTH"
    I love these ideas!!!
  • cavazza2goodwin
    Options

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! :-) THANk YOU!!!! !
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    Not to be selfish but this post just saved me from doing worse today. I have already exceeded my 1200 calorie goal for the day and I was feeling horrible. Here at my work we always have goodies in the pantry to snack on so its easy to fall off track and and then feel ever worse about yourself. Just as I was like whats another donut....at 250 calories for one....I came on here and started reading this post and all other...Thank you. Thank you to all of you who I have read who have helped me not to do the worst thing and leave me feeling that much worse. I think Ill go for a walk outside now. :D
    I've over my goal today, too. I had 2 pieces of pizza instead of 1. And reading that it takes like 20lbs to notice any real difference. I'm really kicking myself that I didn't give this serious effort months ago when I started and now I don't have time to lose what I'd like before my dress fitting and wedding. But, the most important thing is that I'm doing it now!
  • outlaw5353
    outlaw5353 Posts: 50
    Options
    Random but where/how do u make ur own post on the message board