119lbs Lost 74.5 Since September Picture heavy

Options

Replies

• MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Inspirational, as always! We are both so close to our goals, that I can taste it. And it tastes better than anything I could ever eat! lol. So, glad we met. You have such a great attitude, that is infectious. My journey has been all the better having travelled it with you. :flowerforyou:
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly well in such a relatively short space of time. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Inspirational, as always! We are both so close to our goals, that I can taste it. And it tastes better than anything I could ever eat! lol. So, glad we met. You have such a great attitude, that is infectious. My journey has been all the better having travelled it with you. :flowerforyou:

:blushing: You are so sweet! I consider you as my MFP twin and probably best bud, I relate so much to you! You are also one of my biggest inspirations on here. Love ya girl! :happy:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    You've done amazingly well in such a relatively short space of time. Congratulations and keep it up!

Thank you, I'm pretty proud of myself, but I don't think 2 years off and on is all that short, felt like it took forever. These last 10-15lbs will probably be the hardest to get off.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    My story:

Started weight: 250lbs
    Restart weight: 205.5lbs
    Current weight: 131lbs
    Goal weight: 115-120lbs (which ever I like best)
    Ultimate body image achieved weight: 130
    Height: 5'3

My story has been around on this site so long now but I'll go ahead and cover it all.

Started MFP 2 years ago, closer to 3 year's ago, it was in late 2009, I lost the access information for that account and didn't feel like trying to find it, so I made this account. Started this account I believe in Feb of 2011. In September of 2011 is when I really pushed to start all this. Let's back up to 2009. I was 250lbs and in complete denial of my weight. What I seen in the mirror and what was really there, were 2 totally different things. I seen a girl who was chunky but not fat, a girl who was mildly obese not morbidly obese. I did not believe how big I was till I saw a photo of myself, than I thought the girl who took the photo just put my face on someone elses body and some how photo shopped 3 chins to me. I refused to believe it was me.

I'm a mother of 2 and have had 2 c-sections

250lb.jpg

Early 2010 I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I thought "Oh freaking great, if I really am 250lbs I'm gonna be 300 after this is over with." Well little did I know I was a diabetic, I knew before I was pregnant I was a diabetic but I refused to get tested so I didn't really know, ya know? Stupid me that's all that was. Well I get tested for Gestational diabetes in first trimester because my dad is a diabetic. Sure enough I had it. I thought my world was flipped upside down. It was a real blessing to be honest. I lost 70lbs in my pregnancy, because for the first time in my life I put myself first and took care of myself before everyone else, and my unborn child. I believe I did it for her more than I did it for myself. Either way it came off and after she was born I put 25.5lbs of it back on. Looking in the mirror seeing it, all I wanted to do is dig a hole and not let the world see me. I hated how I looked I hate everything there was about me. I remembered how great I did under doctor care, I remembered how it felt to get that support and the "Well done, great job" from them. I needed that. So I begged my husband to let me go see a weight loss doctor. I felt I couldn't do it without someone pushing me and guiding me. So I started seeing him in September of 2011.

This was the day before I went to see the weight loss doctor.
    205.jpg

I first thought the man was off his chain, he did blood work and other things, we also found out that the reason my hair is falling out and I'm so tired and feel faint like sometimes, and the reason
    I am always short of breath (I thought it was over weight thing)the reason I bruse so easily, get dizzy all the time and my periods would last nearly 2 weeks, was because I have a b12 deficiency. So I get a b12 shot once a week with my weekly visit. It's helped with so much. No I do not think it helped me with my weight loss but it has helped me with my energy and my hair doesn't fall out like it did. Periods are straighten out, instead of nearly 2 weeks, its about 4-5 days. I no longer feel faint like or dizzy. Everything seems better. When he told me that I needed 1200 calories and to not eat back my workout calories, I thought he was off his chain. I said "Ok" but for the first month I didn't listen to him, I came on MFP and followed MFP's guidlines for me and ate back my workout calories, that didn't work I gained, so decided to just eat 1200 and eat back my workout calories. Did that for a month and gained. So I quit eating back my calories and I have lost.

