Healthy Snacks

Options
13»

Replies

• Momof81977
    Options
    I mix cool whip and PB when I get cravings for something other than fruits n veggies. :)
  • mss_anthropy
    mss_anthropy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    pineapple chobani (greek yogurt) so good..... and baked tortilla chips and salsa.... low cal and tasty
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'd second the twister ice lolly. You can get mini ones with 45 calories each which is fab because it really satisfies my sugar craving. There is also Walls mini milks which are bigger and have around 90ish calories and also a lot of calcium in them too. Unless you're in the UK I don't think you can get them though.

Mini milks are actually 30 calories each, not 90, which is even better. Even if you got through the box of 12, that is 360 calories.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Apples
    strawberries
    pears
    apple rice cakes
    marmite rice cakes
    nakd wholefood bars
    apple crings (baked apple chips)
    hard boiled eggs
    pistachios
    greek yoghurt
    feta/stilton cheese ( I am good with only having a small chunk)
    light mozzarella
    green & black organic hot chocolate
    roasted chickpeas

sadly, I seem to gain weight with popcorn so have to avoid that.
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips
    Hummus with pretzel thins
    Light string cheese with some fruit (the Crunch Pac Organic apple slices from Costco are really convenient)
    Honey Cinnamon Almonds from Target (I have to count them out or it's easy to eat too many)
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies or Edy's blueberry acai fruit bars if I'm really craving sweets
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kale chips might fall into the veggie category, but they're so good. I just discovered them a couple weeks ago. There are tons of flavors. A brand called Brad's Raw Chips makes chips from other stuff too, like beets - I haven't tried that, but I was impressed by the kale so I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Special K chips - sea salt - I will do about 15 chips with 2 TBSP. of the Great Value Lime and Garlic salsa for like 85 calories.

Another crunchy snack I love to eat is about 8 rice crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese for about 90 calories.

Don't knock a mini bag of M & M's to satisfy a chocolate craving for just 70 calories.

100 calorie bag of almonds.

String Cheese

Protein Bars -right now I am enjoying Designer whey chocolate.
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    I have been snacking on jalapenos lately. :) But i'd agree with Hummus as a great snack since most don't snack on peppers. LOL
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    Kale chips might fall into the veggie category, but they're so good. I just discovered them a couple weeks ago. There are tons of flavors. A brand called Brad's Raw Chips makes chips from other stuff too, like beets - I haven't tried that, but I was impressed by the kale so I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.

Seconded! But I can't find kale chips around here that cost less than $9/bag, so I make my own. Cut up the leaves, toss with a bit of oil and seasoning (I just use himalayan salt but some people use bbq spice mixes, Old Bay, etc.), and place in the oven. If you can go "low and slow", they would take about 30-40 mins at 200 degrees (or use a dehydrator). A quicker method is 15 mins at 350 degrees. Be careful, the point when it gets perfectly crispy and when it burns is a very very fine line. :)
  • sandra_13
    Options
    bump for later