Curly/Wavy haired girls out there!

Options
123457»

Replies

• killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am queen of the HAIR BEAR BUNCH.. I hate it.

Hip length and it flies like a cape.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I actually just found something this weekend, and I am OBSESSED.

It was on pintrest. Go figure. This is more for a beach/pool/on the go kind of style, but I did it for work yesterday, and go lots 'o compliments.

Find ya an empty spray bottle. In said spray bottle, add seasalt, a few drops of olive oil, about 1/4 cup of water, (and I personally added a little lemon juice to help the sun lighten my hair a bit). Shake it up. (Pintrest gave some amounts for the "ingredients", but I was in hurry, and just threw the **** in a bottle...)

When you get out of the water/pool/shower/whatever - comb your hair out, spritz this lovely concoction on, scrunch and air dry.

It is HONESTLY better than anything I ever tried. Screw the smoothing serums. No hard gels that made my hair crispy, or Mousse that didn't really hold, or the "curl defining creams" that make me look like I stuck my finger in a light socket.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Those of you who do not use a towel - what do you do? Mine would be sopping wet dripping all over the place if I just got out of the shower and didn't do *something* with it. My routine is to dry myself off in the shower and then wrap my towel around my head turban-style while I put in my contacts, put on lotion, and do my makeup. Then I take it off and use a wide-toothed "pick" on it before adding whatever anti-frizz stuff I might be using that day.

Am I misreading what you're saying? I don't actively "dry" my hair with the towel - no rubbing - but I do wrap it up to absorb most of the moisture.

Let me know your tricks!

Alot of curlies/wavies try to avoid terry cloth towels as it saps their curls of moisture that it needs. Try using micro fiber cloths or old white tees to dry hair, wrap the hair in the fabric and squeeze. This is also known as plopping and lots of curlies have different methods for it. Good luck
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    Best thing I've ever heard (my hair is so much like yours!) is to forget the cool setting. Diffuse it with hot air on a low air flow, and do it slowly. Put it in place and hold for 45 seconds, then move on. My hair looks GORGEOUS when I do this! Also, I use either frizz ease or moroccan oil plus mousse mixed with curlagizer cream (google it). And only wash it every 3 days, it dries out otherwise.

Thanks for the tips! I will try this!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    QUOTE Alot of curlies/wavies try to avoid terry cloth towels as it saps their curls of moisture that it needs. Try using micro fiber cloths or old white tees to dry hair, wrap the hair in the fabric and squeeze. This is also known as plopping and lots of curlies have different methods for it. Good luck QUOTE

Thank you for the tips - I'd not thought of that, but I do have some micro fiber cloths AND some old t-shirts. I will definitely give that a try. Can't be any worse than my old towels. :D