Any Single Moms Trying to Get Fit??!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jaemie99
    jaemie99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a single mom to a very active 4 1/2 year-old boy! I am trying get back into shape too. I am about 8 weeks into Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It's pretty intense, but I am finally beginning to see results.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Single mom with two girls 10 and 13 yrs here.
    Welcome to add me
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Gotta get down to the date weight!
    :)
    :happy:
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom to 2 boys, 12 and 14. I completely agree with the person who said you'd think it'd be easier the older they get. But it doesn't, at least for me, lol. Both are active in sports and between work, school, and my kids I don't have time for much. I'm either having to drop them off, pick them up, or break up a fight between them. All of our family (including their father) lives in another state, I don't really have any friends here so everything we do, we do on our own and I don't have anyone to help out. I usually get up before they do to work out. Plus I know if I wait until afternoon or night to workout I won't do it.

My kids are both on the heavy side even though they're very active. I don't push them to watch their weight but they've been making better choices and I think it helps a lot that I don't buy a lot of the junk I used to. And now we're all trying to be extra active so it really helps me out when I don't feel like doing anything and they bug me enough to take them to the park, lol
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    if anyone has told u guys.... im telling you YOU ARE AWESOME! This is the hardest job ever but we are doing it :)
  • sportschick1980
    Options
    ME! :happy: I'm new here - so I need all the support I can get!

Kim
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Have been a single dad for 4 years. Am happy to be so till the kids grow up. Its difficult to fit in time as I work about 60 hours a week too. Using this has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It has been so easy to fit in because it takes 2 minutes a day to put in the food I have eaten. And because eating less calories than I use means I cannot fail to lose weight I dont need to find time to exercise yet. I will do, I'll need to so I am not just a skinny mess...Once I get down to +2 stone off my ideal weight I will start hitting the gym, thats when the fun will start :)

Good luck to everyone on here single or otherwise.
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of a 5 year old Princess :) I wouldn't trade anyything for the world :love:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Me! But my youngest is 17 so not sure that still counts. I do however understand all the many years of putting the kids first. Now mamma needs some time to take care of herself.
    My advice is not to wait til your kids are grown to start taking care of yourself. You are worth it and your kids deserve a happy and healthy mom.
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mother of a gorgeous 6 year old little girl ---Who is my true inspiration for all things in life :heart: [you'll see her in my ticker]:bigsmile:

Feel free to add me...Love to help motivate and encourage!!!

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Im a single mom of a 19 month old girl. I have been here since January 2012. You can add me if you want.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Me!! I have joint custody of my two kids- 9 and 5 1/2. The weeks I don't have them there is plenty of time to exercise- but sometimes I just enjoy veggie out with no responsibilities. The weeks I do have them it is really hard to fit in exercise time. One way I solved it is to try and do some type of cardio on my lunch break. If I exercise later that is a bonus but if I just can't fit it in at least I got a good 30 minutes in.

I'm new on her so I'm looking to you all for motivation!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mama.. Though to only one child, who's still a little baby :bigsmile:
    You guys rock!
  • amy0975
    amy0975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a 21 month old boy. His father hasn't seen him since he was 10 months old. It's very hard to exercise or have any personal time when you are the only one raising a child. His father doesn't support him either so all of the responsibility falls on my shoulders. Sometimes I get very depressed with all of the stress and lonliness. I decided that I had to get healthy and activeto be around to take care of my son.
  • PeaceLoveMomma
    PeaceLoveMomma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a single mother to a beautiful 3 year old little girl named Bella! Her father ducked out when I was 5 months pregnant, so im seriously alone in this... could definitely use some support! It breaks my heart when she asks me to go outside and help her ride her bike and I cant even get the courage up to walk out the door!