Best compliment you've gotten since starting your journey?

Options
shanae727
shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
What's the best or most appreciated compliment you have gotten so far since starting your weightloss transformation or healthy journey (whatever you prefer). Whether it was from friends, mates, lovers, random people, strangers or family. What was the compliment, who said it and how did it make you feel?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    A while back when having what has been called a "Hair cutting party" at my house (we have several of us get together and my cousin dyes, cuts, perms, or whatever all of our hair), and two of the girls were talking about diet and weight loss... I chimed in with my opinion and was told (In a more funny than rude way) to SHUT UP, followed by "You are no longer part of the 'fat girl club' and your opinion doesn't matter anymore" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .... I sat there and 'shut up' GLADLY!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    From my 27 year old son after a big hug;

'Mama, your getting so skinny, way to go'
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    i posted mine yesterday but my autistic son ( who normally hates hugs) said " Mum I like it that you have lost weight as it makes it easier for me to hug you"
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A younger guy that lives in my neighborhood had some friends over recently and they were playing volleyball in the backyard. The ball rolled out into the street where my kids were riding their bikes so I retrieved it for them. One of his friends met me in the street (we live on a dead end) and I gave it back to him. He looked at me and said, "So, YOU'RE the hot mom." I was floored but pretty much just laughed it off. But inside, I was thinking - a younger guy said that to ME. Way cool.
  • Tanyaclare
    Tanyaclare Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I met somebody that I have not seen for a while they gave me a kiss and looked behind me and then said were is the rest of you???
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    It wasn't the best compliment at the time, in fact it hurt like a mofo and made me very upset and sad....but now..its the BEST compliement ever because I realise not only did I get healthier, but I dodged a real bullet there...

My ex as he's walking out the door to go and live with another woman

"You know if you hadn't lost all that weight we would still be together."

Lauren
  • shanae727
    Options
    From my 27 year old son after a big hug;

'Mama, your getting so skinny, way to go'

awwh NSV right there!
  • shanae727
    Options
    It wasn't the best compliment at the time, in fact it hurt like a mofo and made me very upset and sad....but now..its the BEST compliement ever because I realise not only did I get healthier, but I dodged a real bullet there...

Lauren

your loss=his loss :) GREAT JOB 113 pounds that is AWESOME
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Lauren

I'd be tempted to add his weight to my ticker.

Best compliment I've gotten is just a simple 'I'm proud of you'. It means the world to me because it was from my Hubbs.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My lungs thank me every day.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this counts or not, BUT....

I used to work out at a Planet Fitness, and there was an attractive girl I noticed who was a regular during the same hours as myself. After I had been a member and a regular (3 nights a week) for about 4-5 months, she came up to me out of the blue one day telling me she's noticed how much progress I've made since I first started working out there.
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    this :)
    My lungs thank me every day.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your face isn't chubby any more.
  • shanae727
    Options

Lauren

I'd be tempted to add his weight to my ticker.

Best compliment I've gotten is just a simple 'I'm proud of you'. It means the world to me because it was from my Hubbs.

Aww those are the best!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Lauren

Oh, right, blame it on YOU ..... guess he didn't want a HEALTHY wife ..... one of the dumbest statements ever !
  • shanae727
    Options
    Don't know if this counts or not, BUT....

I used to work out at a Planet Fitness, and there was an attractive girl I noticed who was a regular during the same hours as myself. After I had been a member and a regular (3 nights a week) for about 4-5 months, she came up to me out of the blue one day telling me she's noticed how much progress I've made since I first started working out there.

OH that counts! Did you get her number?...kidding
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly, I have not received one, in fact only one person has even noticed I am loosing. Don't know what's up with
    that but as long as I know and can tell it is alright
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight last october and lost about 80 lbs. it's not much of a compliment per say, but a friend who knew me when I was 260 lbs thought I had become a crack addict when he saw me for the first time since I lost my weight.
  • isouda
    isouda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not really a compliment but last Monday I bought some cigarettes and a lighter for my other half and was asked for ID! It was a serious request from the cashier who said I looked like my daughters sister. It has made my year - I will be 47 in August :laugh:
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "I want to look like you"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!