Options
    Okay....maybe I'm not really Spider Woman. :(

Laughing so hysterically right now!:laugh:
    that was awesome!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    *shrug*

I dunno...my pictures are only roughly representative of me right now...I've gained a bit since my surgery. They'll be about 5% bodyfat higher than what will be my 'current' within a couple months though :).

As for meeting people...I don't really worry about it. If they don't like me for me...wth difference does it make?
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am not photogenic at all! I look way better in person.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    As for meeting people...I don't really worry about it. If they don't like me for me...wth difference does it make?
    [/quote]

^5
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Thanks for a Fun Friday Forum Thread:

Actually, most of the folks on here are proud of what they have accomplished. Most want to show it off with good reason. I would bet most of the photos are real..and that they do look better in person! Are your arms longer? People here are dedicated to fitness and health. That's a good thing....some are dedicated to long arms, some big arms, some big..well...just...big ..not sure those weights are something you find at the gym. Fisheye lense could come in handy.

Meeting someone should be fun. Common and shared interests other than wanting to meet someone. Fitness takes a dedication..and most folks here are dedicated. So off we go.......meet you at the gym....and we can share losing and lifting the weight.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am 21 pounds down from all the pictures I have in my profile. Not posting any more until I reach my goal. But in the past I definitely "posed" certain ways from certain angles to get the desired effect.
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options

^5
    [/quote]

Agreed...just imagine if they liked you for being someone else! ? ! Worse huh?
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I actually met someone in person from a different weight loss site. He recognized me right away from my photos on my page. Later on that evening, he went back to the site and posted on the thread that he met me for lunch and that I was as beautiful in person as I was in my photos.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The pic I have up right now is with my hair straightened. Usually it's an unruly, curly beast that refuses to be tamed.

The other pix don't really show too much...but I'm ok, for the most part, with how I look. I know I need to improve a couple of things. But if someone is hung up that badly on looks, screw them...I have a kick *kitten* personality; so in the end, it wouldn't be MY loss.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm not super photogenic, but I am pretty sure my photos represent me 100%. For example, my current picture is me wrapped in a toilet paper wedding dress. I wear this sort of thing all the time.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I try to keep recent pics posted. I don't think I'm that photogenic at all - and think I look better IRL.

I agree with what Texas said earlier though - I'm really proud of the changes I've made so far. I'm not nearly done, but I'm happy to meet fellow MFPers in person! We've all got the common goal, whether it's 300 lbs or 20lbs to lose, we're all here to be healthier. If we get some new friends along the way, that's a bonus.

ETA:
    I'm not super photogenic, but I am pretty sure my photos represent me 100%. For example, my current picture is me wrapped in a toilet paper wedding dress. I wear this sort of thing all the time.

^^^^SO happy I didn't take that drink of wine now - holy cow, I love your TP dress!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I think i look better in my photos then in real life... i know what angles are good and what aren't.... not saying i look different but just not as good as my pictures i guess.

I'd run screaming if i meet me LOL

haha Julz, I think I would run screaming towards you, not away from you. Hmmmm wait, does that make me sound like a crazy beast? hahaha
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think the pics I have posted are fairly representative of what I look like in either fitness clothes or a swimsuit. I don't really care what people think about me, if they like me - great. If not - oh well...
    <=====FWIW, this pic was taken earlier this evening - just saying. :laugh:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    My pictures are good pictures of me. No one puts up a crappy picture of themselves. I don't think anyone would be disappointed to see me in real in real life though.

<
    This picture is about as real as it gets. No makeup and sweating like a sinner in church. :)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same size I was at my wedding 5 years ago.... I did my own makeup that day, didn't tan, no spanx.... I'd say it's pretty accurate. I have braces now.. but that's really it.
    Unless, of course, you catch me before I have my morning coffee, in which case I am a subhuman life form.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I look like my pictures. But I don't have any interest in meeting anyone off of here lol.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    In person, I take my pants off a lot. It's much better, trust me.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    does it really matter?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I actually look better than my pics because I haven't figured out how to capture the true definition in my abs and arms. Kind of difficult with self timer and holding camera with one hand.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    In person, I take my pants off a lot. It's much better, trust me.
    lol, I bet.