Shocking!!!

Options
zsaoosh
zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
What were some things you were shocked to find out since you have started? For me:
1. How ignorant my thinking was that I can eat anything as long as I work out, which I didnt even do that :blushing:
2. Pickles have no calories
3. My body fat %:noway:
4. How supportive my fiancée is
5. I realized just how addicted I am to ice cream

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    That most of the foods I liked before, I can still have
    That there are way more foods out there than I thought
    That I actually have a collar bone
    That I also have a rib cage
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That's not true. They don't have many, and they often show up as zero calories due to the small serving size.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's not true. They don't have many, and they often show up as zero calories due to the small serving size.
    I know that, but it still shows up as zero for the serving size I have so it counts :happy:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    1) I was shocked by how off my idea of calories was, I really had noooo idea. (but now I totally understand why I was how I was)
    2) Shocked by how much I actually enjoyed exercise once I finally found things that suited me,
    3) Shocked and amazed when I finally experienced the endorphin high! (which I thought was Total BS before LOL)
    4) I was shocked but how much harder my journey has been, I honestly though It would be much much faster and easier (I'm a gainer)
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    That my boobs get smaller. (small to start with!)
    I didnt know how big I was until everyone started saying " Oh my gosh you lost ssssoooo much weight"
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    At what the actual serving size for a lot of foods is..way less than I was having before...
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at how many calories are in Bleu Cheese Dressing!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    At what the actual serving size for a lot of foods is..way less than I was having before...

This!
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    That I could actually run/jog
    That I get runners high every time I go out for a run.
    That I like working out
    If I don't work out I feel guilty
    I like fueling my body, not stuffing it with crap
    I don't need to sleep or eat as much
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I found out eliminating certain foods make me feel crappy and bloated when I reintroduce them in my diet. They will DEF be avoided.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Mine was:

I couldf do this. After so many years of excuses, when I ate right I did lose weight.
    I could lift weights

Ceasar salad is not good for me?:sad:

Portion sizes. Beyond that, I was satisfied WITH that portion size.

Even skinny, my spouse did not show me attention.

Again all those years of thinking all my problems would be solved with weightloss. Haha. I did feel 100% better physically and mentally, though.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I was shocked when I found out how much sodium I was taking in each day. Also by increasing my caloric intake has helped me to shed a few pounds and not feel hungry at nights.
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    1.) That a serving size is a lot smaller than what I thought it was.
    2.) Once I get the motivation to workout, I LOVE it.
    3.) I love the feeling of sore muscles!
    4.) When I eat good foods, I actually have energy!
  • slcook7
    slcook7 Posts: 1
    Options
    1: Seeing my picture and the weight I've gained.
    2: How much I've allowed my serving size to grow!
    3: I found such a great site and it's free!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

1) The calories in 'healthy' foods - like nuts etc - check your portions people!!
    2) Not due to dieting etc, but I discovered along my journey I have celiac disease so I had to go gluten free
    3) Being gluten free is a really healthy diet when you don't eat the gluten free 'alternatives' (i.e. bread). Just swap what you eat and enjoy real food
    4) Cottage cheese is yum!
    5) I like exercise (mostly).
    6) I can run!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That my boobs get smaller. (small to start with!)
    I didnt know how big I was until everyone started saying " Oh my gosh you lost ssssoooo much weight"

Mine disappeared! I went from an E cup to an A!
  • RachelleMarie88
    Options
    I was shocked to find out

Even though I loathed it my entire life, how addicting and rewarding exercise can actually be
    How even making the smallest changes sometimes have the biggest impact
    How proud of myself I am for actually setting a weight loss goal and actually coming close to achieving it!
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    1) I have no idea what will satisfy me. I always think way too large when simple things will suffice.

2) I'm so used to overeating to the point of physical pain that I do it without thinking. I was absolutely shocked to find myself in the middle of a meal, stuffing myself sick while making excuses as to why I had to finish it.

3) I'm capable of a lot when I actually try.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was shocked when I found out how much sodium I was taking in each day. Also by increasing my caloric intake has helped me to shed a few pounds and not feel hungry at nights.

Ooh ooh, yes this! I went to Red Lobster and ordered 'healthy'. Came home to log and I had over 3000 mg of Sodium:noway: No you read correctly, 3000
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    That I'm addicted to exercising.

That I'm happier then I have been in years

That the one person I thought would support me the most has not.