Readers?

Options
13»

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here on Good Reads? I am and keep track of my books so if you're on Good Reads we can friend one another there too and get recommendations.

My favorite books are (in no particular order):
    Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
    A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
    The Chimney Sweepers Boy by Barbara Vine

There are a few series books that are very good.
    Haunted Ground, Lake of Sorrows and False Mermaid by Erin Hart
    The Crossing Places, Janus Stone and The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths
    and about 10 books by P J Parrish about Louis Kincaid. The series starts with The Dark of the Moon.

Hello fellow goodread-er!! I'm on there as well and have over 25 books on my to-read list, and about 70 books at home. Currently I'm reading the 19th wife, a blunt look into polygamy and the latter-day saints. It is a beautifully written novel!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward. All happy endings.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Paula by Isabel Allende.

Edit to say: certainly not a "happy" one. I have never cried and laughed so hard when reading a book.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Oh, another good one. This one had a real impact on my own writing life.
    The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here on Good Reads? I am and keep track of my books so if you're on Good Reads we can friend one another there too and get recommendations.

My favorite books are (in no particular order):
    Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
    A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
    The Chimney Sweepers Boy by Barbara Vine

There are a few series books that are very good.
    Haunted Ground, Lake of Sorrows and False Mermaid by Erin Hart
    The Crossing Places, Janus Stone and The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths
    and about 10 books by P J Parrish about Louis Kincaid. The series starts with The Dark of the Moon.

Just logged on to Good Reads, I think it's my new obsession, thank you thank you!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My favorite book of all time is Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Stephen King's Dark Tower series, if it please ya (DT slang).

^ This.

Also really enjoyed Game of Thrones. Currently in the throes of a historical novel obsession (think Tudor-period England, don't really know what suddenly kicked this off), worked my way from Henry VI to Elizabeth I in the last couple of weeks (including both sides of War of the Roses), still going!

Additionally: Neil Gaiman - American Gods.
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    My Sister's Keeper
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Stephen King's Dark Tower series, if it please ya (DT slang).

^ This.

Also really enjoyed Game of Thrones. Currently in the throes of a historical novel obsession (think Tudor-period England, don't really know what suddenly kicked this off), worked my way from Henry VI to Elizabeth I in the last couple of weeks (including both sides of War of the Roses), still going!

Additionally: Neil Gaiman - American Gods.

I'm a sucker for the older ones too, really excited to start Game of Thrones, (long waiting list ;(
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Really love anything by Barbara Kingsolver - between "The Lacuna" and "Prodigal Summer".

If you like this author, you should really read "The Poisonwood Bible" as well. Excellent read! And, she is from my home state as well. :)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games series, Twilight series, Fifty Shades of Grey series, Heaven is for Real, Thirst series by Christopher Pike, The Kite Runner
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    ''She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. That book changed my life.
    "Lucky" by Alice Sebold shook me in a way that a book never had before.
    I'm currently reading "We Need To Talk ABout Kevin" and am really enjoying it.