5'0-5'1 girls! Come together!

Options

Replies

• WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    " I'm 5'0" in the morning. (In the afternoon I'm a bit shorter lol) " I'd like to be 120-130. Less than 120 and I don't feel strong, but that's just me
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WTH
  • BabsPerl
    BabsPerl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 4'9" and I have heard that all the calculations that are used for BMI and such cannot apply to use small folks ... along with the limit of 1200 calories a day. I'm 82lbs and on the BMI scale, I'm underweight ... NO I'm a perfect weight. I was once up to 97 (my heaviest) and I agree: any small amount of weight looks HUGE on us. Any advice I can give I can try. I am under the care of a nutritionist and have learned so much AND it affirmed to me I was right about a few things. :)

I totally changed the way I ate (not so much as to WHAT) and the weight just came off. My thing was though, I wasn't trying necessarily to lose weight (for medical reasons I had to change it). I live by one major rule: eat 1 fist full or whatever and if you are not hungry in 2 hours, you ate too much. I NEVER starve myself. Once I am hungry, I eat because if you starve yourself, your body will hold onto those fat cells because it doesn't know when the next meal will come.

It is hard to do that at first because friends and family normally eat three meals a day and they are traditional breakfast/lunch/dinner meals. Throw THAT idea out the window.
  • neptuneiscrashingdown
    Options
    I'm 5'0"
    I'm 16
    Current weight: 115
    Goal weight: 100-105
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    5 foot and a half inch :) goal weight is 115
  • SheCanSheWill
    SheCanSheWill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, my names AvengeRosco I'm 20 yrs old and 5"1, I'm new so feel free to add me!!
    At my heaviest when I was 15 I would say I was 161 lbs.. So I looked like a chubby meatball.
    my current weight is 135 lbs
    my goal weight is 125 lbs
    my ultimate goal weight is 118 lbs
    Eating clean is new for me so wish me Luck :)
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm 5' 3/4".....I'm 27 (in like 2 1/2 wks!) and i have 2 kids (6yrs 4mons and 3 yrs 9mons).
    SW was 107 lbs (48.5 kg)
    CW ~104 lbs (47.17 kg- fluctuates throughout the day slightly)....

I've been at this for the past 5 months......started May 1st or so.

i don't really know what my goal weight should be...i'm not going below 100 lbs (45.3 kg), last time i did i looked really Ill. However, due to medical reasons i can't have my weight ABOVE 110 lbs (48.89 kg) or it's too much of a strain on my body.

Honestly, i just want to tone my mid section that was ruined by the pregnancies, and tone my stomach. If i loose a couple lbs or so than awesome, if not....whatever....as long as i dont go past my Doctors Recommended weight.
  • minitwist
    Options
    just starting here
    am 5'1

highest wt: 122 ish?
    lowest: 93 (when i was a student about 3.5 years ago- i used to complain to my Dr. that i couldnt put on wt. so had to drink BOOST. oh the irony.....)

now: 118
    goal: 105

its interesting that the 1200kcal limit cant be applied to petite people - sometimes i have trouble even eating that much although i LOVE food esp when its drenched in butter...and cream.... ;)
    but otherwise it feels like im eating for the sake of eating to get to that 1200 benchmark.

im pretty much the definition of skinny-fat - i shudder to think about my body fat %. I cant run longer than 2 minutes without huffing and puffing but i can walk a fair ways with a 20lb backpack before i give up (ie. 2-3 miles - just did the Washington Mall last week....)

I'm more interested in loosing inches rather than JUST wt, because then i'll be less squishy. that would be good.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello, Yes I'm 5'1-5'2" ish... lol, with similar goals! Join with me on this journey if you'd like!!
  • jel1512
    Options
    I am 5ft 1/2" and coming up to 52yrs of age. I started on here due to an underactive thyroid at 133lbs I am now quite happy to be at 110lbs. But could still do with a bit of toning. If I can do it, so can you :-) All the best.
  • AshleighTaylorXOXO
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm at 147 lbs. My goal is to be around 135 for now and then maybe go lower. However, I'm more concerend with inches and my BF%. I'm at 28% and wanna get to about 22%. I have a curvier frame and don't wanna look "too skinny", ya know? Feel free to add me if you have similar stats! :D
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 43 yrs

SW 265
    CW 254
    GW 115

I have a long way to go, but I'm on the right track. I haven't had one fried piece of ANYTHING in a month and one day.
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 21, and just joined.

SW: 126 (and weirdly can push through any exercise, but am super flabby)
    GW: 115 (and more toned)

I'm looking for motivation buddies! Feel free to add me!
  • Mrsnelson2004
    Options
    ok, I am 5 feet and 1/2 inches tall. I'm trying to figure out if that is considered 5'0 or 5'1. 5-10 lbs makes a big difference. I have always wanted to be a healthy weight and I started out at 210 I am now 133, I think for both, I need to be 128 although my dr.'s office tells me that I am a healthy weight. According to the charts, I should be 100-123, I believe they put as the highest on other charts. I am happy now, but I'll be happier when I enter my weight in and see the green. My BMI is 25. Let me know what you think.
  • brey1986
    brey1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Heyy =]
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!!!!!!!!!
    I am also pretty short..like 5'3/4 and Im sorta confused on "ideal weight" seems like I keep seeing 116? but i've seen it go as low as 97. I was up to 189 and now am 129, have gone as low as 122, and on my frame I could tell I was close but not there yet. I think im going to shoot for 110 and see how that goes. Maybe i'll get to 116 and realize that it really is enough...you know what big difference 5 lbs makes on us short ones! lol
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft8, 27 yrs old, and have a very very small frame. I am pretty much where I want to be after 3 kids...now just want to tone and get rid of the c/section pouch the best I can!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and happy where I am at. My weight seems to fluctuate between 100 and 102.
  • lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, could be 5'4 with the right shoes! :-) I'm currently at 125, but would like to get to 115. Feel free to add me!
  • lisamgesner
    lisamgesner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Finally us short girls coming together! I'm 5'1, currently hovering between 116-118 depending on the day, my goal weight is 110.

Anyone have any health/fitness tips? I find it so much harder to lose weight than my taller friends.
  • carriegarite
    carriegarite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-1" and my goal is 130. I'm 35 with kids so this goal is appropriate for me. :smile:
  • Jenikki322
    Options
    Hi!! Well, I'm 5'1 and some change.. And I currently weigh in at 179 lbs. :( Yep, but my goal weight currently is to get around 135 lbs. Although I'm looking to lose lbs, I'm more looking to reduce in size so my goal is to fit in 5/6 jeans. Maybe smaller if I can make it! :)