Turbo Jammers 8/10-8/16

Options

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Wow, first time doing Burn Interval and Ab Burner ... let's just say I really needed that chocolate milk today :laugh:, ouch! I actually had to skimp on a few reps ... good stuff.

One more work night until I actually get a day off, my first in almost two weeks :sick:.

Janet, consider taking photos and measurements. The scale is normally not my friend and hasn't been during most of my journey, but the camera was often the kindest when the scale was being cruel :laugh:.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Checking in with Fat Blaster and BootySculpt and Abs...I've been doing so much CE, it felt great to get back to my TJ roots! :bigsmile:

Mandi, WTG on your work out and hang in there sweetie!! Like Erika said, stick with us and you can do it. :smile: Being part of this thread has been such a big help to me. I joined it back in January and have checked in almost everyday since. It's amazing how the support from the great ladies here keeps me motivated and accountable. It's great to have you with us! :flowerforyou:

Janet, so great to see you! WTG with the dumbells! I have a 2-3 lb range that I seem to go back and forth with too, and I have to be careful with food...I can get really lazy when I've been maintaining for a while and I stop watching my calories as much. :grumble: But,like you, I keep working out and trying to keep my diet a priority. I think Ghanie's idea of taking pics is a good one. Did you take any before pictures? I didn't think there was much change in my body til I looked at the pictures...It made me feel MUCH better! Luv ya girl! :heart:

Casey...amazing job on your workouts as always! And yep...Extreme Abs is EXTREME! :bigsmile:

Ghanie, love Burn and Lean Intervals...great calorie burn!

Hi to everyone I've missed...I can't see the earlier posts, but I'm thinking of you all! Have a great day!
    Megan
  • lose100
    lose100 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I'm excited to be here, and I really think these boards will be a great help! Will check back later! Have a great day! Keep up the great work.

Mandi
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It sounds like we are all having a great Thursday! YAY!:happy:
    I am so happy to at the end of the long workday (and workouts) all of your posts girls! It is very motivating and encouraging! I am so proud of all of us!!!!:drinker:
    Megan-Yea! Way to kick it up with TJ!
    Erica-Don't get discouraged, You're doing wonderful!
    Casey-Thanks for all your great advice! I know rest days are important, I just couldn't sit there and it felt so good doing even just a short workout!:tongue:
    Mandi-Hang in there girlie, it gets easier and we are all here to support one another!:wink:
    Janet-Nice to see you back! I don't know if you have tried..but I've found that by planning all my food/meals out the day before on MFP I don't have that urge to eat anything/anymore than I should:smile:
    Ghanie-Yea those Burn Intervals are intense huh! But in a REALLY good way! I felt SOO good afterwards-like so light and pumped UP!!:tongue:
    Erika-Keep it up girl! I have never done any sort of hiphop dancing-But maybe eventually I'll give it a shot!:laugh:
    Spiralgirl- Way to go girl! Doesn't it feel great to hit those workouts hard!?
    I just finished CE Burn 3-wasn't as intense as I thought it was going to be-but maybe I need to kick it up a notch next time- either way, I finished my workouts off with TJ CardioPartyRemix-GREAT burn with that one especially after CE:happy: I'm off to make my dindin now, I'm trying out CE Ponzu Grilled Salmon=YUM!
    I'll be checking back later!
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My short day yesterday turned in to a long day and as a result it turned into a rest day. I have a 3 day weekend and I can't wait to enjoy it after working for 100 hours in 7 days straight :happy: I even got my rear out of bed this morning and went for a 15 minute run and a 20 minute brisk walk back! My brother and his gf are visiting so I probably won't be able to hang out with Chalene but we're going site seeing so we'll be walking around a lot. My husband told me that my legs look thinner last night:happy:

Angel- thanks for the encouragement- sounds like you're kicking butt with your workouts.
    Mandi- I look forward to hearing from you everyday--> this message board has helped keep me on track and I'm sure it can do the same for you! Welcome!:drinker:
    Megan- glad you're doing well!
    Ghanie- hope you enjoy your day off!
    Janet- welcome back! Thanks for being a great inspiration to us all!
    Casey- I haven't been out too much but it's VERY hot here. I'm hoping you're right about the water retention/etc. I should listen to you all and take measurement. I'm going to do that today for real!
    Erika- thanks for the vote of confidence. You are such a trooper!

