What do you like to have for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• lmocha
    lmocha Posts: 16
    Options
    Just started a couple of weeks ago and now a daily ritual...Liberte Greek (Vanilla) Yogurt stirred with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a cup of coffee. (@ 205cal and great source of protein)
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually eat those Eggo frozen waffles with the fiber on the go. Dab on some syrup and I'm out the door
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I have time, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal with some fruit in it. If I don't have time - toast with peanut butter and a piece of fruit or Chobani yogurt with almonds mixed in. Today, however, I was craving hash browns, so I went to Dunkin and had hashbrowns and iced coffee (still under 400 cals and I was actually not hungry again until lunch time!)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    anything protein, and with in 30 mins of getting up

^^this^^ for me has been working. You can try protein shakes, cottage cheese with fruit, eggs, fish... Ok to think outside the box for your meals, breakfast included.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Special K cereal.
  • RealHealthQuest
    RealHealthQuest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time to make breakfast, then make hard boiled eggs en masse and grab those and a piece of fruit or cheese and fruit. If you can make it the night before than overnight oats are awesome. I generally make mine fresh every morning, but put this in a bowl, refrigerate and eat in the morning.

1/3 cup rolled oats
    1/3 or 1/2 cup milk [depending on how thick you like it]
    1/3 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 banana
    dash of cinnamon

In the morning top with anything you want such as some additional fruit, granola, etc... The possibilities are endless, but I always put a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. It really makes the oatmeal stick with you so that you don't have any cravings until lunch.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I am 100% addicted to oatmeal with either a chopped apple or banana and little sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar! Yummy and filling!
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    2TBS fresh ground organic almond butter

Then...half a grapefruit, 4 strawberries (both organic), dash cinnamon, a few drops vanilla cream Stevia blended all together with ice to make a slushie...its yummy & what I generally start my day with!
  • I eat some oatmeal with blueberries mixed in and cinnamon sprinkled in..I'm ALWAYS in a rush so it works out because it's pretty easy
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been living off this smoothie all week:

- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen strawberries
    - 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    - 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
    - 3 sprigs worth of fresh mint leaves
    - 1-2 cups of spinach
    - Enough Odwalla Strawberry C Monster to get the blender going.

It ends up between 290 and 400 calories, depending on how much of the juice is used. I usually make them on the lighter side and have a piece of wheat toast as well.

I'm also a fan of egg muffins:
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

If you fill them with veggies instead of cheese they're pretty low cal, and very quick and easy. You can make them once a week or once every few days, put them in baggies, and then microwave as needed.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Usually Thomas Light Whole Grain English Muffin (100 calories w/lots of fiber) with 1 tablespoon of Polaner All Fruit w/fiber addded (approximately 30 calories) plus fiber, with one of the following: 1 tablespoon of Kettle Brand Almond Butter (90 calories) or 1 tablespoon of Original Cream Cheese (50 calories) or 2 pats of butter (72 calories), and a glass of skim milk (80 calories) or low sodium V8 (50 calories), and coffee or tea w/no sugar or cream. Takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Approximate calorie = 275 to 300.
    I eat this about 5 days per week.

Greek Yogurt (120-200 calories depending on fat content and sweetener used) with a piece or serving of fruit (60-100 calories) = 180 to 300. I actually like the plain greek yogurt w/4 oz Dole tropical fruit cup w/2 teaspoons of honey. Very good and filing.

1 large fried egg (70 calories), 2 pats of butter (72 calories) on a Light English Muffin (100 calories) w/Low Sodium V8 (50 calories) plus coffee or tea without cream or sugar = around 300 calories.

Luna Nutrition Bar (around 170 calories) w/1 glass of skim milk (80 calories) = 250 calories. (One of my favorite snacks, has worked for breakfast in a pinch. Luna Bars are fantastic and made by Clif.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    2- Kashi 7 Grain Waffles (150 calories and tons of fiber) with Sugar-free IHOP syrup (15 cal for 1/4 cup).
    YUMMMMMMMM.
    If I'm still hungry I like eating some dry cereal with a few almonds as well or an apple!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Bowl of oatmeal and 2 hard boiled eggs (no yolks)
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    4 eggs. keeps me full. :)
  • SofiaBun
    SofiaBun Posts: 1
    Options
    greek yogurt, blueberries (or banana in the off-season), 1 tbsp chia seeds, fiber twigs from Sunflower...keeps me full for a few hours and gives me great energy when I work out, usually about an hour after eating. 303 kcal according to the counter.