CALLING ALL VEGANS, VEGETARIANS, AND RAW VEGANS!!

Options

Replies

• radish67
    radish67 Posts: 4
    Options
    my daughter has been a no meat or eggs for over 5 years, she eats cheese, but no tuna, chicken or meat, she eats BOCA and morningstart and i eat them with her. I would llike some ideas to incorporate different vegetables into our diet, expample Zucchinni.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am not a dedicated veg/vegan but I do eat vegetarian about half the time and am always looking for new meals/ideas and people to talk veggies with :flowerforyou:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 13 years here!! :) I always am looking for new ideas so anyone can feel free to add me ! :):)
  • allietalker
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 3/4 years now, and LOVE it. Although i'm starting to feel the effects of not having meat..and being extremely fussy. Would love some new ideas on food I can make (with quorn?!:D) feel free to add :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Vegan for a year and a half, vegetarian for almost a decade before that. :)
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another vegan here. :) Any of you are welcome to add me! I'd also love to see a raw vegan's diary. :D
  • radish67
    radish67 Posts: 4
    Options
    i have suffred from sever anemia for years, I was eating odd things ( pica cravings) and my hair fell out and I was always out of break, I went through 8 weeks of Venofer tarnsfusions a year ago and so far , i am still doing ok, if your severe anemic talk to dr about drastic steps to make it better, after my second infusion, my pica stopped immediately.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY REALLY trying to be vegan. I'm anemic though so I can only do it bursts.. like 6 weeks or so, and then I don't feel well until I eat some type of meat or dairy. Not sure why this keeps happening but would love some advice to PLEASE friend me!

I am by no meals a professional, but maybe really increasing your dark leafy greens consumption may help with the anemia? Also, don't feel bad about needing dairy or something every now and then. I am a firm believer that "One man's food is another man's poison" We all have different physical needs and that's okay. :happy:
  • Astroduckula
    Options
    Hey I'm a vegetarian have been since I was around 8 years old and I'm 30 now. Love my food and a cheesaholic and luckily my fave cheese is veggie-friendly :)

I support and admire all you vegans but I couldn't do it I adore my cheese, cream, butter, milk, basically all dairy far too much but please feel free to add me if you wish!
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself Vegan but I follow a Vegan diet and without processed foods. I'm new at this (4 months) so I would love like friends. Especially for recipe sharing.
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY REALLY trying to be vegan. I'm anemic though so I can only do it bursts.. like 6 weeks or so, and then I don't feel well until I eat some type of meat or dairy. Not sure why this keeps happening but would love some advice to PLEASE friend me!

I am by no meals a professional, but maybe really increasing your dark leafy greens consumption may help with the anemia? Also, don't feel bad about needing dairy or something every now and then. I am a firm believer that "One man's food is another man's poison" We all have different physical needs and that's okay. :happy:

Unfortunately, I already eat a ton of dark leafy greens :( It helps but no cure. And yea, I try not to feel too bad about adding things into my diet that aren't exactly "healthy" just keep the cals to a minimum right?
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    May I just say that I am so excited to have all these new veggie/vegan friends! With all the meat/paleo talk in this community, it's nice to meet some like-minded individuals. :)
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is a vegetarian (used to be vegan, but she was having a hard time getting all her nutrients) and I tried it for 2 weeks as an experiment. It wasnt too bad because I go entire days already without eating meat. I wouldnt want to ever become one full time because it is such a hassle when dining out or at get togethers and such....but I respect everyone who decides to take up that lifestyle.

I am an animal lover as I'm sure most of you are, but I do believe that animals are on this earth to eat. I think animals, just like fruits and vegetables, supply humans with a lot of things that are important to health. I'm not into taking vitamins to get nutrients that I can get from eating actual food. (Please don't try to argue with me....my girlfriend is going to school for public health and nutrition, so I've heard it all. haha) That being said, I strongly disagree with the way that a lot of animals are "processed" or whatever you want to call it, and I do try and eat organic and local meat as much as possible. I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything.....as I totally understand why people would become vegetarians/vegans because of these reasons. Does anyone have any other reasons they choose that eating habit? Just curious.

Anywho....if any of you still want to be friends, even tho I am a carnivore, I will be happy to support you in all your fitness and nutrition endevors! I also cook veggie/vegan meals for my girlfriend a lot, so maybe we can share some recipies. I'm always looking to try new things!
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is a vegetarian (used to be vegan, but she was having a hard time getting all her nutrients) and I tried it for 2 weeks as an experiment. It wasnt too bad because I go entire days already without eating meat. I wouldnt want to ever become one full time because it is such a hassle when dining out or at get togethers and such....but I respect everyone who decides to take up that lifestyle.

I am an animal lover as I'm sure most of you are, but I do believe that animals are on this earth to eat. I think animals, just like fruits and vegetables, supply humans with a lot of things that are important to health. I'm not into taking vitamins to get nutrients that I can get from eating actual food. (Please don't try to argue with me....my girlfriend is going to school for public health and nutrition, so I've heard it all. haha) That being said, I strongly disagree with the way that a lot of animals are "processed" or whatever you want to call it, and I do try and eat organic and local meat as much as possible. I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything.....as I totally understand why people would become vegetarians/vegans because of these reasons. Does anyone have any other reasons they choose that eating habit? Just curious.

Anywho....if any of you still want to be friends, even tho I am a carnivore, I will be happy to support you in all your fitness and nutrition endevors! I also cook veggie/vegan meals for my girlfriend a lot, so maybe we can share some recipies. I'm always looking to try new things!

I can totally respect your choice. Personally, I find it very difficult to find a farm that would meet my own personal standards for humane treatment - even for things like dairy and eggs. Even the small-ish, local farms are pretty big and there are problems inherent in mass production. I went back and forth between vegetarian and vegan a lot of times before I finally settled on vegan - and I would research the heck out of farms and try to choose the best possible, but even then it just didn't sit right with me. On dairy farms, calves are taken away from their mothers at birth (or a few days after), and even the organic family egg farms that I found bought their chicks from hatcheries, who kill all of the male chicks at birth.

I feel healthiest when eating vegan anyway, so I've just come to a place where I'm okay with getting my vitamin B-12 from nutritional yeast and/or a supplement.

I think it's great that you are considering the issues and trying to make informed choices - and eating a lot of plant based meals!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I thought it said veteran's. :wink:
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier is easier when you are vegetarian/vegan.
  • Elizabeth0913
    Options
    Just a vegetarian here. Working on elliminating processed foods. :ohwell:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    1123040978.jpg
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie for 20 odd years and have starting going vegan just this month, feel free to add me :smile:
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    *runs in throws bacon in the air*

:::Catches bacon and eats it promptly to protect the vegans::::: MMMMMMMMMMMM!

I am actually trying this Vega Complete Whole Food Optimizer (Vanilla Chai flavor and Chocolate flavor) to try and go as close to vegan as I can during the week, then eat some fish/chicken on weekends.