Have a terrific day everyone! Thanks for all the kindness you've shown me and the support. I can't even begin to tell you all how much this message board means to me!:flowerforyou:

Thanks enough cheese for the day...
    ~Erica
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sup everyone!

I tried to post last night but my internet went down only after I typed it out so arg! :sick:

My friend asked me to help her brother move so I didn't get to do turbo sculpt or anything but I hauled the heaviest things those boys would let me take upstairs for about 45 minutes straight. Then because I really did want to work my abs I did lots of crunches and bicycles while my boyfriend watched and gave me pointers like holding the crunch.

Today will be day two of the first week of C25K!!

Mandi - way to go! Starting is the hardest part for me.

Erika - I live right in the twin cities. The humidity is maddening. For those of you who don't experience this... it feels hot and gross at any temperature! You just get sticky. I ran with my dog and dragged him along Wed. He kept trying to stop in the shade. Does it count as burning extra if you're pulling a 60 lb dog? :laugh:
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    It's Friday everyone!! YAYY!!! I only work til noon so I'm PUMPED to get home and make a fantasic lunch! Then after probably do some biking and my CE- it's Burn It Off and Recharge today though so I might do that a little later in the afternoon and fill in the gap with some TJ! I've got weekends off in August so I'm super excited that means I can get in lots of workouts!:happy:
    Well that's it for now, Just checking in! Hope you all have a great afternoon! I'll be back later I'm sure!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! I managed to get up early enough to get Lean #3 in and a 20 minute run. Felts awesome to run after 2 weeks off due to this stomach bug/cold. I think I'm finally over it, thank goodness! I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the family!

Have a wonderful day today! I'm glad to be working today in the a/c...it's going to be a hot one here!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in today and have lost 3 pounds since last Friday! Very happy about that.

Yesterday was my rest day. I walked for 40 minutes on my lunch but didn't do much after that.

I ordered CE today. It should be here next week. I'm not sure when I'll start it but I really didn't want to wait any longer. I also found it used minus the thigh toner band (which I have) for $54.99. I HAD to get it!! I did an assessment of the weights we have on hand. Between my husband and I...we have a pretty decent collection of free weights in a pretty wide weight range. I should be okay until I can afford the much cooler Bowflex weights. Question though...what is the 7th DVD that I've seen being sold alone?

I am off of work until Wednesday. I am trying to gradually switch my workouts to the morning while I"m off.
    The plan for today is one of the longer cardios and turbo sculpt.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Burn 3 is done and gosh I've been famished the past few days! I might bump the calories up for a week or so to full maintenance. We'll see. I'm gonna wait a few more days and see if it eases up at all.

spiralgirl, glad to have you joining us soon! The 7th dvd is probably the Deluxe dvd. It has Fat Burn Challenge, Get Lean Intervals, and I've Got Abs. They're for the Lean and Lean for Life phases, kinda more ramped versions for Burn it Off, Burn Intervals, and Ab Burner/Extreme Abs that you can swap out in those phases.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good afternoon jammers!:bigsmile:
    Been busy at work today-and I booked some stuff for my cruise yesterday. I also got news from Jason that he can take me away in two weeks now...so MN folks we are coming your way!
    I did CE Push 3 last night...man those one legged sumos are tough! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! :laugh: This am I did some treadmill sprints and an incline walk. Just yoga left for today.

Mandi: We are here for you girl! Use the team or us individually as you need..we are all here for advice or motivation..we all work together:flowerforyou:

Janet; Good to see ya girl! I think we've all had the scale do that..honestly it isn't always the eating-you def have to look at how you look, feel (do pics or measurements if you have to). I had the same thing happen..but I work out and eat good so not even gonna worry-although not cool to see that #:wink: Chilin...is always a good thing from time to time:glasses:

Ghanie: Those Burn Int kill at first..but it gets easier with time..those lunge jump shots, triceps, and burpees used to kill me..now totally manageable. You'll be a rockstar at it in no time! Good advice from you as always:flowerforyou:

Megan: You go turbo girl! Isn't your turbokick class coming up? Yes Extreme abs is EXTREME..yowza!

