So, Gave up Diet Coke, what do I drink now??

Options

Replies

• Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i was a soda FEEN !
    Fiend.

sorry, didn't know this was english class.

This is the internet. Class is always in session!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    drink sparkling flavoured waters from supermarkets - the ones that are supermarket own lemon and lime sparkling water or other flavours - only 40p a litre and taste lovely - all different flavours and tastes and all barely any calories in. i need my fizzy.
    plus its much better for you than diet coke as it doesnt have as much of the rubbish in - its just spruced up water. morrisons' pear and elderflower is a personal fave :)
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Water with fresh fruits- lime, lemon, orange, strawberry, kiwi etc
    Sparkling water with fruit
    Milk
    Smoothies
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    but if you must need caffeine, try an energy drink.

Why would you recommend this to someone that wants to quit drinking diet soda?

"Hi guys, I'm trying to quit smoking cigars"

"HAVE SOME CIGARETTES!"

oh you're giving up smoking? TAKE SOME CRACK
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda back in January. Now when I get stressed out I grab vodka!

hee hee hee...
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    i was a soda FEEN !
    Fiend.

LOL! Glad someone else is as ballsy enough to correct spelling & grammar :P
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite things to drink is iced tea without sugar. certain flavors work perfectly as iced and seem sweet even though they aren't, for example blueberry or peach.

i also love love love carbonated water. the thing i was addicted to with soda was the bubbles. the sugar was secondary. now i get the bubbles without the sugar. win: win!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea, water, anything! as long as you get over the slump, you'll stop thinking about it and caring entirely. trust me, i've been obsessed with it for the majority of my lifetime, sometimes i would drink 5 of them a day and not even bat an eyelash. now we still have a bunch of it in the house, and i just don't even think about it.
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    Water :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Real coke?
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I quit soda because of the phosphoric acid and the sodium content. Caffeine and I won't part anytime soon.

I drink mostly tea sweetened with Equal/SweetNLow and I'll add some Tovani sugar-free vanilla syrup as a kick. The ClearChoice flavored water from WalMart is a good source as well....no sodium added.

If I HAVE to, then I'll drink straight up water. :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i was a soda FEEN !
    Fiend.

sorry, didn't know this was english class.

don't be sore; be grateful someone told you so you don't do it again. :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    DiHydrogen Oxide
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Water junkie here! I add lemon juice (it has been fresh, but I am sick of squeezing lemons lol). I do have diet coke occasionally. I love green tea, hot or iced. I would recommend avoiding adding too many of any flavoring packets to your water, try to have some plain or with lemon/lime juice. There are chemicals in all of those packets of Crystal Light, Mios, etc etc.

You can do it!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. Breakfast (and lunch and dinner) of champions!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda back in January. Now when I get stressed out I grab vodka!

hee hee hee...

Fantastic Plan! I only drink Diet coke with Rum.... Oh wait, maybe that was counter productive
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i am the same. i am TRYING to quit soda, but coffee and tea are out. i like the fruity flavored fizzy water. perrier has versions with lemon, lime or grapefruit (i think the lime one has an initial taste like fruit loops!)
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mio
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You guys who are suggesting the 0-calorie flavored waters - they are sweetened with ASPARTAME which is what OP is trying to avoid. Crystal Light is usually aspartame as well. Some of the flavored waters are sweetened with Neotame which is just Aspartame hiding under a different name. Equal is also aspartame.

To OP:
    After quitting aspartame, I weaned myself off of caffeine altogether by reducing my soda intake gradually over a few weeks. When I finally hit withdrawal, it only lasted maybe 6 hours instead of a week-long nightmare. Now that I'm off caffeine, I drink mostly ice cold water and love it AND crave it!

The best thing about getting off a caffeine addiction is that now when I do put a sugared soda in my calorie budget, I get the "benefit" of the awakeness buzz from it once again. Before, I could literally drink a soda and go to bed... now I'm awake for at least 6 hours or I have restless sleep if I do try, so I only have them in the morning/afternoon now.

Unsweetened tea is also supposed to be good. I am still learning to like it. :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

hee hee hee...

Fantastic Plan! I only drink Diet coke with Rum.... Oh wait, maybe that was counter productive

Oh I drink the rum good and plenty, just gave up eating to do it lol