CALLING ALL VEGANS, VEGETARIANS, AND RAW VEGANS!!

Options

Replies

• merylwyn
    merylwyn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been pescetarian for about 5 weeks now. Feel free to add :)
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but on slight occasion will have fish - but it's rare. Trying to go 100% organic at this point and eventually move to vegan :)

Anyone can add me to help motivate (I would love to look at some of your diaries for ideas and tips)
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about a year and slowly changing my ways to become vegan! Add me if you want I log in everyday!!
  • magic110
    magic110 Posts: 7
    Options
    Vegetarian for over a year and love it! Always nice to see what other vegetarians/vegans are doing.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here :)
    I still eat dairy, eggs, etc. BUT I'm limiting my intake of all of them. There are a few things that I would be sad to get rid of (aka pizza). I never buy milk, cheese, eggs, etc. but if I was at a friend's place or my parents place or something, then I would still have those things.
    Thinking about switching to vegan though.
  • Susiegoodness
    Susiegoodness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 18 years. I aspire to be a raw vegan but i have been lazy lately.

Edited to fix spelling!
  • GOT2GETSLIM
    GOT2GETSLIM Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been a Vegetarian for 14 years for ethical reasons. I'm very proud that no animals have had to die for me, My Daughter or My Mom :smile: . I'm always looking to connect with other compassionate veggie lovers :) I haven't had milk or eggs in years {only in an occassional piece of cake or chocolate). I occassionally have a slice of pizza cuz it's there and it's easy and I hate that about me :) I tend to gravitate towards whatever is fast, cheap and easy. I would love some Vegan friends to show me the way :smile: Vegetarians, I'd love to be your friend too :)

Oh and if anyone lives in Southern California I'd love to know if there are any Vegetarian/Vegan feast or get togethers that you know of,.......... or perhaps we could start our own Veg Fest every other month or so :flowerforyou:
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Newly strict vegetarian, working towards Vegan here. Feel free to add me, anyone, because I can always use super motivation for the days I stray from MFP!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's exciting to me here in the deep south to see that there are a lot of us all over! I'm a near vegan with occasional slips of dairy (pizza!) and also occasionally consume eggs in baked products like bread. I'm moving towards a raw diet and plan to go completely raw for the summer starting on June 21. Anyone wanting to join me in trying a raw diet for the summer is most welcome. I'll be happy to swap recipes and support. For example, I've found excellent recipes for raw pizza, raw oatmeal and many other delectables. And I'm always happy to add more vegetarian/vegan/raw pals...

:happy:
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian! :)
  • louisaballard
    Options
    I've been ovo lacto vegetarian for 20 years. I've just shocked myself writing that, I didn't quite realise I'd been vegetarian for 2 thirds of my life! I very occasionally eat tuna if I feel I'm low in iron because iron tablets make me sick. WOuls love some veggie friends to share diaries with. Only recently started to diet again!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, if you'd like! Basically vegan (but don't call myself that, cause I'm a dietary vegan).
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY REALLY trying to be vegan. I'm anemic though so I can only do it bursts.. like 6 weeks or so, and then I don't feel well until I eat some type of meat or dairy. Not sure why this keeps happening but would love some advice to PLEASE friend me!

I have to ask - do you know what kind of anemia you have? And have you talked to your dr about this? I'm asking because dairy doesn't have much iron in it, so if dairy relieves your symptoms, it sounds like it might be something else (low protein, vit B12 deficiency, maybe?). Just a thought. :)
  • elle391
    elle391 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 20+ years, and started incorporating fish into my diet about 10 years ago. Would love to get some new ideas. Feel free to add:)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian!! :drinker: Been one since I was 2....
  • brownskinblue
    Options
    Hi! Still looking for friends? I'm a vegan--not raw, but losing just the same! :o)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. Just since September/October but I'm so glad I made that choice! I still have dairy products, etc. on occasion but I rarely purchase them (egg replacements that don't have any egg in them work, and soy milk instead of regular milk) but I don't cut them completely out of my diet.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm vegan!! you can add me! :D
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and have looked into becoming vegan, but I'm not much of a cook and milk is in so much of what I eat for protein. I would love help and suggestions! I'm in Texas and there are not a lot of vegetarians around here!
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been on a vegetarian diet for a couple weeks now, and definitely want to stick with it. Add me if you'd like :)