How do you just have ONE??

Options
124»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Easy. Break your foot, so getting even to the fridge takes major effort!:laugh: And yup, in plaster as I type.

But really I wish I knew. Sometimes I very happy with a small scoop of B&J frozen yoghurt, other times the full pint can vanish before I notice.:embarassed:

I do know that I CANNOT have cheese on the house. I can hear it calling to me from the fridge until I cave & eat it.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Before I eat it, I log it, and then I take a look at my end-of-day totals. If I like what I see, I'll have the treat. If it makes my totals awful, I'm more likely to feel good about NOT indulging. :)

^^^This
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When I want something I usually can be satisfied with just a taste. If I eat slowly and really focus on the taste hold it in my mouth for a minute and savor the taste. It also helps to drink a full glass of water before I eat. Eat something healthy first before you even go out you are less likely to lose control if your stomachs is full.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm a habitual eater in the sense that I'll have something, say a string cheese, then when I get up to throw the wrapper away, I'm like "That tasted really good... maybe just one more..." Then I end up eating like 4! So frustrating! Happens with good food, bad food, ice cream, popsicles EVERYTHING! So frustrating!

Oh my, I find this so ironic! I attend to overeat/binge on the more healthier items than I do the not so healthy foods. For example, I have a pint of chocolate ice cream in my freezer, that has been there for a few days now and I have eaten 1/4 of eat. I had enough calories leftover to eat the entire pint, but just a 1/2 cup was more than enough. Now when it comes to watermelon or cherries, I can eat an entire watermelon or one pound of cherries without blinking.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i dont evn have just one bite. thats how, i cant stop when i start so why even try to torture myself.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I look at the calories beforehand and decide if it's worth it. I have also found that I'm still satisfied by a serving size or a mini blizzard so it's not that hard anymore to choose the smaller quantity.
  • npetercmway
    Options
    Before I eat it, I log it, and then I take a look at my end-of-day totals. If I like what I see, I'll have the treat. If it makes my totals awful, I'm more likely to feel good about NOT indulging. :)

Totally do this ^^ or I will go for an extra walk to compensate. Most times I will just let it go or choose a smaller cal. treat. (or healthy one) It takes practice and deciding that my health is more important than a momentary treat. That is what works for me.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not hungry. That's the easiest way, for me.

If I'm already pretty full of good, healthy food, then even if I *wanted* to eat the whole large Blizzard or whatever, I'd feel so sick after a few bites, that I wouldn't be able to.

However, if I"m hungry, and I haven't made plans to make good choices beforehand, then it's way too easy to eat the whole thing and regret it later.

I just plan to allow for the smallest size of whatever, or one or two pieces of candy or something - and then make sure I've filled up on healthy food beforehand. Then I know that if I still want that treat - I CAN have it, but I'm unlikely to want more than I've budgeted for anyway.
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    smaller sizes i am a frugal person but will spend more on serving size portions of my fav chips (baked lays bbq) so i dont get the whole big bag