Lilangel: Great to see you rockin out CE! I logged my weights and after each one would notate if I needed to go down, stay same, or go up next time. It's hard to remember w/o! I :heart: Salmon! You go girl!

Erica: Your hubbie deserves a kudos..good for him to notice AND acknowledge! You are doing great at adjusting to your schedule..just stay active and you'll be fine...way to stay positive!:flowerforyou: You motivate me just as much as you say we all do...it's a TEAM!

Jules: I am from IA..trust me..I KNOW the humidity:laugh: Keep it real girl...you are doing great!

Erika: Way to rock it out early! HOT here too! Rain this weekend..hopefully not for my 11.5 mile run!

Spiralgirl: Well hot dog you are gonna be a CE girl! There are 7 DVDs (1-Orientation for weights/bands/kitchen, 3-Burn/Push/Lean, 2-Cardio/Core/Recharge, 1-Motivation CD) and 2 books (1-Program, 1-Nutrition). There is also an 8th DVD that you can add that Ghanie mentioned that is an upgrade. You don't have to have the Bowflex weights to be effective..they are just easier to use! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Keep it real girls!:glasses:
    Casey
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good afternoon all:tongue:
    I just finished CE Recharge-really nice stretches, I needed that! My thigh muscles have been a bit sore, so that really felt great:love: . I did my CE Burn It Off a bit earlier and a bikeride shortly after lunch this afternoon, so I think that I'm going to relax the rest of the night. I might however do AbJam (only done it once this week with all the CE'ing:laugh: ) But Casey you're right- she does incorporate quite a bit of core work so I'm trying not to worry too much about missing a few ab sessions (I'm just going to fit it in when I can and when I really feel like:smile: ) I've got tomorrow off, so I was thinking about giving TJ Booty Sculpt and Abs another go-I haven't done that one in awhile now! It's supposed to be really hot tomorrow so I might try to squeeze my bikeride in the AM so it's not so unbearable:sick:
    I have noticed on my days off I really want to stay active, also it curbs my boredom-so I often do several workouts in a day (TJ, pilates, etc.) Does anyone else push harder say over a weekend and back off on the weekdays? I work 11 hour days during the week (sometimes later if emergency) and when I get home I squeeze my workouts in before dinner. So when my days off come I really want to burn it up and usually end up over 500 cal. During the week only around 200-300 burned. Should I be staying more consistent instead? I just love spending my time off doing something fun-and working out fills that gap..but I also don't want to overdo it...what do you girls think? Thanks in advance:ohwell:
    Casey-I'm so jealous, I've never been on a cruise! Take me take me!! :laugh: Maybe my time will come..lol
    Anyway, I'm just going to relax for a few hours and work on this recipe book I've been putting together--feel free to give me any of your favorite recipes girls! I'm always looking for new ideas and I'd love to hear 'em! Though, I've recently fallen in love with Chalene's suggestion-pudding cup/ jello cup/cool whip-YUM..anybody else do those alot? :laugh:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone...
    Only have a sec to check in with Burn 1 and Ab Burner today. I'll check back to read what you're all up to later tonight.

LilAngel, I did read your post really quickly,and I wanted to say that I definitely get in long workouts on the weekends when I have time, then go back to my regular routine during the week. I agree, it helps with boredom on a lazy Sunday afternoon...if I'm out jogging or just walking I can't snack! I've done some 3 hr brisk walks on Sundays when the weather is good and it's so nice to be out with just me and my iPod relaxing, yet getting exercise at the same time.