Since Sept 2011, I have lost 74.5 lbs. I have not hit a plateu. I thought I did, but I didn't, I started reading around on the forum and trying to follow the advice of others and tried upping my calories and I stopped losing and stopped gaining. So I was stuck, but than I decided to go back to 1200 and it's moving and hasn't stopped moving. I now lose between 1 and 2 pounds a week. Once in awhile I won't even lose a pound. It just depends on how my week has been. This is proof that not everyone can eat back their workout calories and not everyone can eat more to weigh less. If that were so than I should have never had weigh issues lol. I use to consume a lot of calories before I lost weight. Anyways, my workout started out with just walking and zumba, than I started doing 30 day shred.Than I did some yoga, now I jog and Monday I'm starting p90. I have gained some noticable muscles. So again the "You can't gain lean muscle on 1200 calories and not eating back your workout calories" is bolonie. I am not saying it works for everyone but it works for me. I believe we are all created differently and all our metabolisms run differently.

arms1.jpg

Here is me after pregnancy with my daughter

798.jpg

3.jpg

change.jpg

fat2skn.jpg

feb-may.jpg

morechange.jpg

sexydress.jpg

fda.jpg

Yup that's about it... Question's?

If you add me to your friends I don't mind adding new people but please read my profile and please leave a message on the request.

WOW!!!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    Congrats girl! You look amazing!! I am so proud of you!!! Best wishes in reaching your ultimate goal.
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! you look absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

I have been on MFP since March...was doing weight watchers before. Ive been doing the 1200 cal and seem to have hit a plateau stuck at 130 - 132...My goal weight is 125...SOOOO CLOSE but I just cant seem to get there! I was told to up my cals so I went up to 1400 about 2 weeks ago and still not 129 on the scale = )

So you went back down to 1200 cals??

AGAIN you look AMAZING!! Congrats on your weight loss! :happy:
  • fitmrssmith
    fitmrssmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Reading your story gave me motivation. Thank you.
  • howe60
    howe60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow. It's my first day and read your story. You really are an inspiration.
    You looked cute in the cat photo as well though he he
    Josie x
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Bump for future motivation. TY
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Thank you, I'm pretty proud of myself, but I don't think 2 years off and on is all that short, felt like it took forever. These last 10-15lbs will probably be the hardest to get off.

You look wonderful. Just keep doing what you are doing. People hummm? They can be so rude sometimes. The problem is they want to do it, but simply wont or cant do what you are doing. Hold your head high and strut your stuff girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    119 FREAKIN POUNDS!? that is simply amazing. you must be so incredibly proud of yourself... if i saw the picture of you right before you saw your doctor, and then the current one, without being on this website/knowing you lost so much weight, i would have NEVER thought it was the same person. it's so great you took control of your health! CONGRATS!!! :smile:
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF.... THIS RESULT IS TRULY LIFECHANGING AND OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS... AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY....
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    That is awesome!!! you look absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

I have been on MFP since March...was doing weight watchers before. Ive been doing the 1200 cal and seem to have hit a plateau stuck at 130 - 132...My goal weight is 125...SOOOO CLOSE but I just cant seem to get there! I was told to up my cals so I went up to 1400 about 2 weeks ago and still not 129 on the scale = )

So you went back down to 1200 cals??

AGAIN you look AMAZING!! Congrats on your weight loss! :happy:

Yes my goal is set to 1220.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    You look amazing. Reading your story gave me motivation. Thank you.

Thank you hon :)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Congrats girl! You look amazing!! I am so proud of you!!! Best wishes in reaching your ultimate goal.

Thank you :)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Wow. It's my first day and read your story. You really are an inspiration.
    You looked cute in the cat photo as well though he he
    Josie x

Haha, thanks I look at that photo and cringe, I sometimes can't believe that was ever me...
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

You look wonderful. Just keep doing what you are doing. People hummm? They can be so rude sometimes. The problem is they want to do it, but simply wont or cant do what you are doing. Hold your head high and strut your stuff girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol thank you... It's not that anyone "Can't" it's that they don't think they can, and in that mind frame people won't do it. It's a mind game and once you tell your mind to shut up and just do it, anyone can do it. I seen a video that was on this site, of a man crippled and yet he did it and after working hard he is no longer crippled, talk about motivation and inspiring.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    119 FREAKIN POUNDS!? that is simply amazing. you must be so incredibly proud of yourself... if i saw the picture of you right before you saw your doctor, and then the current one, without being on this website/knowing you lost so much weight, i would have NEVER thought it was the same person. it's so great you took control of your health! CONGRATS!!! :smile:

Thank you, I have shared my story with a few people I work with and showed them my photo's and they swear it's not me, I have to point out the scar on my right arm lol.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF.... THIS RESULT IS TRULY LIFECHANGING AND OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS... AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY....

Thanks, I am very proud :) I'm proud of all my friends who are doing it and my family who are now doing it as well. It's so not easy but so worth it :D I think the best part for me is the new attention and hearing I inspired people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!