How do you know when a first date went well?

Options

Replies

• RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    That American dating system is so confusing. Try the British system where you meet someone, go to bed, get jiggy then pluck up the courage to ask them on a date over bacon and eggs in the morning.

I concur. I think I need to move...:drinker:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I do know that my date was in LA. I was just wondering the plausibility of the story about meeting his friend.
    What the hell, dude? You just met this guy and you're already suspecting him of lying about simple things like this?
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When it's 14 years later and I'm married with two kids. I guess it was alright.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    all things sound promising, but he should have said he would have to cut it short up front.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    No no, if there was pity the first hug would've been enough. I say the second hug was a reassurance, or maybe he just wanted to feel your arms around him again. Two and a half hours talking and two (I assume) great hugs, makes a wonderful first date!

He left you wanting more didn't he..? Sounds promising to me...
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    'he told me'
    You were on a date with another guy.............................right?!?

So what?
    Just checking to make sure I had it right. I'll leave you to it............!!

way to make yourself sound like a complete asshat! Ugh youre gross.

OP, I def wouldn't stay with someone long after the bill is given if I didnt like them. Always give themthe benefitof the doubt, you are still new to him and he probably truly wanted to hang with a old buddy. Shoot him off a text and see how it is received, good luck sweetie! xoxo

** I guess his rude comment got deleted, thank goodness!!**
  • croberson8711
    Options
    'he told me'
    You were on a date with another guy.............................right?!?

So what?
    Just checking to make sure I had it right. I'll leave you to it............!!

way to make yourself sound like a complete asshat! Ugh youre gross.

OP, I def wouldn't stay with someone long after the bill is given if I didnt like them. Always give themthe benefitof the doubt, you are still new to him and he probably truly wanted to hang with a old buddy. Shoot him off a text and see how it is received, good luck sweetie! xoxo

** I guess his rude comment got deleted, thank goodness!!**

asshat...that just made my morning! And I agree, it sounds like it went really well so the friend thing is probably legit. Hope it works out, keep us posted! :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I wake up dehydrated in the previous night's clothes?
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it went great! When it's hard to leave and hard to stop talking, it is a really good sign. The last first date I ever had lasted 14 hours (we wern't naughty, I swear!!). We just couldn't stop talking. That was 3 years ago and my husband and I haven't been apart since :) I wish you the same happiness!!
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Well from the way I'm picturing it from your description is that yes it did and your date likes you! Couldn't imagine someone going in for a second hug with someone they didn't want to :)
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I do know that my date was in LA. I was just wondering the plausibility of the story about meeting his friend.
    What the hell, dude? You just met this guy and you're already suspecting him of lying about simple things like this?

It's LA. I think he probably has cause to at least recognize the possibility :)

It really depends on the guy, though. Keep lines of communication open without looking needy and neurotic and you should get a better feel for how he thought the date went.
  • croberson8711
    Options

It's LA. I think he probably has cause to at least recognize the possibility :)

It really depends on the guy, though. Keep lines of communication open without looking needy and neurotic and you should get a better feel for how he thought the date went.

Yeah, don't be a Carrie Bradshaw about it (quite possibly the most irritating TV character EVER), but definitely keep communication lines open. Like we all said though, it sounds like it went well!

And yeah, in LA it's hard to know who to trust so being weary is going to happen.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sex...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it went fine. Send him a text telling him you had a good time.
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options

Well suspecting of lying is a bit strong. I don't really consider making excuses to prevent hurting another person by telling the truth to be really lying.
  • ideliver
    ideliver Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is being positive, but if I didn't know in advance that he had to leave, I'd be unimpressed and wouldn't be asking for a second date. But I'm a big b#tch. Let him come to you.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ When you never want the night to end .... Sigh ~
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    I know everyone is being positive, but if I didn't know in advance that he had to leave, I'd be unimpressed and wouldn't be asking for a second date. But I'm a big b#tch. Let him come to you.

LOL I hear ya. I should point out that on parting we did discuss meeting again sometime next weekend. Though of course that needn't mean anything either.
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    Ok. Lets put it this way...

If it were a BAD date and it lasted 2.5 hours, you would KNOW it, right? So...
    This /\