Catch ya all later!
    Megan
  • BioGrimm
    BioGrimm Posts: 15
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi! I have been very busy this past week, but have managed to workout the last 3 days. I must say I really like this site. I especially like at the end of the day when I get that message "if everyday were like today, then I would weigh __ in 5 weeks" There is something so motivating about that statement to me. It makes me work harder. And that is something I have not had from other "paying for" sites.
    I'll be back on this weekend. Time to shower!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good AM girls! I woke up today with all good intentions of getting my TJ CardioPartyMix1 in, but my thighs are SORE!:sad: Must have been something in that Burn It Off that my body liked--haha--probably those Screamers! Anyway, I decided to take a little time this morning to relax, let my muscles warm up, eat my breakfast and I will hit my biking asap! I am going to push through this because I know once I do my muscles will thank me for the stretching!!!:smile: Plan is CP and TJ Booty Sculpt (if my legs don't kill!:grumble: )
    In need of some encouragement-I just keep telling myself I can DO IT! haha
    Oh, one more question--I have been getting quite a few charlie horses again first this in the AM when I do that "in bed groggy stretch":laugh: - but NOT pleasant! Any suggestions?? I drink plenty of water! I've heard that it can be potassium and/or calcium deficiency too but I eat a least a banana a day and dairy products as well! OUCH!:devil:
    Have a good afternoon everyone! I'll check back later:smile:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Checking in with Turbo Kick Round 28 today...love that! We're going to a County Fair this afternoon, so I really needed the calorie burn...and I'm hoping to find something healthy to eat there!

BioGrimm, great job on your workouts! I agree, the "you'd weigh..." thingy is very motivating!

Lil Angel, some good stretching and biking sounds like a great plan to loosen up those muscles. My legs get really sore from the CE cardios too. I've also had night time Charlie Horses(although not recently), but definitely when I first started the CE cardios. I made sure I drank lots of water and ate a banana a day. Not sure if that helped or not, but I haven't had them in a while now.

Have a great Saturday!
    Megan
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I just finished Burn it Off and Recharge and I can see why you might have a charlie horse, hehe. I'll have to see if I end up with one tomorrow.

I had a good night's sleep last night. I forgot how well I slept in my own bed :laugh:. I'm scheduled to have both Monday and Tuesday night off so hopefully the sky will clear up enough to get a glimpse of the meteor shower sometime.

I don't think I can think of the Recharge video as flexibility training. I'm pretty flexible and was craving some deeper stretches. The breathing in the beginning was really relaxing so I might just latch that part onto my hacked up stretch routine from Classical Stretch and X Stretch.
  • lose100
    lose100 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hey everyone! Totally forgot to check in the last couple of days. Between work, studying, and working out, I'm staying plenty busy. This is a good thing though, it keeps the food out of my mouth. LOL! Anyway, yesterday before work I did Booty Sculpt + Abs, and Cardio Party Remix. Two of my favorites! Tonight before work I did Cardio Party Mix 3, one I haven't done in ages. They are going well, but I can sure tell it's been way too long! I am super sore, but I love to be sore, it's a sign that it's working! Anyway, you guys are awsome, and I feel very lucky to have the support that I do here. Keep up the great work, and we'll see you tomorrow!

Mandi
  • Hockeymum2009
    Options
    Good morning everyone ..
    I am new to this website and the message board ..
    I have been turbo jam off and on for a long time .. I do love it .. I just get into those stages where I get lazy and just don't do it .. But this time .. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN .. this is a great site that I actually saw someone talk about it on WOWY site so I thought I would check i out ..

I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party this morning first thing .. and then tonight when I get home from my daughters hockey games, I am going to do Kick, Punch and Jam ..
    My goal right now is to do at least 5 days a week .. need to lose the last of my weight .. IT IS DRIVING ME MENTAL !!! My starting weight was 240lbs then at the end of June I was 160 but I put on 14lbs over the summer and I feel terrible ..

Back up and at it !!!! I am down 4lbs the past couple of weeks, back to working out at least 4-5 days a week and eating really good .. and drinking lots of water ..

Well should be going .. I am having another workout at 7pm if anyone is interested in joining on Wowy, I will be there

Denise

261300.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Welcome Denise, good to have you aboard. It's stretch day for me ... ahhh ..