why gain while lost inches?

2»

Replies

• JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    I am doing cardio every other and strength training on the other days.
  • The exercise you have done this week have allowed your body to loose inches and fat, but you have gain muscles mass which is heavier that fat mass. It's perfectly normal!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
  • brianjackdixon
    brianjackdixon Posts: 20 Member
    weight isnt as important as waist size so be happy GREAT JOB LAST WEEK>

Second you probably gained muscle which is even better because muscle is the only thing in your body that can burn fat so if your waist is shrinking and your weight is staying the same you have lost fat and gained muscle meaning in the future weeks you can even burn more fat.

CONGRATS dont be upset I went thru the same thing and my nutrition and trainer explained it all to me.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    if you just started working out, chances are you are retaining water while your muscles repair ..

This! You cannot gain muscle in one week....and muscle does not weigh more than fat!:noway:
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    If you're noticing inches off, but gaining weight, then you're gaining muscle. It could also be water retention, a weird food day, ect. As long as you see inches coming off, your weight shouldn't be a problem. You're doing it right :]
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    For a while I had the same concern. I was working so hard but seeing little result on the scale. I posted about the same issue this morning - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626990-progress-pics-for-short-women-with-20-pounds-or-less-to-lose. I know my height may not relate but the whole issue around the scale DOES! I agree with the above posters - the scale is not your friend. Track other things like you are doing - measurements; body fat % is another. How your clothes fit is another.

The fact that you can see a 2 inch loss in a week is a huge testament to your efforts. Keep it up! Keep checking in with MFP to get continued information and encouragement.
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Here are just a few things I got from reading on line.

"If you're doing cardio and strength training, you may build lean muscle tissue at the same time you're losing fat. In that case, the scale may not change even though you're getting leaner and slimmer."

Go by how your clothes fit. If they fit more loosely, you know you're on the right track .

Take your measurements to see if you're losing inches.

Your weight isn't the only measure of your success.

Everyone body is different and you just have to give it time. The more you workout the better the result are. Just remain positive and things will work out for you.